PDA

View Full Version : cast my first bullets today

skykingjohn
11-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Well I was going to only to cast my stick on wheel weights into ingots but i just had to try out my new molds . I made more good than bad but it was close . think i can do better next time but already to get a melting pot now

:lol::lol:87123

iron mule
11-10-2013, 05:22 PM
hey welcome
looks like you have caught the bug
they will get better the more experience you get
main thing is take your time and don't get frustrated
i have been casting for years and couple week ago i cast up about 20 lbs of 308s wasn't paying attention to what i should have been and most went back in the pot
mule

Cherokee
11-10-2013, 07:19 PM
Good show !! Nothing like casting your own. Keep it up and the results will get better wirth experience.

williamwaco
11-10-2013, 07:26 PM
That is a great bullet. One of my favorites.

bedbugbilly
11-10-2013, 10:02 PM
casting is like wine . . . it just gets better with time! Looks like you ran a good bunch of 'em. Pretty soon it will be second nature for you . . . I've cast round ball and minie balls for 50 years but just recently got in to reloading . . . I'm loving the casting of these boolits for these "new fangled cartridge guns". I THOUGHT I was getting in to the casting of boolits and reloading out of necessity of having to do so 'cause of the high ammo prices. Nobody told me this was a HOBBY! :-) It looks like you are having fun and doing well! Sort of puts a big smile on your face doesn't it, when you look down and see all those boolits you've made . . . in fact I don't know which is more fun . . . making 'em or shooting 'em! Enjoy and thanks for sharing the nice photo!

35 shooter
11-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Congratulations! They look good and sounds like you enjoyed it. Welcome to a great site, this is definitely the place to learn and get better!:D

captaint
11-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Pretty sure my first boolits looked worse than yours. Yours actually look pretty decent to me. And, as others have said - they will get better. Another life destroyed. Mike

skykingjohn
11-11-2013, 12:17 PM
i do not know about worse i did not show the rejects they were real bad

Wayne Smith
11-11-2013, 04:51 PM
More than likely, if you were casting out of your melting pot making ingots you did not pre-heat your mold? Did you even clean it? Lots of wrinkles result from cold and/or dirty molds!