PDA

View Full Version : Fun day, kid ran a stop sign in front of me

MaryB
11-04-2013, 01:39 AM
I was coming back into town after a grocery run. Doing 40mph and about 70 feet from an intersection when an 18 year old kid does a slow and go in front of me in a 4wd dodge pickup. Slammed on the brakes and tried to get it turned parallel with him but didn't make it. Pretty sure car will be totaled after the insurance inspection. More damage than the pictures show, think the entire drivers side has scrapes, drivers door is really stiff, passenger door won't open at all. Funny thing is it started and was drivable the 4 blocks I needed to get home. Radiator is intact. Shifts hard and the steering doesn't track quite right either. hole front frame is pushed over 2-3 inches to the right.

Typical pain from the seatbelts and my head hurts where I bounced it off the drivers door frame. See how I feel in the morning as to the need to go see the docs.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/maryalanab/2013-11-03_17-22-11_398_zps261e6fbd.jpg

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd248/maryalanab/2013-11-03_17-21-55_444_zps3c737f05.jpg

Probably more damage but I was in a tad bit of pain after slamming into his truck and wasn't in the mood to stand there taking pics . :p

koehn,jim
11-04-2013, 01:55 AM
It looks totaled but the important thing is if you are ok.

HeavyMetal
11-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Ya take a good hard inspection in the AM!

Many times ya hurt more the next morning than ya thought,LOL!

Important that you address even the smallest percieved injury here, it could turn way worse in a few months and ya needs it documented ASAP.

That said hope your feeling alright and this settles out fast, hate being without a ride!

MaryB
11-04-2013, 02:22 AM
Tomorrow his insurance gets a call, I need a loaner car until they settle. And I am sure I will have to take them to court, my car was a 2005 and they are going to try to palm off a high mileage replacement price. Mine had 76k miles is all.

Bullshop Junior
11-04-2013, 02:32 AM
I totaled a car when I was 18 (2 years ago). Some drunk woman hit my 2000 honda civic (car litteraly had 12,000 miles on if that at the time) with a newer big jeep. I was going about 30 since the roads were horrible (it was the day before thanksgiving. I few days ago it had rained and then dropped to 30 below). They were going about 70. Hit the front passanger side front fender of my car, sent me slidding around into the curb, where my car took air did a fill flip in the air, landed on its wheels and bounced into the ditch. Worst pain i had from the whole deal was when i unbuckled, and opened the door and the airbag slammed into my face.

Car was still drivable, but was in the ditch and stuck. When the tow truck driver pulled me out he hooked a chain on the strut and ripped the front end off the car.

Other lady didnt have insurance or drivers licence.

Didnt get anything from them

Didnt get anything from the tow truck company for destroying my front end and transmission.

Didnt get anything from honda for the airbags since it was recalled before i got the car but the dealer didnt fix it before i bought it.

So I now have a big truck. Little cars take too much damage. It cost me over 2000 in parts to fix that car and i did all the work myself.

MaryB
11-04-2013, 03:21 AM
I am looking at a Ranger 4wd pickup as a replacement. With my spine getting worse getting in and out of something at ground level is getting harder.

Bullshop Junior
11-04-2013, 03:22 AM
What year and engine in the ranger? The 4.0 is the only good engine in those small trucks. The 3.0 has problems. The 4 banger does ok, but has a little trouble in deep mud, or pulling a heavy trailer.

MaryB
11-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Looking mid 2000 year with the V6

Bullshop Junior
11-04-2013, 03:37 AM
04 is the one i think my sister in law has. Good little truck. I am personally a GMC man. Some of The little GMC trucks actually have a inline 5cyl engine in them and it is quite a good little truck. They get the fuel mileage of the 4cyl and the and pull of the v6 with better torque.

thehouseproduct
11-04-2013, 07:59 AM
My 5 cyl pooped on me. It drove me to Ford. I have a new Ecoboost F150 and I could never go back. Love my truck.

wch
11-04-2013, 08:08 AM
I have an '07 4.0, 4wd Ranger- better than good.

southpaw
11-04-2013, 08:40 AM
BS Jr. I feel your pain. I was down in virginia visiting a friend and had someone make a left hand turn right into the left front of my car. Long story short, he did not have any insurance, cop never checked and I have been down their 3 or 4 times to take him to court. I have the judgement against him but I still need to go back to take him to court again to find out his banking and/or work info. Gotta love the system. I am out the car ~$5,000 and another $5-600 in expences going down there. This happened about 6 years ago.

MaryB glad things didn't go any worse. The car can be replaced and noone got hurt (atleast not too bad). Things could have gone alot worse.

I don't like how the cars make me feel vulnerable. I now drive an F250 and an F350. Fuel mileage isn't all that great but I feel safe.

Jerry Jr.

pmer
11-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I was rear ended last April and my 3/4 ton diesel was totaled. I don't mind saying it was a little tough to get back in traffic in the weeks after my wreck. My suggestion would be to get checked out by a doctor and then find a good chiropractor. I can still get a spasm in my neck. I didn't like the pain killers and muscle relaxers.

I hope you feel better soon.

shooterg
11-04-2013, 09:20 AM
ALWAYS go to the doc and get checked out after an accident. You probably ain't the kind to sue over a few days of being sore, but the other guy's insurance agent doesn't know that. My wife's new Neon was totaled from the rear with her Mom,Dad and sister in the car. All 3 of them required some treatment and were compensated. My wife(who already has a degenerative disc thing going) did not get checked out - we had a H of a time getting anywhere close to true replacement value for the car. She was extra sore for a couple weeks. If she'da got checked out and even threatened an injury claim, bet we'da got paid what the car was worth in no time.

Firebricker
11-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Glad you feeling ok but go to the doc as others stated sometimes an injury takes a while to set in. Hope it all works out for you. FB

Mumblypeg
11-04-2013, 11:35 AM
Get checked out by a Dr. (I haven't been to one in years so I'm not just blowing smoke.) The reason I say this is because we(cops) worked a wreck one day and it wasn't a bad one and the guy refused to be checked out buy EMS. He went home and died from internal injuries. I knew this guy..... He thought he was fine..... so be safe , you just never know....

Charley
11-04-2013, 12:01 PM
At least he was in a vehicle. Several years back, I was returning from a bird shoot, dropped of a buddy, and headed home, at 10:00 PM. Traveling on a four lane street, intersects with another four lane street, both with turn lanes. I had a green light. Four kids on unlighted, non street legal bicycles run the red light on their side, and cross the street in front of me. I hit two, one just minorly, the other I knocked 60 feet. He didn't die, lucky for him, just a broken leg and major road rash. Of course, Momma sued us...she had to admit during the deposition that she had a conviction for welfare fraud, and there were some other "things" she didn't want to come out. My insurance company gave them two grand to go away and hump somebody else's leg. Would have cost more than that to go to court.

Just Duke
11-04-2013, 12:12 PM
I'm glad your OK Mary. I also had no idea you were a member here.

popper
11-04-2013, 12:35 PM
MaryB - go to the Doc, not the Chiro. Got rear ended by 10 tons of truck, while at a red light ~ 7 yrs ago. Cost me $7k to get the 4runner replaced. Minor concussion & whip lash. Neck still bothers me sometimes. Police & doc reports are the ONLY way to get any compensation or $$ help. You DON'T have to sign off completely no matter what the insurance co. wants you to do. Make a good paper trail. BadOderCare isn't going to solve your problems.

starmac
11-04-2013, 03:08 PM
non street legal bicycles

Pray tell what the devil is the difference in a non street legal bike and a street legal one???

Mk42gunner
11-04-2013, 03:52 PM
I am looking at a Ranger 4wd pickup as a replacement. With my spine getting worse getting in and out of something at ground level is getting harder.

My back and I agree with you that climbing into a pickup is easier than lowering yourself into a car. The more upright seating position helps a lot too.

Don't discount getting a full size truck, without at least a test drive. I drove Rangers and Explorers for a lot of years, and now a full size can almost match the gas mileage (at least in 4wd versions) while being a lot more comfortable.

I also agree with going to a doctor, best to get the small aches and pains documented before they become routine.

Robert

Bullshop Junior
11-04-2013, 03:58 PM
My back and I agree with you that climbing into a pickup is easier than lowering yourself into a car. The more upright seating position helps a lot too.

Don't discount getting a full size truck, without at least a test drive. I drove Rangers and Explorers for a lot of years, and now a full size can almost match the gas mileage (at least in 4wd versions) while being a lot more comfortable.

I also agree with going to a doctor, best to get the small aches and pains documented before they become routine.

Robert

I will true what he said about the fuel milagr. My 01 Sierra with the 5.3 gets about 22-23 if i keep my foot out of the gas.

Charley
11-04-2013, 09:38 PM

Pray tell what the devil is the difference in a non street legal bike and a street legal one???

In Texas, no lights (night operation) and no reflectors.

MaryB
11-05-2013, 01:33 AM
Police report states that I have neck pain and a headache from hell and that I would see the doc later. Just trying to get a ride there at the moment is rough. Everyone is trying to finish harvest/fall field work. will see if I can get in tomorrow at the clinic. I also documented the neck pain with my insurance company and his today doing a telephone statement as to what happened.

His insurance company tries to screw me and I will have a lawyer 15 minutes later lol, I won't take **** from insurance company penny pinching desk jockeys. I started pricing new parts from Chevy today(dealer cost) rapidly passed $4k. Also found 2 cars same year/model as mine with close to the same mileage and they were both listed at $5k+ so I am not taking KBB price on the car. I will go to small claims.

rondog
11-05-2013, 05:27 AM
I think you need one of those shark lawyers that tear people at fault to pieces.

Hickory
11-05-2013, 07:34 AM
One of the most death defying things I do every year in the summer is ride my motorcycle.
This past summer I came close to getting killed.

I was going down a secondary highway, and i noticed that the car behind me was weaving back&forth from the centerline to the ditch and back again. I figured the person was drunk or talking on a cell phone.
I sped up to 80 mph to put some distance between us, when I got enough distance I pulled into a drive. When the road weaver went by, I waited a minute or so and continued on my way.
About 7-8 miles down the road, the weaver and another car were intertwined in the ditch. Beings I had an appointment I don't stop.
The price I may have to pay for a few miles-per-gallon, might be my life.

MaryB
11-06-2013, 01:10 AM
I sent a lawyer an email today, see where it goes. Chewed his insurance company a new one today and they finally set me up with a rental car on their dime. Will try to get into the docs tomorrow, headache is not improving and neither is the neck pain/stiffness. And now my lower back has started to complain in a new way with pain into my hips in back. Ribs are hurting today too. Some interesting bruises popping up too.

Love Life
11-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Take pictures of the bruises and stuff and make sure a datestamp is on the pictures.

blackthorn
11-06-2013, 11:49 AM
The advice to document is spot on! All too often the key to winning an arguement hinges on visible proof. So document everything (with dates), pictures (with date) as suggested, and photocopies of ALL corespondence relating to the claim are going to be your friend. This is SO important that I would suggest you have two copies of everything in case one copy gets lost. Good luck to you and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

shdwlkr
11-06-2013, 12:34 PM
Around the end of May of this year a young man was in too much of hurry to give me the right of way and hit my 2010 jetta TDI just behind the drivers side wheel well. totaled the car. Left me with mobility issues, wrist that may never be as good as before and so far all I have gotten is my medical bills paid by my insurance company and yes they paid off the loan on my car.

I have another jetta TDI because to take that kind of impact and I can sort of walk away from it that is my kind of small vehicle.

Oh and my air bags never opened either.

MaryB
11-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Emailed the lawyer a chronicle of what has happened to date. Got the rental this afternoon but to late to get to the docs so tomorrow for that. Got a Hyundai Sonnata, what a piece of ****! Steering wanders and has a stiff dead spot before it responds to corrections. Headache is intense tonight, really light sensitive that was made worse by 8 inches of snow on the ground and a sunny day.

That little Aveo was tough but I suspect the uni-body is bent and I will not want it fixed. They are never the same plus it is just a spot for rust in MN.

Bullshop Junior
11-07-2013, 03:41 AM
I tend to disagree with reconstruct never being the same. Every car i have ever had up until the gmc i have now has been a reconstruct either when i bought it, or when i sold it. If you do it right they are fine. I have done a food number of them and every single one you couldnt even tell it was ever wrecked.

HeavyMetal
11-07-2013, 11:21 AM
MaryB
who did you get the rental from?

Most companies don't want the experieince you have spread around take it back and make them fix it or replace it with a better car.

Enterprise has really been good to me and I have used them exclusively for rental two or three times a year to go vist family.

3 or 4 years ago I picked up a Mini van and didn't get around the block with it before the noise from the tires drove me nuts, with the windows up!

Took it right back, thier Tech drove it and he said he'd havwe to speak to the service guy about having his hearing checked the van should never have been rental ready making that kind of noise, because they wouldn't have tires ready for two days the bumped up into a Cadillac STS for no additional money!

Really nice car, dash spoke 10 languages, drove in Greek for about 20 miles before I could figure out how to get it to speak english again!

Enterprise was, and has been, very good about eaxch rental experience and asked me what I thought of the STS when I returned it.

Nice car I said but I'm not fly enough to drive no Cadillac, we all had a great laugh and this location has been my go to for rentals.

With luck you got an enterprice rental, if not it's time to get mean with the jerks insurance co.

Bullshop JR. I've seen well done body work and not so well done, quality of the repair is greatly dependent upon the person doing it.

Because this is an insurance deal I'd want another car I could shine the harsh light of day on before accepting it.

Wayne Smith
11-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Mary, Heavymetal is right. The rental company lives and dies on the quality of the cars they rent. That is unacceptable, and, since the insurance company is paying let them know that the insurance company will have a full report of how they handle this.

Document everything and keep the records! These kind of cases can run on for years. Don't sign off on anything until you are right and healthy.

Harter66
11-07-2013, 02:22 PM
I ran an 99'Explorer to 236k w/little more than oil changes and fuel. I have a96' F150 and a 99 Ranger now being on ''winter'' fuel now the 300 I6 gets the same 17-19 the 3.0 V-6 in the Ranger gets. the other fuel gets 18-19.5 and 21-24.

My Dad got raked over the coals after a whiplash in a Chevy LUV hit by a Lincoln MK4 . frame to frame no marks scares or bruising and no way to prove it happened to the ins co. My brother in law had a lifted trocked out 1980 Dodge w/$900 in tires alone in 1998 after it was all settled up he broke even because he took the buy back and parted the truck out. The ins paid 1700 on a truck the apraiser submitted 12,000 on as replacement cost. Fortuanly ''the sum of the parts'' totaled up to about 5K for his ''new'' truck. When X2 crashed the Explorer the guy that had already had an accident that night (20 min before)got a new truck outta my insurance because he wasn't cited for running w/o chains w/o his 4x4 working under chains or 4x4 w/snows only. We didn't get a dime for the green card guy that hit the Explorer while it was parked to clear the guy above.

bandit7.5
11-07-2013, 03:18 PM

some cities require by local law that bicycles have lights on the streets

MaryB
11-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Well things just got worse and not my health. His insurance is now claiming no coverage so tomorrow the rental goes back leaving me with no wheels again. Talked with the lawyer today, he is sending out forms to sign and an investigator tomorrow or Monday to locate the kid and the owner of the truck that let him drive it(son of the owner I think). Plans are to sue for whatever I can get at this point including emotional stress, pain, etc. Called my wealthy sister and left a message, I need to borrow a couple grand and get a junker to drive for now. I can always use it as a trade in later or stash it as a backup car/something to haul lumber in(looking at a full size truck).

Docs report is good and bad. CT scan showed no bleeding in the brain but he say I have a severe concussion that could take weeks or months to heal. Over extended ligaments and tendons in the neck too causing pain into my shoulders plus I may have done something to my carpal tunnel surgery in my right wrist.

starmac
11-08-2013, 12:50 AM
My insurance tried to pull that when my daughter got in a very minor fendor bender claiming she wasn't a covered driver. The truth is you can loan your insured vehicle and it is covered, they have the option to cancel you after the fact, but they still insured the vehicle, and are liable for damages. Your insurance should handle this for you.

MaryB
11-08-2013, 01:28 AM
MN law states that whoever you loan your car to you are liable... if they are pulling that I will be filing a complaint with the state insurance board and get their ability to do business in MN restricted.

starmac
11-08-2013, 02:20 AM
Are you saying in Mn the driver is insured , instead of the car?? If so I wish we could do that.

Bullshop Junior
11-08-2013, 02:43 AM
Kind of like SR22 insurance?

Also. Problably a waste of time sueing. If the kid didnt have insurance he isnt gonna have money to pay. Bite it, and just fix the car or buy a new one on your dollor. More then likely the kid learned his lesson and already lost his licence

Alvarez Kelly
11-08-2013, 03:10 AM
MaryB - go to the Doc, not the Chiro. Got rear ended by 10 tons of truck, while at a red light ~ 7 yrs ago. Cost me $7k to get the 4runner replaced. Minor concussion & whip lash. Neck still bothers me sometimes. Police & doc reports are the ONLY way to get any compensation or $$ help. You DON'T have to sign off completely no matter what the insurance co. wants you to do. Make a good paper trail. BadOderCare isn't going to solve your problems.

Kind of like SR22 insurance?

Also. Problably a waste of time sueing. If the kid didnt have insurance he isnt gonna have money to pay. Bite it, and just fix the car or buy a new one on your dollor. More then likely the kid learned his lesson and already lost his licence

The kid may not have anything, but the owner of the car might. It's worth looking into as the owner of the car will most likely be held responsible by the courts. Obviously, every state has its own laws.

HeavyMetal
11-08-2013, 11:33 AM
sounds like dad let the kid use the truck and his insurance is pulling the old no permission gag, kid didn't have permission to use vehicle so owner not responsible.

The hope is the victim goes away because the kid has nothing!

I had that pulled on me in the mid 70's here in Cali. Cured it quick when my response was "if the kid didn't have permission he must have stolen the vehicle"

"Let's call a cop and put him in jail" killed that BS real quick!

If this is the insurance companies claim see the DA's office and scream load and hard until the punk hit's the no tell hotel!

I realize your hurt but your lawyer should be able to get this done over the phone!

Advise on hiring a lawyer:

you don't like him
his kid doesn't like him
his dog doesn't like him
his wife doesn't like him

This is the lawyer you want after this punk and his family

MaryB
11-09-2013, 12:30 AM
Emailed them this morning after the ins guy made the comment that a coverage card does not mean he has coverage. I emailed back that well he had coverage for 2 days then suddenly no coverage so you can talk to my lawyer. Got an email 3 hours later saying that oops yes he is covered(MN law, you let someone drive your car you are liable) and your rental car is good until next friday. Lawyer got copies of everything plus I tracked down that the mother who is the truck owner has a nice 5 acre property 4 miles north of town that would have made a good target in court. My lawyer agrees, we are going for the neck, full on get anything we can from them at this point. Screw with me and payback can be a B****h

starmac
11-09-2013, 01:23 AM
It sounds like it was their insurance company trying to screw you, instead of the actual owners. They pretty much try that pretty much every time. I don't know why they are trying to limit your time with the rental car, the times I have had one I kept the car until we settled on the vehicle only, it actually gives you a little leverage dealing for your price on the vehicle. Medical has always been separate in my case, I haven't kept a car until that was settled.

I did learn a lesson the last time I ever had to deal with a wreck. A friend ran a stop sign and Tboned my car, no injuries, but the caprice and his pickup were both total losses. I didn't push the issue for a rental or anything for 3 weeks. The adjuster had come looked it over the second day. No word from his insurance, so I called and told them I had given them long enough, I now wanted a rental car. They said they would call back in a few minutes, and did with a rediculously low offer, thus starting negotiations.
NM law is they don't have to get you a rental car after negotiations has started, so a guy should get one the very first day, then you can keep it until negotiations have ended and you have a check in your hand.

MaryB
11-09-2013, 01:39 AM
I requested one right away, guy promised I would have one by end of day Monday. No car by 3pm Tuesday so I called back, he was gone so I talked to someone else who immediately setup a rental car. And I am not settling for low ball, not KBB prices either. My car was low mileage(76k miles) for its age and same year similar mileage (within 10k miles more) is selling for $5k. They are rare because of the good gas mileage and dependability. People don't sell them until they are over 120k miles.

Bullshop Junior
11-09-2013, 06:23 AM
Blue book is blue book. Just because someone is asking a bucket load of money doesnt mean the car is worth it. My 05 sierra with the miles and what not booked at 29,000 when i bought it. I paid 12,000 for it from a dealer and would be LUCKY to get 8000 for it if i sold it, would probably get closer to 4500 maybe 5000. I think you are being 100% .....I don't have a nice way to put it so im not saying anything, but in my opinion sueing over a accident is not something that is gonna make people in your town like you. Most people in my town dont even have insurance. We deal with it. Take what the insurance pays you. Take the loss. Get full coverage next time if you are so worried about it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/a3aze5y7.jpg

MaryB
11-10-2013, 12:17 AM
That price is what they have been selling for, not asking. Find a low mileage 2005 Aveo SVM... as far as the lawsuit? His insurance company asked for it by trying to screw me, not once but twice. His family is not known for being good guys, lots of trouble, unpaid bills, theft... and it is his insurance that will take the hit.

HeavyMetal
11-12-2013, 11:00 AM
Looking for the post that tells us your lawyer has the whole family carrying a Clostomy bag, please advise.

hardware
11-12-2013, 03:43 PM
Sorry to be late with this one, (Just got done moving) but having just sold a 2WD sweetheart of a four-cyl '05 ranger (regretfully, not enough of me to move it and my yellow monster wagon), they can haul more than you'd think, especially if you can get a manual transmission equipped model. Pulled a 20 foot rental trailer about 900 miles with it. Also, without a trailer, mine got 30MPG regardless of how hard I shoved my foot into the gas tank.

MaryB
11-13-2013, 12:34 AM
I can't wait for the day when some of you are in this situation. I am not wealthy, I live on SSDI month to month. Lawsuit? Heck yes I need to replace my car with something that has similar mileage, not with a 150k mile junker that blue book price would get me. Recover something for some lost business? Yes I have turned down a couple laser jobs because the people didn't want to wait a couple weeks for my headache to get to the point I can sit and do graphics for a 3-4 hours in a row. Right now I limit computer time to 10 minutes here and there, if I do to much the headache makes your worst hangover seem mild. How messed up is my neck? Won't know until I see the neurosurgeon next week. It is making crunching noises and that is not good. I also might have torn something in my wrist where they did carpal tunnel surgery, have to see the ortho doc if it doesn't improve by the end of the week. Then there are the cracked teeth that have to come out... I came close to spending time in the hospital, if I hadn't managed to turn some I would be there now.

Three44s
11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
I hate ambulance chasing lawyers and folks that make phoney claims ........

But in your case Mary ......... you need to hit the ball to the far corners.

What kind of person will look down on you for getting "whole" on this?

One you could care less what they think!

I say "GET EM"!

You are seriously hurt and they have dinked with you WAY TOO MUCH!

Best of luck and best regards

Three 44s

thehouseproduct
11-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Blue book is blue book. Just because someone is asking a bucket load of money doesnt mean the car is worth it. My 05 sierra with the miles and what not booked at 29,000 when i bought it. I paid 12,000 for it from a dealer and would be LUCKY to get 8000 for it if i sold it, would probably get closer to 4500 maybe 5000. I think you are being 100% .....I don't have a nice way to put it so im not saying anything, but in my opinion sueing over a accident is not something that is gonna make people in your town like you. Most people in my town dont even have insurance. We deal with it. Take what the insurance pays you. Take the loss. Get full coverage next time if you are so worried about it.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/09/a3aze5y7.jpg
Afraid I disagree. Common ethical behavior dictates that when you wrong someone, you make it right. The most common way to do that with car accidents is to carry liability insurance. This guy it his family chose not to carry insurance and unfortunately Mary is using her only recourse to hold them to ethical behavior.

sparky45
11-13-2013, 11:55 AM
I understand your situation Maryb. I had two vehicles totaled out from under me in the span of two days, and both times I was stopped dead still with my foot on the brake. I sustained a subluxation of Cervical Vertebrae. Got a Lawyer after weeks of screwing around with the Insurance Company. I was forced to travel over 400+ miles to see the Ins. Co.'s "specialist" and he determined that I was faking my injuries, even though I had X-Ray proof. Further stalling by the Ins. Co. and negotiating by my Lawyer and a settlement was reached. It wasn't to my liking, but as time went along, so did the Lawyer's fees and I needed a vehicle to make it to work. By all means get the needed medical attention, the insurance will have to pay for that, although, if you are in a no fault state I'm not sure.
Bottom line, Insurance Companies have all the time and Lawyers to stall forever if they want, at least that's what I found to be true.
Good luck with this.

MaryB
11-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Neuro is hard to get an appointment for unless I drive 220 miles round trip. Waiting for a call back from the nurse to see if they can get me in at the satellite clinic only 90 miles round trip away.

MaryB
11-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Won round 1 with his company. They offered $3800 for my car this morning. I said see you in court and hung up. Hour later I got a fair market offer of $5500. Now for round 2 but this one will take awhile, I am still waiting to see the neurosurgeon for my neck and the ortho for my wrist. Both are backed way up and hard to get appointments with.

Three44s
11-15-2013, 08:34 AM
You are probably already doing this ......... but documenting your lost business or work?

They are going to weasle and chissle every cent away from you, so bolstering your case can't hurt.

Best regards

Three 44s

HeavyMetal
11-15-2013, 11:13 AM
Glad to hear they've offered a fair price as compensation for the car!

Sadly your dealing with the same mentality as debt collectors, LOL! The good thing is you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel since the offer is a concession of wrong doing on the part of thier client.

Do not back off! Keep calling your lawyer! This is the only thing they will understand.

I realize it's going to be painfull and frustrating so share that pain with them!

Call constantly if you can and be MEAN!

MaryB
11-15-2013, 09:07 PM
See the lawyer Monday, then my GP for referrals to the other docs. Grabbing messages off the gun boards documenting my posts of a couple week delay minimum on any new mats. Tried to finish up a design today for the last charity auction. Scrapped it three times, 4th is half done and I am stopping for the day. Just can't concentrate on any task with my head exploding randomly.

MaryB
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
Put a $100 deposit down on this

http://www.redwoodautosales.com/Details.cfm/514367770/2004-Ford-F-150-Heritage/Redwood-Falls-MN/

Should have the check for my car early next week. Still fighting bad headaches/light sensitivity/neck pain. Wrist started puffing up so had it checked. Doc thinks tendonitis from it getting jammed backwards(had it on the shifter). Waiting on neck xray results, doc is thinking physical therapy for awhile.

HeavyMetal
11-20-2013, 01:25 AM
Good to see you'll have a decent ride soon, Partial to Silvarado's myself it's just a better smoother ride.

2007 Silvarado V6 is my work ride, have 150K on it right now has always pulled 18.5 MPG no matter city or hwy loaded or not with Air on!

Nonetheless you got a deal and your soon to be mobile which will make the rest of this disaster much easier to deal with.

Keep us posted

starmac
11-20-2013, 03:06 AM
I always had the 5.4 and 4 wheel drive, but would get a steady 16, several of my friends went with the 4.6 and always did better. My son has a 08 chevy, and with the 4.9 or what ever their v8 is. I can't tell much difference as far as riding or driving, but he does get better mileage, in fact the first 100,000 miles it would always get over 20, but lost quite a bit when he moved here at a lower altitude.

Bullshop Junior
11-20-2013, 03:53 AM
I never much cared for ford. My GM has the 5.3 in it and i get around 22 without a load. With a Heavy load i get about 16

MaryB
11-20-2013, 10:03 PM
Every chevy I have owned has puked the engine or transmission on me, soured on them.

Bullshop Junior
11-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Ive never had a bad one. I run the **** out of them. My first one was a 94 with te v6 and 2wd. That thing had 94000 miles on it when i got it, sold it at 210,000 after romping the **** out of it. Jumped it. Raced it. Never changed the oil. Had to pit new tires on it every week, and i still see it driving around. My second one went to 286,000 miles before the tranny lost third and forth gear, an the engine still runs great. No leaks. My cutrent one just rolled 130,000 and the only issue i have had was i had to replace the fuel pump once second day i owned it. Fords, have been nothing but trouble. Dodge ive blown up every single one ive owned

MaryB
11-21-2013, 12:53 AM
late 70's chevy van, trans and engine went at 77k miles and 87k miles, I dumped it in a trade. 1978 Jimmy, I lost count of how many engines and transmissions went in that one, it was out deer camp truck and got the **** beat out of it, 1996 Astro van, ate the valve gaskets twice, around 90k and again at 130k, at 130k the rear crank bearing also went, my 2005 aveo ate the water pump at 66k miles, timing belt was close to breaking too so good thing I had it looked at.

I have owned 3 fords and only reason I traded them was due to 200+k miles...

Bullshop Junior
11-21-2013, 12:57 AM
The 2 fords i had, a 94 and a 2004 were nothing but money pits

HeavyMetal
11-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Nothing wrong with the Fords I've owned, generally I buy a car when I need one not because it's the latest "thing".

Usually own them 10 yrs or more, currently own a 94 Camry, GF's car, and a 99 Contour, work truck as I said is a Silvarado but we have the big F450's Diesel's to haul rental and sales equipment around it.

Our rigs usually get 10 yrs 300,000 on them before we sell them, with one exception we've never had serious issue with any of them.

The truck that left a bad taste in our mouth was a Chevy, a 1999 crew cab rig with the Duramax engine and allison tranny.

This thing was Hot! I could pull our trailer, empty, and smoke the tires with it! Put a 4500 Lbs sweeper on the back and 85 up the Grapevine was no issue, sad I couldn't get the slo-mo's out of the way LOL!

That was the upside! Down side was it had injector issues Chevy could never cure! We'd come in Monday and smell diesel fuel and an injector would have leaked down and filled a cylinder with fuel and locked up the engine.

Thrid time around dealer refused to warranty, fought with Chevy several more times. At 115K a partial leak down we didn't smell allowed a start up and resulted in a bent rod and broken piston.

Chevy, of course, wouldn't own up to the ongoing warranty issue. sold it as a scrapper to a kid with a rear ended 2000 duramax, still hope he had better luck than we did.

MaryB
11-22-2013, 11:56 PM
Every brand has its lemons at times. Still waiting for his insurance to pay me for my car.