PDA

View Full Version : One of THOSE Days

CIBCasting
11-21-2013, 04:02 AM
Wow, talk about a bad day.

Got the Lyman 20 hot, mold on the shelf was almost up to temp. Oh boy going to be a good day. Right. No sooner had i got the mold perfect, than the phone rings, wife says I have to go get the kids from school. Darn. Shut everything off, and did what had to be done.
By the time i was done, pot was cold. Full but cold. Turned it on and waited. 1 hour later it's still room temp?!?!?
I took it inside and took a look, one of the wires had burned off the element. Fixed that. Pot works,
Back to heating. After it's up to temp, i start casting, there is a burr on the sprew plate. It wasn't there an hour ago, but it's putting nice groove in the mold.

My pot has always been stable, not thus time, it decides to wobble, lead covers the pot and most of the bench. At least it missed most of my clothes.
Well, it was now dark and dinner time.

SIGH. Would someone Please put murphy back in his cage?

Walter Laich
11-21-2013, 11:55 AM
just remember tomorrow is another day and it could go better or worse. Pray for better

Aunegl
11-21-2013, 12:10 PM
just remember tomorrow is another day and it could go better or worse. Pray for better

nope, it can get better, it can get worse or it can stay the same. That's a 33.3% chance of any of that happening. It's never 50/50. At least you're above the dirt.

runfiverun
11-21-2013, 12:23 PM
musta been horrible, you posted it 4 times.

blackthorn
11-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Some days, when things start to go wrong it is just better to pack it in and go read a good book!!!

hotbrew
11-21-2013, 12:35 PM
I found that giving it a break and coming back after a chance to think about it seems to solve a lot of problems and make the other more bearable.

Hotbrew

inspector_17
11-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Sounds like one of my Mondays. LOL

CIBCasting
11-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Sounds like one of my Mondays. LOL

Hah I'm just glad it wasn't a monday! Can you imagine the horrors?

Shiloh
11-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Sometimes one just has to get away from something for awhile. It can be hard to do if you set a block of time for it.

Shiloh