PDA

View Full Version : It really works!

Rainier
11-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I want to thank all who have gone before me and were willing to share their experience. I bought a cheap toaster oven, HF PC gun and gave it a whirl this weekend.
Here's the results of my first ever Powder Coating...

dbosman
11-26-2013, 04:02 PM
Looking good.
Please follow up on how well they compare to your pre-PC boolits.

fcvan
11-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Looking good! I'm really looking forward to trying Ranier's' fender washer trick with some non stick aluminum foil. ES PC surely makes for some purty boolits. I've fired hundreds through my .357, 9mm, 40 S&W, 45 ACP, and AR in 5.56 but haven't had the opportunity to try the Lee C312-155 2R in the 30-06 and 300 blk. Keep up the good work my friend. Black boolits are beautiful!

bangerjim
11-26-2013, 07:43 PM
I have to agree......black slugs are perrrrrrrrty, especially with Cu GC's!

I use ONLY HF matte black. Fortunately my local stores (several within about 6 miles) carry a good stock!

I cannot believe there are still many on here that still crank out lead with grease on it.

To each his own. I'll make mine powder coated!

banger

Mike Kerr
11-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Yahoo! Having shot Precision bullets for over a decade, I know the "black bullet" is very very worthwhile as far as getting good accuracy, velocity and clean as well.

waco
11-26-2013, 10:47 PM
I'll ask this again here. What is the disadvantage, if any, to installing GC before PC?
Mine sized down just fine. Plus, the PC insures the GC stays ON the boolit after it leaves the barrel.
Waco88715

VHoward
11-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't see any disadvantage to gas checking before powder coating. I gas checked mine before epoxy paint coating mine. They work just fine.

Rainier
11-26-2013, 11:51 PM
Just thinking out loud here - When you put the gas check on do you size, GC then PC and resize after PCing? If so, the only "disadvantage" I see is the added step of sizing twice. If not, I see no disadvantage at all. I dropped my boolits, PCed then GC and sized.
Would love to hear a range report as to accuracy - powder coating the GC vs. not and see if there is any difference.