PDA

View Full Version : Does your wife do this?

starmac
11-18-2013, 12:11 AM
This evening I needed to heat a part up for a pickup I'm working on. I turned on the oven to preheat and set a pan out for the part. She came down and noticed the pan, and wanted to know what I was planning on doing with HER pan. lol When I ask her what difference it made, she mentioned I sometimes did things that was not exactly good to be doing in the house.

Aren't they suppose to wait until after you do something not to their liking before questioning about it??? lol I mean I could have planned on surprising her with a cake or something. lol

Garyshome
11-18-2013, 12:17 AM
My wife doesn't want me messin' with stuff either. Need to do it when she isn't around!

starmac
11-18-2013, 12:28 AM
My wife doesn't want me messin' with stuff either. Need to do it when she isn't around!

She was watching a football game, so I thought the coast was clear. lol

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 12:36 AM
LOL... Seattle was playing good football....

My wife is the same way, even though I dont mind her sharing MY reloading stuff with hers.... Now she wants all her own stuff.. I guess I need all my own stuff as well.. so we can have double the pots and pans, and twice as much reloading stuff.... and casting stuff.... whatever happened to One flesh???? Us guys should be able to use whatever we want in the kitchen.. Right??? Rise up oh men of faith, against the oppression by our women that capture our hearts..... Stand firm and draw your swords.. Strike Deep, and regain your rights to the kitchen... MUWWWAAAAHHHHHHHHH.....

gmsharps
11-18-2013, 12:38 AM
I have a couple of pans dedicated to projects like that. They are the ones I messed up and had to replace them with much better pans. I have been told I have my pans and not to touch any others. I have been warned.

gmsharps

Harter66
11-18-2013, 12:41 AM
Just for the record ,any man w/the answers to these kind of questions should be writting the billion seller.

Of all the things the X's did that was never 1 of them.

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 12:42 AM
LoL... Nope.. I never listen to my own advice... sharing stuff and not sharing stuff dont really matter much to me, as long as we share the bed.. :P Makes for a warm winter...

:D

starmac
11-18-2013, 12:43 AM
Nah, She went back to the ball game and I heated my part. lol Now yesterday when I mentioned the microwave was broke. I somehow broke it and I was TOLD I would have a new one before thanksgiving. lol

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 12:49 AM
LOL.. So much for that new Lee 4-20 that you needed to get... Now you done it and broke the microwave.... Damm clumsy of you.. Keep your *** outta the kicthen... :P

starmac
11-18-2013, 12:59 AM
NA She said I broke it. lol Turned out it wasn't broke at all. lol The part that was making me mad about it when I thought it was broke, is I just last week found someone to give a nice one that I was tired of looking at. lol The last one I tried to give away was small but new, I only used it a couple of months, finally took it to the dump. lol

P.J.Plinkerton
11-18-2013, 01:01 AM
HAHA, I used to cook as a bachelor but now I'm barely allowed in the kitchen. There's a few pots that are mine since home brewing and deep frying aren't exactly compatible other than that it's all community property (aka hers). Besides, she can filet a fish or dress a deer better than I can.

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 01:02 AM
That always happens.... When my wife looses something, she goes out to buy a new one, and then 10 min later, what she was originally looking for was found..... What can I say... or do... Just pick your battles, be sure that they are winnable and at what cost. the rest.. just smile about and shake your head.. :D

starmac
11-18-2013, 01:22 AM
My wife very seldom says anything about what I do, but quite a few years ago, before either of us had been to vegas, some of the guys I worked with and I decided to go to vegas for the weekend. lol we were all working out of town, so when I called and told her I wasn't coming in, which wasn't unusual but I should have told her I had work to do to the truck. She got furious, completely unlike her. I called back the next day and asked her what the heck was wrong with her, and she said THERE IS NOTHING IN VEGAS BUT GIRLS AND GAMBLING< AND YOU DON"T LIKE TO GAMBLE. lol

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 01:34 AM
Lol... Very bad boy.... I got into trouble recently when I used her measuring cup to mix up some bee's wax and JPW.. If you have ever used beeswax, the stuff just don't come off easily... In trying to clean up after myself, I had to scrub the measuring cup off so hard that the measurements actually came off, ruining it for anything else.... I did buy another bigger and better one, but she wasn't happy about me using it in the first place.... Not very thoughtful of me.....

starmac
11-18-2013, 01:40 AM
LOL My little darling had walked in and was standing behind me when I typed that last post. When I finished She said I didn't say that. I laughed, and said except for the one word (girl) it was word for word, but some words are not allowed on the forum. lol Then she mentioned she was going to vegas in march, and I was invited. lol

Whiterabbit
11-18-2013, 01:53 AM
she can filet a fish or dress a deer better than I can.

uh dang, I can't pick them as well as you can. Your wife is welcome in my house any time. You and I can dig a ditch out back or something to earn our keep.

bandit7.5
11-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Rule #1 do nothing in the kitchen. I have rebuilt a 3speed column shifter in front of the fireplace . But I will take no step into the kitchen. I have all the important priorities in order, and pizzing off the cook is not one of them.

starmac
11-18-2013, 02:14 AM
My wife has helped clean deer, she will cut it up and package it, cook it and eat it.
She is funny about fish though. She loves to catch them, she has cleaned them, and she will cook them, but she won't eat them. lol Except for salmon patties, and tuna fish. lol

Whiterabbit
11-18-2013, 02:19 AM
Rule #1 do nothing in the kitchen. I have rebuilt a 3speed column shifter in front of the fireplace . But I will take no step into the kitchen. I have all the important priorities in order, and pizzing off the cook is not one of them.

I don't piss off the cook in the house either. Hard to piss off myself though.

starmac
11-18-2013, 02:50 AM
I don't piss off the cook in the house either. Hard to piss off myself though.

I don't know, if I had to be the cook, I would likely be pissed off all the time.lol

Whiterabbit
11-18-2013, 03:04 AM
yes, absolutely. Now you know how your wife feels. And?

:)

Blacksmith
11-18-2013, 03:06 AM
This evening I needed to heat a part up for a pickup I'm working on. I turned on the oven to preheat and set a pan out for the part. She came down and noticed the pan, and wanted to know what I was planning on doing with HER pan. lol When I ask her what difference it made, she mentioned I sometimes did things that was not exactly good to be doing in the house.

Aren't they suppose to wait until after you do something not to their liking before questioning about it??? lol I mean I could have planned on surprising her with a cake or something. lol

Go buy yourself your own pan, make certain it is the best quality, and tell her it is YOUR pan.

buckwheatpaul
11-18-2013, 08:19 AM
I have figured out: 1. What is her's is her's 2) What is your's is her's as well. All kidding aside...my wife is very particular about what I do in the kitchen if it doesn's deal with preparing food. I hate to admit it but my bride is generally right.

fishhawk
11-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Wife did not let me cook in the kitchen so I said OK but when I'm hungry you better well get in there and make me some thing to eat NOW, well now as long as it's not more than a one pot job I can cook.

Artful
11-18-2013, 08:33 AM
NA She said I broke it. lol Turned out it wasn't broke at all. lol The part that was making me mad about it when I thought it was broke, is I just last week found someone to give a nice one that I was tired of looking at. lol The last one I tried to give away was small but new, I only used it a couple of months, finally took it to the dump. lol

Why didn't you give to charity instead of the dump - heck give to repair place for parts instead of the landfill.

imashooter2
11-18-2013, 08:41 AM

Most will... but after 37 years mine knows I'm not to be trusted. :)

shaper
11-18-2013, 09:12 AM
I fixed that problem, I picked up a used oven for free and put it in my shop.

mold maker
11-18-2013, 09:54 AM
I bought new HD cookie pans to lube in, and they suddenly became hers. I bought more and etched my name on the bottoms so I wouldn't get in trouble. My daughter now has them, (same name) because hers were old and warped.
Guess I'll have to make do with the old warped ones to lube with. Funny how I bought $22. worth of new HD pans, and wind up with the old rejects.
I do like cookies though.

contender1
11-18-2013, 10:41 AM
My wonder better half is a gun girl, and has her own stuff. She's not the tinkerer I am, and she lets me do her "work." Reloading, casting etc.
I was cleaning a muzzleloader (rifle) for a friend yesterday, and she said; "Why doesn't PJ use his own dishwasher for it?"
Seems we've had a "discussion" about the use of a dishwasher for cleaning the stainless Ruger Old Army's I have.
For the record, I KNEW better than to ever use the dishwasher for such stuff. I know where my line is.
When I replied I was cleaning a rifle & it wouldn't fit in a dishwasher, she just said; "Oh."
THEN she proceeded to remind me about hos I'd have to buy a new dishwasher if I ever used her's for guns.
Ya gotta know where to draw the line guys!

375RUGER
11-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a scene from my house. SWMBO has a preventive measures sense that prevents me from getting hit in head with a skillet BEFORE I do something to the cookware to deserve it.

tunnug
11-18-2013, 12:51 PM
What a bunch of WIMPS!!!!!..........around here I always have the LAST WORD and it's always..............."Yes, Dear"..:wink:

Wayne Smith
11-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Made two pumpkin pies this AM. Also cast over 200 boolits (.40 and .45) and loaded 100 rds. 40 S&W. LOML likes what I do in the kitchen. She has put the measuring cups in the dishwasher and washed off all the measures. I use these to melt lube, make lube in the microwave. She is a geologist, so she knows a lot about metals too. As long as it doesn't get into the microwave she doesn't mind. No, the lead stays out in the garage! So does cleaning the brass.

AlaskanGuy
11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I am sure that she has "pulled Rank" on you a few times there LTC... She must be a Full Bird...lol

Leslie Sapp
11-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I got in deep trouble a while back when I "borrowed" a stainless steel slotted spoon to skim dross when smelting.:-)
Explaining that it was best not to put it back in the kitchen drawer as it was now contaminated with lead did not seem to help the situation, either.....

starmac
11-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Why didn't you give to charity instead of the dump - heck give to repair place for parts instead of the landfill.

Our dumps are actually transfer sites, and have a covered area to put things people can use. It doesn't get trashed, but somebody that can use it can pick it up.

MT Gianni
11-18-2013, 09:15 PM
I have my own lube pans and trays as well as a bench top elec oven in the shop. 35 + years of being married to a great cook hass also taught me what battles to fight.

paul h
11-18-2013, 09:22 PM
I know well enough to keep projects out of the cooking area. I get in enough trouble stinking up the house from working on projects in the garage. Note to self, really need a house with a large detached shop.

Generally the only reason I get in trouble in the kitchen is leaving a mess in the sink after cooking, or if I attempt to help her cook. I just don't understand why if something isn't being attended to I should be forbidden from stirring it. She's destroyed a fair bit of cookware from incinerating various items over the years.

A heat gun or propane torch seem to cover most of the items I need to heat up in the garage. I suppose I should add a toaster oven one of these days.

starmac
11-18-2013, 11:08 PM
Most will... but after 37 years mine knows I'm not to be trusted. :)

He He 37 years for me two, I think you just might be on to something. lol

Springfield0612
11-20-2013, 12:18 PM
I headed my wife off at the pass in the begining. I told her the key to a successful relationship, is to not ask a question if you don't want to hear the answer. So now when she sees me with that look in my eye that I have a devious plan in motion she just looks the other way and keeps on walking.
It also helps that when I'm not deployed I do most of the cooking as that is my job.