PDA

View Full Version : My two bundles of joy

Down South
11-24-2013, 01:18 PM
I never thought about being a great GrandPaw when I was younger. But, here I am, Great GrandPaw.

farmerjim
11-24-2013, 03:10 PM
Congratulations !

s mac
11-24-2013, 04:04 PM
Congratulations, I'm only a grandpa, but do have twin granddaughters. They are alot of fun. s mac

waksupi
11-24-2013, 04:51 PM
That means you will need to buy TWO guns for them to grow in to!

Down South
11-24-2013, 04:54 PM
That means you will need to buy TWO guns for them to grow in to!
I bought all the grand kids their first guns so I would say that you are correct.

starmac
11-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Two guns, lol That is just the start. lol They are sure a lot of fun, and will be more so very quick. lol

Yesterday evening just by chance my wife and I were walking into the grocery store and ran into my Dil and two grandkids the baby will be 1 tomorrow and the oldest will be three next month. the oldest went with his grandpa while we did the shopping and we had a blast, then he kept locking his legs in the cart so I couldn't take him out when it was time to leave. lol The BEST part is you get to have all the fun, then send them home for momma to deal with. lol

square butte
11-24-2013, 05:23 PM
May the good Lord's favor be upon you and your two little miracles.

Down South
11-24-2013, 07:50 PM
May the good Lord's favor be upon you and your two little miracles.
Thank you. They were miracles, they were premature. They were born 12 weeks early. They stayed in the hospital for about two months with all kinds of problems including heart problems. They have a clean bill of health now and are growing like crazy. It was answers to prayer that they are here today.
Yesterday was the first time that I was able to hold them. The last time that I was home, about a month ago, they had been out of the hospital for a few weeks but I had a cold and would not go to their house.

Hamish
11-24-2013, 08:19 PM
Ah, yer in for it now mister! Twins ain't twice the fun, it's a whole lot more than that! (Man, I don't know how the parents do it. It's a good thing they're young!)

buckwheatpaul
11-24-2013, 09:19 PM
Congratulations....you will have to let me know if being a great grandpaw is better than being a grandpaw......I love my grandpaw gig.....watching my granddaughter fight grandma for her rifle....playing with the cows, and goin' with me to the woods for hog huntin'!

Have a great Thanksgiving and a blessed Christmas to you and your entire family!

Blacksmith
11-24-2013, 11:55 PM
Down South

You should change your avatar.

You already established that Granpaws buy first guns so their grandpaws should take care of that. You need to buy them their first reloading outfit, including molds, to feed those guns.

Down South
11-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Down South

You should change your avatar.

You already established that Granpaws buy first guns so their grandpaws should take care of that. You need to buy them their first reloading outfit, including molds, to feed those guns.
LOL, they will inherit mine. Until then, they will be welcome to use whatever they want.

Alstep
11-25-2013, 12:49 AM
Sure is a Blessed Thanksgiving in your household this year. Doesn't get much better than that. Congratulations to all.

akajun
11-25-2013, 10:11 AM
Congrats, I have identical 4yo boys, and I mean identical. We painted their big toenails the first year so the daycare could tell them apart, when they started pre k they had to wear name tags the first month for the teachers
Even my wife and I still confuse them sometimes . Btw with twin newborns , once you get in the habit of doing everything twice, whether needed or not, it's not much more difficult than a single child

DoubleAdobe
11-25-2013, 10:16 AM
Congratulations, Grampa, and to Mom and Dad as well. That is a fine looking pair of cuates.

blackthorn
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM
Congratulations!!! My great grandson will be 2 in Feb. 2014. Unfortunately he lives 6 hours away so I don't see him often. I did spend a couple of weeks at the Grandaughters home prior to moose/deer hunting this past fall. Great grand kids are a lot of fun, just like thier parents were!!! Enjoy!!

smoked turkey
11-25-2013, 01:21 PM
I can only speak as a "Pappa" as I was called. Not a great yet. Now seems all the kids and grands just call me "pap" for short. I LOVE being a pappa or pap. My 15 year old grandson shot his first buck this year, a 7 point. It was more thrilling than when I shoot one. Wouldn't have missed it for the world. Down South that double bundle will keep you young. Enjoy every moment. You are a blessed man.

Iowa Fox
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Congrats to you. Only a grandpa here but sure hope the wife and I get to see great grand kids.

gray wolf
11-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Very, very nice picture, best of luck with the grandchildren. Enjoy every minute.

smokeywolf
11-25-2013, 06:07 PM
+1 on Alstep's comment.

JeffinNZ
11-25-2013, 06:44 PM
Fantastic. One's looking at ya funny though.