PDA

View Full Version : Great day at the range, despite the rain.

novalty
11-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Couple co-workers wanted to have a fun day shooting some different firearms. Each brought their spouses and one even brought a couple kids. Set up an EZ-Up and we got a couple hours on the steel plates, and even shot a few skeet when the light rain gave up for a little while. Got to introduce a co-worker who had never shot a handgun to both semi-auto's and revolvers. Started her out with my S&W 2206, which she really liked. Then tried out my 5906, which I find most women do not care for due to the double-stack grip size. The 5906 discouraged her, and the recoil made her hesitant to try my 1911--but after 1 clip through my S&W 1911 I was able to make another fan of the 1911. Amazing when you give someone a 1911, and they clear a plate rack easily--how fast the smile appears. The 10 year old boy that came had never shot a .22 before, and did really well with a 10/22, and my 2206. Made me eager start teaching my 6 year old, who hasn't shown he is ready yet.

bikerbeans
11-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a great range trip to me! I love going to my club in the rain, we have covered shooting benches and rarely will another member show up in bad weather.

BB

williamwaco
11-18-2013, 08:09 PM
I love shooting in a slight sprinkling rain.

Something relaxing about it.

gray wolf
11-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Well good on you Sir, Sounds like a very fun day.
The fact that you took time out to help others and give a youngster a chance to shoot speaks highly of you.
For what it's worth I give you a score of 10--10--10--10--10
+ Julie gives you a 10 also, she still speaks of how nice you were when you visited her in the hospital.