PDA

View Full Version : Well poo, My 10y.o. found out the tooth fairy isn't real

possom813
11-03-2013, 03:32 PM
Last night

She was helping me clean up the man-cave/junk room.

Whenever the kids lose a tooth, mom has them put it in an envelope and they decorate the envelope for the tooth fairy.

She's been keeping the envelopes in a small plastic 'file' cabinet in the junk room and I forgot.

My daughter pulled out the drawer they were in to hand to me to go through, and she saw the envelopes her and her sister have decorated over the years.

I tried to play it off, but she's a smart kid and it didn't work. If it would have been one or two envelopes, I could have, but it was about 10

After playing it off didn't work, I asked her if she wanted to know the real truth, and that the tooth fairy might not leave her any more money if she knew the truth.

She said, "What if I guess it, will I still get money"?

So I asked her what she thought it was.

She says, "Mom's the tooth fairy".

All I could do was nod

But a quick recovery, I told her to think of it like this, now you keep your mouth shut about the tooth fairy and when you lose a tooth, think of the dollar as payment to not tell your sister

So all's well, just felt bad for her because she was dang near crying about it at first.

The kid handles the truth a lot better than I did when I found out

Hickory
11-03-2013, 03:40 PM
If she that sharp, she knows about Santa Claus too.
They grow up fast.

w5pv
11-03-2013, 03:45 PM
Santa,Easter Bunny,Tooth Fairy and the Goblins don't last for ever.Hope little Sister gets to go through the I believe and I don't believe years but just in case I want all to believe.

RED333
11-03-2013, 04:24 PM
I am Santa Clause, so are yall, You Have To Have Faith...

runfiverun
11-03-2013, 05:09 PM
better to be in on the moment than missing it when she finds out at school.

Duckiller
11-03-2013, 10:03 PM
I find it difficult to believe that a 10 year old still believes in Santa Claus, Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

HarryT
11-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Mom: Sweetheart, did you see the Tooth Fairy come in your room last night?

Little girl: No but I heard what he said when he bumped his knee on the dresser.

rondog
11-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Whaaaa??? The Tooth Fairy isn't real????

AricTheRed
11-03-2013, 11:11 PM

Obviously one of our more "Junior Members" ;-)

possom813
11-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I find it difficult to believe that a 10 year old still believes in Santa Claus, Easter bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

She still believes in 2 out of 3, and if I have anything to say about it, she'll never stop believing in Santa.

Springfield
11-03-2013, 11:34 PM
My son still kinda believes in the tooth fairy, but I know he believes in Santa very strongly. He said I might as well throw out his desktop computer, because it is way too slow. He said he knows Santa is going to bring him a new laptop for Christmas. I already told him I can't afford it and I will just update his tower, but he said, with confidence,"don't bother, Santa will bring me a laptop"! I remember when I was 7 or 8, and I told my Mom in the car " I know you and Dad are really Santa Claus". My Mom, being ever practical, said "OK, but don't tell you younger brother and sisters and spoil it for them", and I didn't. Don't know why I remember that, maybe because I felt more grown up or maybe just closer to my Mom, but I remember it like it was yesterday. My Mom has been gone 40 years now, since I was 17, and I still miss her sometimes.

starmac
11-04-2013, 02:42 AM

I hear that, I was telling my kids we were having the easter bunny for supper long before that. lol

Sasquatch-1
11-04-2013, 09:08 AM
As the representative of the sasquatch community I can say I have personally met Santa, Bunny and the Toothanator. And you guys may as well forget about that new gun you want for Christmas, Cause Santa said "If you don't believe you don't get."

PS
Make sure you don't let you child watch Darkness Falls.

Boerrancher
11-04-2013, 09:13 AM
In the movie "Grown Ups" Selma Hyack's character is on the phone and her daughter comes up all happy and bouncy making all kinds of racket about her tooth. The mother says,"I'm on an important phone call. Just leave the tooth under your pillow and I will put a dollar there later."

Well the daughter is upset that mommy is really the tooth fairy. My youngest who was six at the time saw the movie. A few months later he lost his first tooth and brought it to his mother and demanded his money. The wife told him what to do with the tooth for the tooth fairy.

He said,"you're the tooth fairy. I saw it on the movie Grown Ups"

It is amazing what kids can pick up on. He is 8 now and still brings us his teeth for his dollar when he loses them.

Best wishes,

Joe

ErikO
11-04-2013, 01:14 PM
My son figured out the tooth fairy about a year ago. He believes in the spirit of Christmas and goes way out of his way to not spoil it for younger kids, having figured out that 'Santa Claus' is the idea of finding the gift that someone needs and wants.

I'm blessed with the best 12 year old I could ask for.

popper
11-04-2013, 04:34 PM
Good one HarryT - they learn in the most un-obvious ways. If you cook and eat the Thanksgiving Turkey, what happens to the E.B.?

foesgth
11-04-2013, 10:15 PM

Don't worry fairies are real. Come on over to California and go to San Francisco you will see many of them.