PDA

View Full Version : My brother must be better

waksupi
11-10-2013, 02:05 AM
A few weeks ago, I asked for prayers for my brother Steve (board member elawolf). He is apparently doing good, as I know darned well he has orders to not be doing anything for another three weeks. Anyway, he went out and got this buck this morning, with a cross bow. If you notice his right hand, he doesn't have enough fingers to shoot a regular bow anymore, and I know he absolutely hates the klutzy cross bow. Hangs up in EVERYTHING! Any way, my younger nephew helped him do the tracking, and recovery. Steve held the Iowa state record for six years on bucks. Although this one may not sneak into the record book, and it isn't going to take top honors for him, that is kind of what he has set himself for a goal.

smokeywolf
11-10-2013, 02:17 AM
That is a beautiful buck! Hooray for brother Steve. I'm absolutely thrilled that he's up & around and out & about. I can think of worse disabilities than missing a couple of fingers. Although he should heed the doctors orders, I can't think of a better way to maintain a positive attitude than getting back out and doing what you love best.

Again, great news Ric,

smokeywolf

starmac
11-10-2013, 02:20 AM
For sure he is doing better than the dear, and a nice one at that.

300savage
11-10-2013, 05:37 AM
glad to see it.

RED333
11-10-2013, 07:50 AM
Ya got to respect a man that loves hunting more than what the Doc tells him.

RugerFan
11-10-2013, 08:58 AM
That's a dandy buck! Nice that your brother is up and about.

RoyEllis
11-10-2013, 12:53 PM
.... If you notice his right hand, he doesn't have enough fingers to shoot a regular bow anymore....

I see a thumb, and if he doesn't mind wheels on his bow then he can shoot regular bows. I don't know the specific brand of the release but a cousin has thumb & pinky finger only on rt hand and uses a release that straps around his wrist, thumb triggered. If your brother would be interested I'll find out specifics on Dave's release for you.
Congratulations to him on a fine buck, any archery kill is an earned one.

richhodg66
11-11-2013, 07:26 AM
That's an awesome buck and an inspiring story. Congratulations to your brother.

Wayne Smith
11-11-2013, 09:55 AM
Good to hear. We do tend to be stubborn, don't we? It probably prolongs our lives.

Pb2au
11-11-2013, 03:58 PM
Glad to hear he is doing well. That is a dandy buck!
Tell him to behave himself, he needs to be around as long as possible. Brothers are a precious thing. My oldest brother left this mortal coil in '08 at the age of 40. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't feel his absence. If your brother is anything like mine, he is a stubborn cuss. Smack him about the ears until he behaves!

waksupi
11-11-2013, 04:09 PM
Stubborn, he is!

Idaho Mule
11-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Looks like he's healing quite nicely. Very good buck too. A good hunt is always good for the soul. JW

waksupi
11-11-2013, 10:01 PM
I see a thumb, and if he doesn't mind wheels on his bow then he can shoot regular bows. I don't know the specific brand of the release but a cousin has thumb & pinky finger only on rt hand and uses a release that straps around his wrist, thumb triggered. If your brother would be interested I'll find out specifics on Dave's release for you.
Congratulations to him on a fine buck, any archery kill is an earned one.

I gave him a compound and release some years ago. I seem to recall he didn't like the release, even with all his fingers!

alrighty
11-11-2013, 10:17 PM
That is a fine buck and a fine trophy for anyone.Congratulations and best wishes for your brothers continued healing.