PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a RD mold

Lead melter
11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
Fellers,
As I get older I know my mind is going downhill, but I could have sworn I saw a group buy project for a six cavity 30 caliber mold from Ranch Dog somewhere on this sight. It came coplete with a link to the RD page for specs and sign-up. Anyone got any ideas where I haven't looked, or are my sexual fantasies turning to boolits? Really weird!

:confused:

45nut
11-17-2007, 03:57 PM
RD has a banner on the bottom of the page.. enjoy.

Ranch Dog
11-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Really weird!:confused:

Lead melter... There was a group buy open for both the two and six cavity molds. I got the minimum buyers I wanted to see and ordered them. I will have an inventory of these molds in about four months and at that time I will have them for sale on my web site.

I shot the little bugger in my 308 Marlin Express yesterday afternoon... sweet! With a starting load of BL-C(2) (37.0-grains) I saw 2260 FPS and nice little groups. These were very soft bullets, I'm going to cast some 1:1 linotype:WW and put some heat behind them and see what the rifle does. I had Lee cut me some dies for the caliber and my bullet specifically. Very nice work, case neck expanded just right, bullet profile fits the bullet seating stem, Factory Crimp Die doesn't overwork the .311" and the Lee Case Trimmer cuts exactly 1.92"... life is good!

My pressure trace equipment was all pissed off for not being used in a couple months. I wouldn't record any pressure data. I was very disappointed with that.