PDA

View Full Version : Corbin Bullet Swaging Company?

abcollector
11-15-2007, 10:29 PM
Anyone ever hear of this company or use their equipment?
Seems of good quality though pricey.

Link (http://www.swagedies.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CBST&Category_Code=PRESS)

HollandNut
11-15-2007, 10:35 PM
They do a lot of custom loaded ammo , great stuff ..

BTW , yur 375 boolits will be in the mail tomorrow I promise , and I threw in an extra box as promised :drinks:

abcollector
11-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Good on you Holland Nut... I forgot all about them.

At least 'til I went through the bank statement! :mrgreen:

Bent Ramrod
11-15-2007, 10:59 PM
I didn't know Corbin made loaded ammunition or even bullets. The company I've dealt with sells presses and die sets for swaging bullets, lead wire, jackets, lubricant and how-to manuals. Kind of pricey for casual use, but pretty good equipment.

abcollector
11-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Good on you Holland Nut... I forgot all about them.

At least 'til I went through the bank statement! :mrgreen:

DOUBLEJK
11-15-2007, 11:03 PM
Corbin doesn't make Ammo. Dave Corbin makes bullet swaging equipment and his brother does also but as a different company RCE or something like that.
Cor-Bon makes ammunition.

mstarling
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM
I have a Corbin press ... superb stuff. Wish I could afford more of their stuff!

HollandNut
11-16-2007, 08:31 AM
[smilie=1: I sed that :roll:

ab yur bank statement has ta look good , yur check jus went in my bank yesterday :mrgreen:

windyhill
12-10-2007, 09:00 PM
i HAVE USED DAVE CORBINS DIES AND PRESSES FOR 20 YEARS, THEY ARE OF HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL, AND LAST. I have made thousands of bullets with his dies... I have one of the origianal m presses he made,, You cant go wrong with his equipment....Denny

creekwalker
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I've spent hours on their web site reading and wishing but at the present time they're priced a little beyond my reach. However, I do have friends checking estate auctions and such for me w/a shopping list ;o) so maybe later.

Creekwalker

floodgate
12-11-2007, 03:05 PM
creekwalker:

Be sure to check BOTH the Corbins' sites: <www.corbins.com> for Dave's, and <www.rceco.com> for Richard's. Great info!

floodgate

bullet maker
12-23-2007, 01:00 AM
I`v bought alot of stuff from them through the years. All great stuff , and well made. You might on to get on both site, or I should say visit both their sites and check out their specials, that they run from time to time. I bought a few of these specials, and saved over 50%.

bullet maker

bullet maker
05-03-2008, 08:15 AM
As a follow up to my above statement, does anybody know if RCE is still in buisness?
I bought a core casting mould from him about 6 months ago? and tried to go back on his site, and couldnt find it. Or rather words, I did find it, but there was nothing there, like maybe, he dont have it on-line anymore?
I do know (and bought) some stuff he had on e-bay awhile back, and wondered if he was going out of buisness at that time, since he was selling alot of stuff on e-bay.

bullet maker

05-03-2008, 09:00 AM
bullet maker,
Richard's site is still up.

http://rceco.com/MN.asp?pg=default

chrisx1
05-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I placed an order with Richard at the first of the year....as in 3 Jan 08. I ordered a walnut hill press, core mold, .22 jacket goodies, etc. The whole mess to make jackets from .22 rimfire cases. Anyway, he told me at the time it would be 45 days turnaround time.:shock: I decided I could live with that for the quality I was going to get.

Well, here we are in.....May, and needless to say, I don't have any dies/press/etc.[smilie=b:

I have called and talked to Richard twice, and he is nice enough, just seems to be on a different pace than the rest of the world.

Chris

RANGER RICK
05-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Richard is a tad slow although his equipment is top notch.
Just got my Walnut Hill , 500 dies ,core molds ETC .

RR

bullet maker
05-03-2008, 01:40 PM
OK thanks 405

ksouthar
05-06-2008, 01:32 AM
Good stuff. I've used his equipment with several different calibers. Expensive but it will be equipment your grandchildren can use.

keiht

bullet maker
05-08-2008, 10:23 AM
Both Richard and his brother Dave, are really nice guys, and they are always so layed back. I bet both of them will live to be 100 years old. LOL, I`v never met them in person, but have talked to both over the telephone. I think Richard is cheaper than his brother, on the swaging equipment, but I think Dave has alot more of it, already made and ready to ship out the door.
I`d love to go up there on vacation and have a walk through the buisness, or have a guided tour, but alas, it probably not permitted.

bullet maker

badgeredd
05-14-2008, 07:12 PM
Both Richard and his brother Dave, are really nice guys, and they are always so layed back. I bet both of them will live to be 100 years old. LOL, I`v never met them in person, but have talked to both over the telephone. I think Richard is cheaper than his brother, on the swaging equipment, but I think Dave has alot more of it, already made and ready to ship out the door.
I`d love to go up there on vacation and have a walk through the buisness, or have a guided tour, but alas, it probably not permitted.

bullet maker

A friend of mine called Dave a few years ago and asked if it was possible to get a tour. He was told that if he could make an appointment they would do their best to give him a tour. He went up and was able to go through most of the facility. He said they people were really nice to him.

pjh421
05-17-2008, 01:24 PM
It has been a rare occasion when I have had a more pleasant and reassuring experience in buying something than when I have dealt with Dave Corbin. He takes a personal interest in your satisfaction with his products. He doesn't try to sell you stuff you don't need. He cautions you about how you might try to make something work that ultimately won't in order to keep you from wasting your money. The turn around time is not like shopping at Wal-Mart but then, this is semi-custom stuff made to a high degree of quality and workmanship. Its a little pricey but he has to pay his tool and die makers, and have an income for himself.

Paul