PDA

View Full Version : Air Rifle Rings.

swamp
11-02-2013, 12:41 AM
I am trying to find a set of 1 inch rings for a 11mm groved rib. It has the lug slot for the rear ring. The rifle is a SxS 45-70. I have a set on it now but they have no lug and they spilt verticaly. Would like to find a better set of rings that fit better. I am in Denver, CO and nothing local.

Made some inqueries of a couple of mail order and couold not get a definite answer if the ring set had a lug on one of the rings.

Any help will be appreciated.

swamp

pipehand
11-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Swamp, I'm looking for the same type of rings for an old style Remington 12 gauge rifled barrel. Found this on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Beeman-5030M-Medium-9-5-11-5mm-Dovetail/dp/B001BQZRN2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_2/178-9219528-4266143
There are a few others, but mostly higher rings, and I wanted the scope to be as low as possible.

kencha
11-02-2013, 07:22 AM
If they are meant to use air rifle scope rings, Pyramyd Air, Airguns of Arizona, Amazon, and others list a variety of scope rings with the arrestor/scope-stop pin.

I see there's an old thread over on 24hourcampfire discussing possibly the same firearm. One post suggests the Beeman's rings that pipehand linked to.

If you're wanting a lug to fill the entire lug slot, rather than just a pin like used in most (all?) springer air rifles, you're probably looking at some custom modification of one ring base. A pretty easy job, I'd think, but probably not necessary.

grizzlyadams
11-02-2013, 07:40 AM
millet makes a set of rings for the baikal rifles, dont remember the part number offhand. another place to look is b-square. they make a one piece base with a horizontal recoil stop. that one would be the model made for the webley patriot.

swamp
11-02-2013, 09:20 AM
The problem with the bases is that the scope sits so high. Like pipehand I would like the scope to sit as low as possible. That is the reason I am looling for rings to mount directly.

Grizz, I will check Millett again. I didn't find anything specific when I looked at them.

Thanks everyone for the info,

swamp

W.R.Buchanan
11-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Check Pyramid Air before you go on a wild goose chase. The only guns you are going to find with a 11MM dovetail are European Air Rifles and Rimfires.

American Rimfires have 3/8" dovetails.

Pyramid has a bunch of different rings and mounts, and they are not nearly as expensive as some of the alternatives. A one piece mount with 1" rings and a 4" clamping surface would probably hold your scope in place on a .45-70 just fine. That gun will have, relatively speaking, and slow push for a Recoil Impulse. This is not hard to overcome. By comparison a hot 300 magnum would have a very sharp violent smack .

I'd try them first .

Randy

grizzlyadams
11-03-2013, 01:38 PM
when i said base. i should have clarified, the rings are built in. it is not higher than a set of regular rings.

grizzlyadams
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
let me look around, i may have a set of millets here for the gun. i used to have two baikal single shots that used them. i sold both guns, but only got around to scoping one of them. i did buy rings for both though

swamp
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
grizz,
If you find them, that would be great. I am planning to make some call on Mon. and see what I can find out.

I have changed my idea that recoil lug is a must have. Mostly want the rings to be split horizontally. The ones I have on now are vertical. Bit of a pain to mount.

Grizz, let me know what you need for the rings. Should be able to work something out.

Thanks all
swamp

ThomD
11-09-2013, 06:42 PM
http://warnescopemounts.com/product/246/

If you need a stop, you can just drill a hole.