PDA

View Full Version : Ever Have One of Those Days.....

TXGunNut
11-04-2013, 02:13 AM
When a difficult repair fixes the immediate problem, AND minimizes a secondary one?
When you show up on the rifle range and you have it to yourself...until your buddy shows up?
When most of your loads, rifle and scope worked BETTER than you expected?
When a new 30-30 with a dot scope became one of the stars of your CB hunting rifle stable?
When your shooting buddy shows up with some of his gunsmithing projects that date back to 1897 and 1907...and they peform flawlessy... shooting YOUR boolits?
Then, after a nice visit, you slip off to Cabela's and score two pounds of your new favorite (IMR4895) powder?
And then, you sit down with the RD/Lee mould that makes one of your favorite boolits, and you drop almost 500 boolits before supper (with an oddly low cull rate!), often dropping good boolits on the second pour?

Kinda mind blowing! If this post is here when I wake up....I'll go size & heat treat those boolits. :D

btroj
11-04-2013, 08:43 AM
No, sadly I dont

**oneshot**
11-04-2013, 09:10 AM
I had your ANTI-day yesterday, But I do have your kind of days now and again.

300savage
11-04-2013, 09:25 AM
found out that the more i pray the more of those days i have

Bret4207
11-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Hmmmmmm.............nope........no, I've thought about it and I can't say anything like that has ever happened to me.

southpaw
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
I hope you bought a lottery ticket....

Jerry Jr.

gray wolf
11-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Could you be kind enough to give us directions to the planet you live on ?
Seriously speaking, we all have good day's here and there, some have more here and some have more there.
Glad you had a good one

1Shirt
11-04-2013, 11:50 AM
They are few and far between for me, but do happen rarely on occaision. However on the flip side of the issue, if everything worked out peachy keen every day, it would probably get old!
1Shirt!

popper
11-04-2013, 12:38 PM
I needed that 4895! Glad you had a better day than mine.

TXGunNut
11-04-2013, 09:31 PM
Obviously those days are few and far between for me, clearly didn't know how to act. Guess all I can do is be thankful and cherish the memory because it's liable to be awhile before all those stars line up again.
Think I'll go size & heat treat those boolits, need a little distraction therapy after today.

facetious
11-05-2013, 05:53 AM
Any more a good day is one where any thing that happens isn't my fault, I don't have to fix it and I don't get the bill for it.

300savage
11-05-2013, 06:58 AM
gun nut i got a feelin i am going to have one of those days today !!

10x
11-13-2013, 09:14 AM
When a difficult repair fixes the immediate problem, AND minimizes a secondary one?
When you show up on the rifle range and you have it to yourself...until your buddy shows up?
When most of your loads, rifle and scope worked BETTER than you expected?
When a new 30-30 with a dot scope became one of the stars of your CB hunting rifle stable?
When your shooting buddy shows up with some of his gunsmithing projects that date back to 1897 and 1907...and they peform flawlessy... shooting YOUR boolits?
Then, after a nice visit, you slip off to Cabela's and score two pounds of your new favorite (IMR4895) powder?
And then, you sit down with the RD/Lee mould that makes one of your favorite boolits, and you drop almost 500 boolits before supper (with an oddly low cull rate!), often dropping good boolits on the second pour?

Kinda mind blowing! If this post is here when I wake up....I'll go size & heat treat those boolits. :D

Gee wouldn't it be nice. The nearest Cabela's is over 5 hours drive away, the next biggest store is a 5 hour round trip - and they will not have what I need in stock. If I call there the staff has no idea of what the product Is that I am asking for.
The LGS can order most anything but it can be a six week to two year wait.
That I have 9 days left to hunt and about 20 days of work to do in those 9 days.
That my grandson's 7th birthday is 3 days away and he is two days drive away and his parents are breaking up.
Count your blessings and appreciate the good days - just remember every day on the right side of the dirt is a good day...

MaryB
11-14-2013, 02:40 AM
Those kinds of days meant the next week was going to be hell...

jeepyj
11-14-2013, 07:26 AM
Congratulations, I'll bet that one would have a hard time to to find you havering a off day. It seems like your the kind to keep a pretty positive attitude by the way your post is written.
Jeepyj

10x
11-14-2013, 09:47 AM
Congratulations, I'll bet that one would have a hard time to to find you havering a off day. It seems like your the kind to keep a pretty positive attitude by the way your post is written.
Jeepyj

I have a lot of off days, but seldom get a day off....

TXGunNut
11-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Yes, Jeepy. I've always felt that attitude was very important but that day was just exceptional. I've truly been blessed but I've certainly had my share of setbacks over the last several months to help me realize how special days like that are. My shooting buddy needed a good day as well, he'd lost his mom the week before. Her death was a relief to all but he was glad to escape the family pressures for awhile.

abqcaster
11-14-2013, 12:18 PM
I hope you bought a lottery ticket....

Jerry Jr.

+1

I, myself have had a couple of days like that, and they also, often involve my li'l buddy. I once sat there with pride as I watched her count to 50 as we filled a box of .40S&W. It was the first time she counted that high 'cause she was having fun and not thinking about it. She was 5yo and now she's 6yo. These days she helps me make PBGCs she minds the containers of strips and discs and hands them to me as I need them. If she's there, its a good day.

CastingFool
11-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Can't recall having many of those days, but I do recall outshooting a couple of buddies using their guns, and one was during a match, too! One of the team members had bought a S&W 41, my pistol had a malfunction, caused by yours truly, and he told me I could use his 41, as we could shoot in different heats. I can't remember my score but it was a lot better than his, and he was the one to point it out!

TXGunNut
02-17-2014, 02:12 AM
Had another one of those days today, truly feeling blessed again. Project 35 Whelen concluded with a good hunting load and all required data, 32 WS likes the same powder charge (16 grs 2400) as my thutty-thutty (no surprise!), 375 Big Bore Winchester nails it with a good CB load on it's first range trip in over 25 years AND my recently acquired Navy Arms SAA replica in 32-30 shoots lights-out and is quite pleasant to boot! All in one range trip with an old friend and his son. :-) On the way home (sortof) I picked up the 1892 in 32-20 that's been tugging at my sleeve for several months now, feels good adopting a 112 year old orphan.
On a sadder note I buried a friend yesterday but I learned he loved to sing and was loved by many, just wish he'd been able to stick around for a few more years. They had recordings of a few of his church solos at the funeral, one was especially touching. His pastor said he rushed willingly to his Savior's arms when the time came and I believe him. Many folks are going to miss him but my faith is stronger because I knew him.
Yes, it was truly one of those days. Just wish everyone could have a couple of days like I've had this weekend.