PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use or have used GunAuction?

jonp
11-19-2013, 03:21 PM
Has anybody used gunauction?: http://www.gunauction.com/

What has been your experience and if you have has the firearm you have won been close the the NRA rating of poor, good etc..? They have a pair of Evil Roy 357Mag Revolvers that have a good price on them here http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12508599/revolvers-for-sale/cimarron-1873-evil-roy-saas-consecutive-pair-single-action-revolvers-.357-mag

thekidd76
11-19-2013, 03:32 PM
I would venture to guess that you'll be ok with that particular seller. He has over 3000 positive feedbacks, and no negative. He also took extensive pictures of both and you should have a REALLY good idea of what you're getting. All that being said, I would also guess that with 2 days left in the auction and 59 bids so far that you're far from from those will actually sell for at this point.

Bullshop Junior
11-19-2013, 04:09 PM
Gunauction is just the redone auction arms i believe.

bhn22
11-19-2013, 04:29 PM
They are/were Auction Arms. There was some sort of partnership entered a few years ago and somehow the site seemed to decline shortly afterwards. It really used to be a rip-roaring place in its day. I too am comfortable with that particular seller.

jonp
11-19-2013, 05:18 PM
O, I know the price will go up. I was more interested in whether anybody had actually
Bought something on that sight and how it went

Bullshop Junior
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
O, I know the price will go up. I was more interested in whether anybody had actually
Bought something on that sight and how it went

When is eas auction arms we bought a few hundred guns off of them and only had bad deals once or twice.

bhn22
11-19-2013, 07:49 PM
They have a reputation for being more responsive to bidders & sellers than Gunbroker. I often wonder if there are any people at all at Gunbroker. The place is really impersonal.

jonp
11-19-2013, 08:06 PM
They have a reputation for being more responsive to bidders & sellers than Gunbroker. I often wonder if there are any people at all at Gunbroker. The place is really impersonal.

I had a couple of suspect back and forth's with them on a bad deal when I tried to sell some brass to someone and another guy that launched personal attacks against me and tried to get me blackballed by everyone for an honest review that wasn't that bad I thought. I wasn't impressed at their rudeness and cancelled my account. I have not been back except to check what different guns are going for.

olafhardt
11-20-2013, 01:37 AM
That is the only site I use and I have not been hornswaggled yet.

bob208
11-20-2013, 09:51 AM
yes I have bought 4-5 guns from over the years. never had a problem with any of them. one was a pistol for my wife it had to go through a ffl. the rest were black powder guns. also some knives.

jonk
11-20-2013, 10:17 AM
For whatever reason, gunbroker slowly defeated auction arms; which is partly why, I suspect GunAuction was launched as a re-branding. Much less stuff there, generally realizes lower prices, fewer watchers, etc. If you sell there, make sure to list the gun for the minimum you will take for it. But buying through them has never been a problem to me.

kevmc
11-20-2013, 10:21 AM
I've only dealt on GunBroker.com once (no problems), I have dealt with Lock-Stock and Barrel before......No problems, good communication, fast shipping. Seemed fair to me, I'd deal with them again.

357Ruger
11-20-2013, 10:42 AM
Has anybody used gunauction?: http://www.gunauction.com/

What has been your experience and if you have has the firearm you have won been close the the NRA rating of poor, good etc..? They have a pair of Evil Roy 357Mag Revolvers that have a good price on them here http://www.gunauction.com/buy/12508599/revolvers-for-sale/cimarron-1873-evil-roy-saas-consecutive-pair-single-action-revolvers-.357-mag

I've bought from that seller, always went smooth.

jonp
11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Thanks guys. I bought several guns through gunbroker and all was well. Had a couple of problems which happens but is was gunbrokers reaction that turned me off not the deals themselves.