PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet

Bigjohn
11-16-2007, 10:36 PM
What's happening to member "Ricochet".

When I joined the forum he had a full head of hair and a full beard. First the beard went and now he is totally bald.:confused:

He didn't get hold of a batch of irradiated Boolit material did he? [smilie=1:

:drinks:

John

madcaster
11-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Na,I just live about 45 miles from him,and I aggrevate him to the point of pulling out the rest of his hair![smilie=1:

wiljen
11-17-2007, 12:36 AM
If Ricochet is anything like most of us, his kids probably caused some of that hair loss.

oneokie
11-17-2007, 01:07 AM
wiljen writes

his kids probably caused some of that hair loss.

My kids must be pretty good, as still have all my hair. But-----for some reason it is rapidly turning white????

Bret4207
11-17-2007, 10:52 AM
The plays a dobro! What can you expect. On second thought, at least he's not a banjo player!

floodgate
11-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Bret:

First time I saw a dobro was a wood-bodied round-neck National my boss wanted re-strung. Thought then, "Why would anyone do THAT to a decent guitar?" Later, I was doing some zither repair work (DON'T ASK!) for a music shop in Barstow, and the owner's wife said the Dopyera brothers lived somewhere nearby and would drop in and show them their instruments as they developed them. Interesting bit of history! "DOBRO" would be Common-Slavic for "GOOD"; always wondered if they had that in mind, as well as their family name when they named the instrument.

floodgate

PS: Checked them on Google/Wikipedia; yep, remembered and guessed right. Corrected family name from "Dopera" to "Dopyera".

454PB
11-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Ricochet explained his dramatic image reversal at the time it happened. I don't recall his exact reasons, but it was voluntary and not a health problem.

The year I turned 30 I went on a crash diet and lost 65 pounds in 4 months. Everyone in my family thought I had cancer.

Bigjohn
11-17-2007, 07:00 PM
I was starting to get concerned that he was falling apart piece by piece before our eyes. :roll:

There is probably any number of things out there that would cause us to pull our hair out by the roots; kids, some co-workers; traffic;...............

That's the first time I have ever heard of a ????; I will have to look it up on the net.

:drinks:

John.

testhop
11-17-2007, 08:30 PM
now i think it is all the brains pushing the hair out
of course it could be all those collage kids driving him to pull it out
naw it must be the brains

tom

oneokie
11-17-2007, 10:39 PM
????

Why
Why
Why
Why

Linstrum
11-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Ricochet just took his hat off is all.

He is from Abe Lincoln's old neighborhood and when he had the beard he looked more like it.

twotrees
11-17-2007, 11:48 PM
that was just a solar panel for a S#X machine.

Our Ricochet..................... Naw.

TwoTrees

MT Gianni
11-18-2007, 07:25 PM
It would be different if I didn't look like him. Boredom can be a serious thing with a razor in your hand. Gianni

Buckshot
11-19-2007, 05:41 AM
.............I really hate to say it, but being brutally honest, to me in that avatar he looks a bit, er ...........dead. Other then the fac tthat his eyes are open :-)

...............Buckshot

Mallard57
11-19-2007, 10:59 AM
[QUOTE][/.............I really hate to say it, but being brutally honest, to me in that avatar he looks a bit, er ...........dead. Other then the fac tthat his eyes are open

...............Buckshot

Ricochet
11-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Hey, sometimes I feel a bit dead, but my eyes are open.

I had all my hair before I got married. I'm sure the fact that was nearly 30 years ago has nothing to do with it. If my son the model ever realizes that I looked a lot like him at his age, I expect he'll get worried.

I grow and shave off hair and beard from time to time. Keeps things from getting monotonous, and helps avoid recognition by anyone who might be after me.

Last year I had hair and a beard, which have gotten quite gray, mostly white. Having the figure for it, I looked like Santa Claus. As has been my habit for several years, I routinely wore a Santa hat from after Thanksgiving till Christmas. The kids loved it, and I'd see lots of them eyeballing me around the office, out at the mall or in the grocery store, etc. In late January this year, I went into the church's fellowship hall for "doughnut time" prior to Sunday school. The children's minister's little daughter was eating a doughnut as I sat down. She paid no attention to me. Then her mother came by and asked "Who's that?" indicating me. She barely glanced at me, said "Santa Claus," and went on eating her doughnut.
:mrgreen:

Ricochet
11-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Interesting bit of history! "DOBRO" would be Common-Slavic for "GOOD"; always wondered if they had that in mind, as well as their family name when they named the instrument.Yes, they did, according to Bob Brozman. He wrote a book on the history of National guitars.

The company's advertising slogan used to be: "Dobro means 'good' in any language."

fishhawk
11-22-2007, 05:51 PM
actualy i think he looks more like uncle fester from the orignal "adams family"

Scrounger
11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
actualy i think he looks more like uncle fester from the orignal "adams family"

Like this?

Ricochet
11-23-2007, 12:28 PM
You left out the light bulb. :-D

HollandNut
11-23-2007, 12:39 PM