PDA

View Full Version : My friend and neighbor

Gibbs44
11-16-2013, 02:25 AM
Folks I come to you tonight to ask for your prayers for my neighbor. He is an Iraqi War Veteran, he sustained some deep brain injuries at the hands of the enemy and suffers from PTSD and seizures. He was honorably discharged due to his medical condition. This all happened years before I met him.

I just recently met David when his wife and care taker of almost two years, married after he was discharged mind you, left him. She was claiming care takers fatigue, which I guess is real enough, I wouldn't know. She said he needed to be more independent. At first she would come back to check on him every day, but recently her space between visits has been getting longer and longer. She's been staying with a "horse" or some excuse like that, I have to mention, that this whole thing is pretty twisted. At any rate, through one thing or another, she's been stringing this whole thing along. I'll not go in to details, I don't know if the site has enough storage on the server.

Anyway, his wife/caretaker for all intents and purposes seems to have just abandoned him, no money as she controls the account, no car as he cannot drive due to the seizures, and presumably no friends as the whole year they had lived here, she did not allow him out of the house. That changed when she left. Tonight, he had a rather large seizure, and several small ones. He was taken to the emergency room, but I picked him up and he is home now. Through out all of this, she was called and texted by my other neighbor, my wife and myself, from not only our phones, but his as well. His caretaker was not present when he felt the seizure coming on, he made it to my other neighbors house whom he met for the first time tonight, who just happens to be a care taker herself who deals with a gentleman that has seizures. This was no coincidence.

I ask that you pray for his health, and his heart. It has become apparent that she is done with him, and that this is more than fatigue. I believe that he still loves her.

Thanks,

Sully

Ramar
11-16-2013, 03:17 AM
My prayers are there.

I believe social services should be called upon; they can help. If not available in your county a relocation might be best.
Ramar

Bad Water Bill
11-16-2013, 05:26 AM
Also call in the local V A.

This vet needs all of the help he can get and right now.

tunnug
11-16-2013, 06:16 AM
If she's still controlling the money even after being gone maybe a call to your local vulnerable adult protection services is in order, they usually take care of helping older folk who are being scamed/stolen from but will help/look into any adult that can't help himself.
Prayers sent.

missionary5155
11-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Good morning
Will be praying for his physical, spiritual and economic help.
Mike in Peru

square butte
11-16-2013, 06:46 AM
Prayers that all his needs be met by the one who can meet them

CastingFool
11-16-2013, 07:20 AM
Praying for him right now!

wch
11-16-2013, 10:30 AM
if she's still controlling the money even after being gone maybe a call to your local vulnerable adult protection services is in order, they usually take care of helping older folk who are being scamed/stolen from but will help/look into any adult that can't help himself.
Prayers sent.

do it now!

Gibbs44
11-16-2013, 03:03 PM
All of that came out last night in the ambulance, and the VA has been contacted. I believe that since his responsible party was not there the hospital is obligated to report it to the proper authorities. One of his friends that he's not been allowed to contact who is a paralegal, is also now up to speed. Pretty much we are going to keep quite about it too her until we get everyone on board. I'm not looking to get him moved, or taken away, I'm just looking to take her out. It's come to far now for us to stop, we will see this thing through to the end. As far as the controlling the money thing goes, he got ticked enough that he called the bank on his own to open a new account and then called the VA to have his checks to start to be deposited there. He's no dummy, just disabled.

Thanks for the prayers.

jmort
11-16-2013, 03:09 PM
Praying for him. May you be Blessed for helping him in this time of need. Thank you for being there for him.

Bad Water Bill
11-16-2013, 03:35 PM
You might also look into a device called"MEDICAL ALERT".

Years ago a senior friend purchased one and it did save her life. She put it on and talked to them from each room in her house, even from the tub and pottie.

When she had her heart attack they notified the police just where in the house they would find her.

Gibbs44
11-16-2013, 07:14 PM
You might also look into a device called"MEDICAL ALERT".

Years ago a senior friend purchased one and it did save her life. She put it on and talked to them from each room in her house, even from the tub and pottie.

When she had her heart attack they notified the police just where in the house they would find her.

This is a good idea. I'll have to look into that for him. Thanks.

Gibbs44
11-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Well guys, my neighbor had another set of seizures last night. His wife/caretaker was not there again. I met up with him at the hospital around 11:00 last night, they released him around 5:00 this morning. At any rate, through several avenues, things are starting to move, we hope. Please keep praying for him, and his situation to improve.

Wayne Smith
11-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Prayers continuing. Have him look into biofeedback if he hasn't. My brother learned some control of his seizures through that years ago.

alleyoop
11-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Also look into service dogs, they have dogs that can detect seizure activity before it starts and warn the person to lie down or stop an activity.

flounderman
11-20-2013, 09:10 AM
this might be too simple, but does he have a cell phone and keep it with him at all times. He can have help on speed dial.

w5pv
11-20-2013, 09:56 AM
Prayers for our disabled hero,God bless him and see him through this bump in the road.

Gibbs44
11-20-2013, 07:35 PM
He's got the service dog and the phone. I'll check in to the biofeedback. Thanks for the continued prayers guys.

Gibbs44
01-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Well folks I thought I'd better give an update on my neighbor. As it turns out his wife is still gone. He did take the finances back from her after she failed to live up to a promise of moving back in. This promise was made in front of his VA admin. He decided that it was time for him to get the heck out of Dodge, and is moving back to Oregon to be with family. He just fired his wife from her caretaker duties, and has since she doesn't live there, she gets no money from the husband.

Anyhow he's stressed to the limit with the move and everything else that has gone on with her. I'd appreciate it if you all could pray for him to have a safe journey, and a good start to a new life away from her.

Bad Water Bill
01-20-2014, 10:40 PM
Be nice if he can get a court order preventing her from ANY contact with him.

Gibbs44
01-21-2014, 09:16 PM
He's looking a divorce lawyer when he gets there, so he's done.

BSalty
01-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Prayers for David on his new life. May He watch over and protect him.

Gibbs44
02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Update on David. He made the trip cross country. He and his service dig did great. He seems to be doing well, from talking to him. Gonna miss him, but we'll keep in touch. Thanks for all the prayers and advice.

Ramar
02-02-2014, 07:22 AM
I like good news; hoping for the best!
Ramar