PDA

View Full Version : Notice to hunters

cbrick
11-16-2013, 10:07 PM
This is a clip from a San Francisco newspaper. Just think, these people are allowed to vote.

Rick

chambers
11-16-2013, 10:32 PM
Well I'm glad no animals were harmed, now I can sleep better at night. Not sure what brand of cool aid they are handing out there. My elk sure does taste good!

starmac
11-16-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't know what brand that Koolaid is, but I know for a fact it is sold on a national scale.

00buck
11-16-2013, 11:42 PM
If God didnt want us to eat deer...He wouldnt have made them out of meat! :D

btroj
11-16-2013, 11:45 PM
This is a clip from a San Francisco newspaper. Just think, these people are allowed to vote.

Rick

My mother spent years working at an educational farm. She often got nasty calls about the lies they told kids. Everyone knows milk comes from the grocery store, not a cow.

Gibbs44
11-16-2013, 11:55 PM
No animals were harmed in the making of my fried chicken, wait what?

It, to me, is insane not to know at least a little something about what you're stuffing in your face. Soylent Green anybody?

Sully

Bzcraig
11-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Soylent Green anybody? LMAO

I'd bet good money the author of the opinion would eat soylent green if you told em no animals harmed making it!

Three44s
11-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Folks like that are a waste of good skin and oxygen!!

Three 44s

leeggen
11-17-2013, 12:21 AM
Some days people just make you want to stay home not work the farm. Wonder what they would say if they saw me butcher goats, guess I would have to tell them the groc. Store delivered them to me with the skin on.
CD

WallyM3
11-17-2013, 12:22 AM
Everybody knows that cheese comes from the Gub'amint, right?

shdwlkr
11-17-2013, 01:02 AM
I have been in the store quite a few times listening to the mom tell the children that the meat comes from the back of the store and no animals were harmed. Once another old guy and I commented that it was strange that today meat doesn't come from the muscles of dead animals the mother gave quite a nasty looking meaning she did know but didn't want the kids to know and you wonder where stupid comes from.

I think that kids should go to a slaughter house and see what really goes on to get the meat they so enjoy to stuff in their face.

canyon-ghost
11-17-2013, 01:06 AM
And the beef they made your hamburger from came from a steer that died peacefully in his sleep? Really?

shdwlkr
11-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Are you sure it was a steer and not an old diary cow that was culled from the herd? Or an unruly bull that thought he was tuff?

starmac
11-17-2013, 01:17 AM
I have a cousin that owns a pet store. He worked in the oilpatch for years and got a wild hair and bought a pet store. lol The first couple of years he owned it, he would cater parties, birthdays and such. He would take a variety of baby animals for the kids to see and even play with. one kid ask him what he did with the bunnies when they grew up.

He told the kid he wrapped them with a tortilla and ate them. lol The boys mother (who had hired him) freaked out on him, and called the police and tried to get him arrested for telling her son something like that. lol

GaryN
11-17-2013, 01:20 AM
Hahahaha, Reminds me of a girl who owned a leather shop. She didn't think it was right to hunt animals. Then she was asked where she thought her reindeer hides came from. Do you think they died of old age? Hahahah, Morons

waksupi
11-17-2013, 01:44 AM
When I was still tanning, I would tell people all of my hides came from a government culling operation. Only smart people knew that meant hunting season!

starmac
11-17-2013, 01:49 AM
I was in a sportsware store in Smithers Lake BC and they had a bear hide. A gal told the store owner that she sure hoped that bear died of natural causes. He said it sure did, then added it got in dads garden and just naturally died. I about busted a gut. lol

RED333
11-17-2013, 08:15 AM
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

cbrick
11-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I think that kids should go to a slaughter house and see what really goes on to get the meat they so enjoy to stuff in their face.

They used to but today an education is not politically correct and we use the much more effective indoctrination method. In grade school we took a field trip to a chicken slaughter house, I remember it very well. As a kid I knew where meat came from of course but the scale it was done on and the methods amazed me.

Not only are folks like that allowed to vote they are encouraged to. It's both sad and scary that that level of mental incompetence is not uncommon.

Rick

bhn22
11-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Time to escape from LA...

Charlie Two Tracks
11-17-2013, 11:34 AM
The problems of not knowing where meat and other food comes from will only increase with time. Here in the midwest, most of the farms are just grain farms now. The old silos and feed lots are empty. Most of the cattle and hogs are raised on confinement setups. You rarely see an animal anymore.

bretNorCal
11-17-2013, 11:46 AM

I would rather that not happen so that the ranchers in my area do not see a financial loss.

cbrick
11-17-2013, 12:00 PM
Your probably right Bret, it would be far, far better to raise kids in complete and total ignorance.

Rick

shdwlkr
11-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Bret have you talked to them lately? I really don't know a rancher that is making money so fast they don't know what to do with it

You guys have missed something and that is this all prepping for Common Core Education the truth is what you make up and keep telling over and over until it is the truth.

Have you watched President for the last few years? If you like your Insurance policy you can keep it under O'Care only catch is very few if any old policies meet the requirements of O'care so there you go tell a lie long enough and folks will believe it

Echo
11-17-2013, 02:32 PM
I was in a sportsware store in Smithers Lake BC and they had a bear hide. A gal told the store owner that she sure hoped that bear died of natural causes. He said it sure did, then added it got in dads garden and just naturally died. I about busted a gut. lol
That is FUNNY!

uscra112
11-18-2013, 01:02 PM
My SIL just got a T-shirt that says:

"If God meant us to be vegetarians, He would have made broccoli more fun to shoot".

I'm gonna harvest my Brussels sprouts with a .22 next year.

Ed Barrett
11-18-2013, 01:33 PM
That these people don't die of terminal stupidity has always bothered me.

Gibbs44
11-18-2013, 09:51 PM
That these people don't die of terminal stupidity has always bothered me.

Human cockroaches, you can't kill'em. I missed the part with the nuclear holocaust, but they are certainly headed towards "TOTAL WORLD DOMEENATION".

SP5315
11-19-2013, 03:00 AM
Every now and then I get a nasty remark about the bumper sticker that's on my truck, "I love animals, they're delicious"

captaint
11-19-2013, 08:11 AM
I think it was Mao who said - if you tell the lie big enough and often enough, people will, sooner or later, believe it.
Mike

rattletrap1970
11-19-2013, 08:22 AM
I really gotta figure that article was posted from someone being sarcastic.

smokeywolf
11-19-2013, 08:59 AM
When I was a about 9 years old, the big school field trip of the year was to a dairy, to see where our milk came from. Never worked in a slaughter house, but my earliest recollections as a toddler include watching my father dress out deer that he had shot; never spoiled my appetite for venison.

Reality is not always pleasant, but the hippocracy of telling your kids that animals don't provide us with meat and then setting a plate of chicken, pork, beef or whatever in front of your child and telling them to enjoy and eat up; that's just sick. It bears repeating, SICK!

Figures that that would be in a San Francisco paper. Another shining example of Kalifornia's koolaid sipping morons.

I can't wait to get out of here.

smokeywolf

oneokie
11-19-2013, 09:53 AM
I think it was Mao who said - if you tell the lie big enough and often enough, people will, sooner or later, believe it.
Mike

That was Adolph Hitler and Joseph Goebbels. "The Big Lie" Look it up with your favorite search engine.

sparky45
11-19-2013, 10:17 AM

You'd think so, wouldn't you. However,

M Hicks
11-19-2013, 02:18 PM
So...you fine people are telling me the meat I get at the grocery store isn't planted, nurtured and harvested in the back room? What shall I do with myself?

cbrick
11-19-2013, 02:44 PM

Perhaps the average liberal on the east coast is a bit above those on the left coast but I worked for 34 years in Hollywood and I can attest to the fact that this level of mentality is not even uncommon much less rare. Makes it highly believable to me but I suppose anything is possible.

Rick

Springfield0612
11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Insert non-PC comment about San Francisco and what kind of meat they like, here----> [smilie=1:

Now seriously, growing up in one of the countries biggest aggriculture communities in northeastern Colorado, I witnessed many farmers and ranchers who closed down their opperations due to the governement. Now this didn't happen in a negative way. The governement acctually pays them more money to not farm and ranch than they could make by acctually working their crops and animals. It takes about a year, you see the farm stop operations, no animals, no crops, all the farm equpiment disappears, then you see the old farm house gets leveled, a new 3,000-4,000 sqaure foot multi-level multi-car garge huge shop, boat, atv's the whole lot.
This also happens when corporate farming moves in and takes over. I grew up on a turkey farm that was started by two high school friends who were members for the 4H and FFA. They had a dream and started with one small turkey shed and about 300 birds a year, in 10 years they had 14 farms and were one of the largest private operations in the mid-west. My dad got yearly bonuses, great medical/dental, awesome vacation. It was a sweet deal for a guy with a young family who got out of the Marines as a scout sniper. He always joked, "Talk about a tough job market, how can I transfer THOSE skills into the private sector?" All was good. Then CONAGRA moved in and bought out the farms. My dad went from having established benefits, retirement, and vacation, then everything got rolled back like he just started working there at minimum wage and had to work back up the scale to earn the benefits back. CONAGRA performed mass lay offs, and if you didn't like the wage and benefits cuts you could hit the road. But he stuck with it, worked his way back up, never saw another yearly bonus, and finally at 19 and a half years 6 months shy from being eligible for full retirment benfits, CONAGRA fired him for some BS and 1 year later liquidated all the farms closing them down and laying off thousands of workers again.
I've always taught my kids where their meet and food comes from, and if it comes from us harvesting it, its 100 times better than bought from the shelf. If I'm cleaning fish, crab, game, anything my 6 y/o son and 4 y/o daughter are standing right there learning and helping. I've taught them and my city wife (now converted to country wife) to be thankful for the food that we harvest from nature. Those animals gave their lives so we could have life giving protien.
I still remember my first time killing and cleaning an animal. It was a pheasant, that I shot with my single shot 12ga. I still remember the warm blood from that bird on the cold December day running through my fingers as I cleaned it and am still tankful for the food it gave me and my family and the legacy that bird cemented in me and the need to pass that onto the next generation.

Here's to my 100th post!!!

Harter66
11-19-2013, 06:42 PM
I wore the shirt to threads that said ''there's a place for all Gods creatures, on the table next to the mashed potatoes and gravy'' .

I saw that several years ago,its not really funny any more.......

Springfield,
funny you would talk about that 1st hunt. It really took me back to that Falcon 410 single shot and those 1st 6 dove.
I've ate some kind of game my whole life,there were several seasons that w/o the game it would have been pretty hungry out for my kids. 2 of my grandaughters will grow up the same way. I mean w/game on the table not tule root salad ,coot soup,and jack rabbit tacos. The girls went along on some early season duck hunts they're still too little for deer camp unless it happen in Grumpas back yard over Christmas.

pmer
11-19-2013, 08:14 PM
I wonder if Pintrest would allow a nice photo spread of a steer from calf to dinner plate?

TreeKiller
11-20-2013, 12:11 AM

And people wonder how Feinstein and Boxer get reelected?

TheGrimReaper
11-20-2013, 10:03 AM
Oh my God!!! That is too funny. I bet that person voted for Obummer-TWICE!!!

WallyM3
11-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Maybe four times.