PDA

View Full Version : Remington Optics

Bradley
11-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Anyone know what one of these would cost?

http://shoot2020.com/product-overview

Roosters
11-17-2013, 03:10 PM
From this Remington site

http://www.remington.com/pages/news-and-resources/press-releases/2013/Corporate/IntroducingRemington2020.aspx

"The System

Each system comes with:

A Hand-Selected Rifle - (Currently offered in three configurations)
– Remington Model 700TM Long-Range chambered in 30-06 SPRG

– Remington Model 700TM SPS Tactical AAC® -SDTM with Threaded Muzzle chambered in 308 Win

– Bushmaster® Varminter chambered in 223 Remington

Mounted Remington 2020 Digital Optic System, zeroed and loaded with ballistic profiles for three paired ammunition types – a target round, a traditional hunting round and a Barnes™ Vor-tx® TSX round.
Wheeled Hard Case with Custom-Fitted Foam Insert
A specially-packed 300-rd case of ammunition - 100 rounds of each of the three profiled ammunition types for that system

Suggested Retail Price - $5,499.99 – 5,574.99

The benefits of the Remington 2020 go beyond improved shot placement and the consolidation of gear currently required to perform ballistic calculations. The true benefit lies in the confidence, and enhanced capabilities that this technology provides to the user. All of which encourages a more ethical hunt."

Love Life
11-17-2013, 03:15 PM
For that money I'd rather buy a S&B, Premier, Nightforce, Steiner, Zeiss, or Swarovski and learn how to use it correctly.

Just saying.

Technology is finally to the point where I expect these scopes to become more common, and come down in price over time. Burris as their eliminator line, and that company in Texas has their fancy electronic scope/ rifle package.

The idea behind these scopes is great. You get a laser rangefinder, ballistic calculator, and glass all in one package. However, I personally hate the system. To me it smacks of laziness and will encourage the hunters who can afford them to take crappy shots. It doesn't dope wind and take other environmental factors into consideration. Kind of makes me more scared to hit the hills during hunting season.

Tis doesn't encourage more ethical shots or hunting. It allows people to buy ability instead of building it.

btroj
11-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Looks like something the LRP or tacticool crowd would love.

Why not get a rifle and scope, develop a load, and learn to shoot?

The rifle doesn't hold itself. It doesn't properly pull the trigger and follow thru. It isn't going o make a lousy shooter better.

Love Life
11-17-2013, 03:26 PM
From what I'm reading, the LRP/Tacticool crowd is not that keen on it either. Only time will tell.

Roosters
11-17-2013, 03:39 PM
Fear not lovelife. It takes this into account

With the XactSystem, shooters can tag, track, and exactly hit an aim point. Using a shot process called Tag Track Xact (TTX), the PGF automatically adjusts for many factors, including:

Range
Temperature
Barometric pressure
Spin drift
Wind input
Cant
Inclination

TracingPoint's ExactSystem has a $27,500.00 price tag...

I could be wrong but, without reading it again. You pull the trigger keep the crosshairs on the target the the scope decides when to fire the rifle..

fouronesix
11-17-2013, 03:53 PM
or... how to turn a sleek, practical sporter into a tactical bulky mongrel clunker
or... how to turn a bulky tactical clunker into a bulkier, clunkier tactical somthin? :)

Love Life
11-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Yep. If these come down in price and hit the mainstream, I am definitely staying out of the woods/hills/deserts during hunting season. I don't hunt the edibles anymore, but even then I wear as much orange as possible when I go hiking and roaming during deer season.

I can see it now...

btroj
11-17-2013, 04:10 PM
But at least the shot the gets you will be a kill shot?

We needed a way to let people with more money than brains to take longer shots than they should. No need to ever practice at the range, the gun and scope will do it all.

Love Life
11-17-2013, 04:16 PM
It better be a kill shot....

btroj
11-17-2013, 04:54 PM
It better be a kill shot....

Exactly

jonp
11-17-2013, 05:19 PM
This allows nothing more than target practice on live game. If people learn how to use a rifle and the woodcraft necessary to actualy hunt they would take far greater satisfaction out of the entire practice. These types of platforms rank up there with "hunts" in high fenced areas. I am far less than impressed and would not hesitate to let some numbnuts bragging on his 800yrd shot on an animal. I could hit something at that range with a mortor. What does that prove?
Besides, my scope does not require batteries

gray wolf
11-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Well I guess I will stay with my Mill radiant reticule ( Mill Dot )
And yes I know how to use it.
Size of the target X 27.8 Divided by the # of Mills. Need to know your scopes Come up,s
Always zeroed at 100 Yards as a point of reference. May be a tad slow, but hey so am I.
Or know your point of aim zero for the size of your target.
Lets face it the average dude ain't going to hit past 100 yards, As he gets a little better he may extend the kill zone to 200, with A lot of practice perhaps 300 After that it takes dedication to make repeated shots over 300 yards. That is to put the cross hairs on a target and know unless it's an act of God you ain't going to miss.
Cause you got lucky once don't make you a long range shooter. It's the wind that beats most shooters.
Not saying the new equipment is not good, Just saying the shooter needs to be made of the right stuff.

dondiego
11-18-2013, 02:39 PM
You guys use scopes?

Roosters
11-19-2013, 09:50 AM
You guys use scopes?

I liked that....... :drinks:

Shiloh
11-19-2013, 10:33 AM
For that money I'd rather buy a S&B, Premier, Nightforce, Steiner, Zeiss, or Swarovski and learn how to use it correctly.

Just saying.

+1

Shiloh

jonp
11-19-2013, 10:35 AM
You guys use scopes?

^^nice

Harter66
11-19-2013, 07:59 PM
That's sad , I've a 1 off custom wildcat rifle (likely never to be reproduced) and have ,including milage to the gunsmith ,$1800 less than that in it. Seems to me that the human factor is what its all about. However,of late I seem to be wrong a lot more often.