PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Range

500MAG
11-13-2013, 03:21 PM
Guys at work are making a big deal about a gun range by the name of Nexus. Any of you know anything about it? Do they allow reloaded ammo?

Bad Water Bill
11-13-2013, 05:30 PM
From someone I know it is very nice.

But go here and see for yourself.

https://www.facebook.com/NexusShooting

I would check it out but 1,500 miles is a little to far at this time.:bigsmyl2:

2wheelDuke
11-14-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm not sure if they allow reloads. I hear that your brass winds up falling thru a grate and into a gutter.

They're supposed to have an interactive self healing video screen, but it wasn't online the last I heard.

It's not far from me, but I haven't been there.

MtGun44
11-14-2013, 03:25 AM
Are there ranges that don't allow reloads??? Never heard of such a thing.

Why would they do that? Why would anyone go to such a stupid, fascist place?

Bill

captaint
11-14-2013, 07:54 AM
I certainly wouldn't.
Mike

dragon813gt
11-14-2013, 08:55 AM
Are there ranges that don't allow reloads??? Never heard of such a thing.

Why would they do that? Why would anyone go to such a stupid, fascist place?

Bill

There are a lot of indoor ranges that don't allow "your" reloads. They say it's for liability reasons. But in all reality it's so you buy "their" reloads. I know of two indoor ranges where you have to buy the ammo from them. Even factory boxed ammo is not allowed there. They are located in densely populated areas with no other ranges remotely close so they get away with it.

The gutters and grates are a real problem for me. If you bring in your own ammo the range is stealing from you. I get not being able to pick up brass in front of the firing line. But not giving you the chance to collect your brass from the floor is straight up theft. I've even heard stories of one range where they expect you to throw all revolver brass on the floor so they can collect it. Now that didn't happen to me so I can't speak to its validity. But it would not surprise me w/ the reputation that range has.

novalty
11-14-2013, 09:17 AM
There is an indoor range about 10 minutes from my work, never gone to it as you have to get your reloads "approved" by them--not sure that means. Someone told me they run a magnet over them, which sounds stupid, because if you have FMJ it should be pretty damn obvious. Plus like other's mentioned, you cannot pick up your own brass.

MtGun44
11-14-2013, 03:18 PM
I could understand rifle ammo with the possibility of getting some AP and punching thru
or at least damaging metal backstops, but handgun ammo should be no issue at all.

Sounds like a way to make more money off of you. Nice folks.
Would not get my business if I had ANY other choice. Fortunately I can shoot in my
back yard, and I have a nice rifle/pistol outdoor and indoor ranges nearby, too.

Bill

rattletrap1970
11-14-2013, 03:44 PM
Any range I go to:
1. I enter with my own ammo.
2. I leave with my brass.

Any problem with that? I don't go.
Very Simple.

500MAG
11-14-2013, 07:16 PM
That's why I was asking. I refuse to patronize any range that won't allow me to shoot my own reloads and collect my own brass and taking some of theirs is a bonus. I'm going to give them a call and find out. Someone wants me to meet them there this weekend and that's why I was curious.

Bad Water Bill
11-14-2013, 09:09 PM
You might want to contact this member.

cigartoyz

Read his review from 8 16 as posted here

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210131-Great-Gun-Range

eljefe
11-14-2013, 10:30 PM
"I refuse to patronize any range that won't allow me to shoot my own reloads and collect my own brass and taking some of theirs is a bonus"

Since I run an indoor range, I have to chime in. Do you think it is okay
to take brass that isn't yours? I sell brass, so I guess if you take it from
me, you would be taking my money...in other words, stealing from me.

500MAG
11-15-2013, 06:48 AM
"I refuse to patronize any range that won't allow me to shoot my own reloads and collect my own brass and taking some of theirs is a bonus"

Just because it hits the floor it's yours? I normally ask people, that are not taking their own brass, if I can have it. Once it's in the range bucket I do not touch it.

rattletrap1970
11-15-2013, 07:06 AM
If you have a sign that says only take your own brass.. Fine. But to tell me I can't have my OWN back? Any range like that can Pi$s off.

2wheelDuke
11-15-2013, 11:13 AM
This discussion is exactly why I rarely shoot at the Bass Pro Shops indoor range, even though it's closest to my house. I can understand range rules and the reasons for them. I got chewed out for picking up my own brass. That's my brass. That's enough reason to never go back.

But they also don't allow reloads. I can understand their reasoning. The really insulting part about that is that they sell reloading equipment and materials downstairs. So they're happy to sell you reloading stuff, but they won't let you use the resulting handloads at their own range. That's the biggest deal breaker of all.

eljefe
11-15-2013, 02:18 PM
To clarify, my range does not have any rules that you cannot
take your brass. But, to take "some of theirs" is stealing, plain
and simple. You may as well put your hand in the till.

500MAG
11-15-2013, 04:18 PM
To clarify, my range does not have any rules that you cannot
take your brass. But, to take "some of theirs" is stealing, plain
and simple. You may as well put your hand in the till.
How is that stealing from you? Did you buy the brass? Do you give a discount to the patron if they leave brass? When you sell ammo do you take a deposit for the brass and give it back to the patron? When I walk into a range and the People working there have not cleared the floor, where I'm suppose to stand and shoot, and expect me to sweep it aside, That is the only time I will take it. If you consider that stealing then I would gladly spend my money at another range. The range I normally go to required shooters to sweep up their brass and if they don't take it they have to put it in a range bucket. They don't mind you asking someone else if you can take their brass but once it hits the bucket it belongs to the range and I agree with that.

archmaker
11-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Here is my .02 I am going to pick up my brass before I leave, most times when I do so I may not get all my brass and other times I will (sometimes I get 40S&W as I am picking up my 9mm). I don't set out to do so it just happens. If you run a range and think the brass is valuable, then pay for it. If you are expecting people to come in, shoot, leave behind their brass to help defry the cost then let them know that is what you expect, and if they don't want to leave behind their brass, then charge them more. I agree with 500MAG, if it is in the bin I don't touch it, if it is on the ground around my feet and is mine then I am going to pick it up. If the shooter next to me says I can have the brass then I am going to pick it up.

Let me ask this question, what is the difference between leaving behind brass and leaving behind a gun, are you going to say that it was abandon and belong to the range?

eljefe
11-15-2013, 06:20 PM
"Let me ask this question, what is the difference between leaving behind brass and leaving behind a gun, are you going to say that it was abandon and belong to the range?"

Not really a valid comparison...although I did have someone leave a gun one time.
Of course, he was very happy to receive it back when I gave it to him.

The vast majority of shooters do not care about brass...it is trash to them.
Of course, we don't give a discount to shooters who leave their trash behind.

The only reason I posted is because someone above said that they were going
to take something of value that did not belong to him.

What do you call that? I consider it stealing. I have reloaders
come in and purchase brass all the time. If one of my customers
decides to help himself to items I sell, you better believe I will put
a stop to it. The brass that other customers leave behind DOES
belong to me.

500MAG
11-15-2013, 07:17 PM
"Let me ask this question, what is the difference between leaving behind brass and leaving behind a gun, are you going to say that it was abandon and belong to the range?"

Not really a valid comparison...although I did have someone leave a gun one time.
Of course, he was very happy to receive it back when I gave it to him.

The vast majority of shooters do not care about brass...it is trash to them.
Of course, we don't give a discount to shooters who leave their trash behind.

The only reason I posted is because someone above said that they were going
to take something of value that did not belong to him.

What do you call that? I consider it stealing. I have reloaders
come in and purchase brass all the time. If one of my customers
decides to help himself to items I sell, you better believe I will put
a stop to it. The brass that other customers leave behind DOES
belong to me.
I agree that the brass people leave behind is yours but if your one that just leaves brass all over the floor,and expects people to pick theirs up around without ending up taking some, your ridiculous. If I ask the guy next to me if I can have his brass that's between me and him and is none of the range owners business.

dragon813gt
11-15-2013, 07:17 PM
The brass that other customers leave behind DOES belong to me.

So is that a clearly posted policy? Because I will give you examples of the outdoor ranges I belong to. It's clearly stated in the rules to police your brass. If it's left behind anyone is allowed to pick it up. And these ranges are private property just like your indoor range.

I agree w/ you that it's stealing if the policy that any brass on the floor is property of the range. And I hope you sweep up after every shooter because your property could cause bodily injury if someone slips and falls on it. Assumption of risk will probably hold up in court but you will still be going to court. If it's not posted then it's not stealing because there is no official policy. And w/ the vast majority of ranges allowing anyone to pick up brass on the ground you can't blame people for assuming they're allowed to pick it up.

I'm positive I'm like most and just want to know the rules up front. And they need to be posted for everyone to see.

Freightman
11-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Haven't seen a usable piece of brass at the range in a long time [smilie=b:

TXGunNut
11-17-2013, 12:34 AM
Private range I belong to has loading benches behind the rifle firing line. They have some funny rules but none of them ban reloads and we're required to police our own brass.