PDA

View Full Version : New member intro and hunting trip

MT Gianni
11-14-2007, 10:37 AM
Moulton, registered here with no posts is my Nephew. He came out and we hunted last week as well as did some shooting and reloading. He brought his Rem 270 and a Ruger 357. he put in to late to get an A or buck tag but bought an over the counter B anterless tag. He tagged out on his first deer Sat., a button buck that should eat good. My brother moved to Santa Rosa, Ca in the late 70's and gave up hunting when he did, so the nephew has done it on his own. He is 18 and currently attending a Jr College with an interest in law enforcement. It did take a couple of days to realize that they would not stand still for him and that deer sense movement faster than an automated light switch. Pics forthcoming. Gianni

Shuz
11-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Congrats on teaching your nephew the "right way"

moulton
11-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I see my reputation preceedes me :Fire:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b22/moulton/IMG_0540.jpg

454PB
11-15-2007, 01:45 AM
Welcome, moulton! Even if MTGianni is your genetic uncle, we are all a big family here!

Scrounger
11-15-2007, 02:08 AM
Moulton?? If Carpetman and Waksupi find out what that means, watch your six, man....

testhop
11-15-2007, 09:04 AM
welcome Moulton you will enjoy it here
your unc can sure show you the ropes
but did he tell you the rules about the youngest having to clean all the game all the guns
drag all the game this is to make sure thay get someone newer in fast

MT Gianni
11-15-2007, 10:34 AM
welcome Moulton you will enjoy it here
your unc can sure show you the ropes
but did he tell you the rules about the youngest having to clean all the game all the guns
drag all the game this is to make sure thay get someone newer in fast

This kid is tough to keep out of the reloading room and does not yet understand the concept of beneficial fouling. He wants to clean everything he shoots no whether it is just getting the barrel conditioned to the lube or fouled. In short he is a keeper. Gianni