PDA

View Full Version : Gun Auction in Indianapolis

Blacksmith
11-22-2013, 09:20 PM
There will be a gun auction in Indianapolis on December 1st. Be sure to check the PDF list of guns (including 18 Johnsons) and also look at the pictures for a lot of other interesting stuff including plenty of ammo and an army mule.

http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/auctionview.cgi?lid=1947938&kwd=&zip=46016&category=0

Cover your keyboard so the drool doesn't short out the wiring.

Duckiller
11-22-2013, 10:16 PM
"Must be present to buy" It is 1500+/- miles away. Why should I care ? Earl doesn't seem very friendly. LGS runs an auction about every 4 months and he takes bids from all over the country. Get better prices that way and he makes more money.

Kraschenbirn
11-23-2013, 01:05 AM
Not 'friendly', indeed...won't recognize C&Rs and no out of state sales without an 01FFL. Hasn't this auction house ever heard of reciprocal sales agreements between contiguous states? I'm in Illinois and can cross into Indiana and buy long guns legally from any 01FFL so what's so special about his business?

There's an auction house about an hour south of me that runs three or four large consignment sales a year...as many as 1000 guns on a sale bill...and they draw dealers/collectors from all over the country. Can bid by phone or online and no problems with C&Rs or sales to residents of contiguous states...so long as they present acceptable ID and comply with the IL waiting period.

Bill

Bad Water Bill
11-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Only FFLs and Indiana residents may make purchases. You MUST pay $20.00 cash (no refunds) for EACH federal NICS check for EACH item purchased.

I wonder what the admission fee will be?