PDA

View Full Version : In remembrance of.................. So sad.......

Just Duke
11-01-2013, 03:47 PM
In remembrance of
The days when I could order Varget powder and it was decent price and in stock.
I could order .30 bullets and they were in stock.
The "Back Orders" accepted logo for brass orders haunts me as we speak.
1000 once fired LC 7.62 cases for 50 bucks.

I will though cast and load for my 45-70's 45 Long Colts, 45 ACP's, 44-40 as I have components to last till the cows come home.
I will also entertain purchases of 1886 and 1873 Wincesters/Variants/Replicas, Colt 1875 Old Army 44-40 and 45 Long Colt, Old Model Ruger Vaqueros

The future reloading funds will now be allocated for Jackson Neck Though the body guitars I have been drooling over on my ebay watch list, custom built guitars that I haven't done in 20 years, replica Marshall cabinets, and Replica hot rodded Marshal amps.
This is my protest to the reloading components companies. I'm done with the waiting game.

btroj
11-01-2013, 03:54 PM
I refuse to give up. I find ways to shoot, cast, and enjoy myself. Powder is where you find it. Jacketed bullets? Who needs em?

This will pass, I will be here when it does. In the meantime, I have plenty to last for a while.

jmort
11-01-2013, 04:04 PM
I am patient when it comes to all of this. Place my order and someday "the box" will arrive. The older I get, the more patient I get. At least you have another interest to take up some of your $$$/time.

Love Life
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM
I pony up the cheese to buy the things to shoot.

Just Duke
11-01-2013, 05:07 PM
I pony up the cheese to buy the things to shoot.
Add three more shooters in the house. I have to pony up that cheese. lol

btroj
11-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Then sell some rifles or guitars to free up the money.

There are always ways to find money to shoot. Just have to make choices.

shooter93
11-01-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm like jmortimer....I've been able to backorder most everything and at decent prices. I keep enough around to keep shooting something and the stuff always shows up sooner or later.

762 shooter
11-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Sorry to hear of your unacceptable Component predicament.

I fixed my current problem 1 year ago in 2012.

I fixed my 2012 problem in 2008.

You must fix your future problems now.

Got what I need and not by luck or waiting on back orders.

Plenty of ........

Just Duke
11-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Sorry to hear of your unacceptable Component predicament.

I fixed my current problem 1 year ago in 2012.

I fixed my 2012 problem in 2008.

You must fix your future problems now.

Got what I need and not by luck or waiting on back orders.

Plenty of ........

I thought I did but now we have two more additional shooters in our family.

btroj
11-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Then they can wait. They can provide for themselves.

Patience is a virtue. The shortages will end. Already seeing an improvement in on hands in local stores.

You can wait it out and better prepare for the future or give up and quit. I know what I would do.

ErikO
11-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I've opened up a training company to get to the range more. ;)

My money will be used on those 'special deals' that Instructors get from some manufacturers to make up for those lost years living in IL, not realizing that firearms are both fun and 'worth the hassle'.

FISH4BUGS
11-04-2013, 03:30 PM
As a machine gun shooter, I always bought components in lots of 5,000. When the current president was elected, I started listening to the little voice in my head and buying components in lots of 10-25,000. I started shooting full auto less and casting more. Collected lead for years until the shortage hit. Easily a ton in the barn and basement.
What shortage?
My stash is in my will to my kids.

Down South
11-04-2013, 05:16 PM
I haven't been keeping up either. I figured components were coming back but I don't need anything so I haven't been looking. I did see Varget on the shelf at a place I frequent along with about anything else I would need at decent prices. It's a small hole in the wall reloading shop. This guy has contacts somewhere. His shelves are always stocked well.

HNSB
11-04-2013, 05:42 PM
I guess I am lucky.
I live in the sticks, there is only one place local to buy powder or components. Just stopped the other day, here's what's on the shelves:

smokeywolf
11-04-2013, 06:07 PM
I do love to learn from other's experiences.

Duke has just shown me that perhaps I shouldn't be looking at building sufficient stores for just my family, but that plus 50%.

Wish the pics above were of my supplies.

smokeywolf

shdwlkr
11-07-2013, 09:38 PM
Duke
I keep looking at my LGS's for what I want and sometimes I get lucky and yes sometimes I pay a premium price but I have what I am looking for.
I have a long list of what I need and want and some day I will finish the list and can throw it away.
I just found some brass for .338wm, 25-35,and 22 hornet. prices were up some from over a year ago but now I have so I am happy.
Powder I am still looking for and only by 8 pound jugs, when I can find ammo I only buy 5-10,000 now if I have the money if not I figure out away to have it laid away and pay on it until it is mine.
Primers are another issue and at $39 a thousand or more I have to think really hard before I separate myself from my meager funds.

I have three of in the house when the kids are here and when they want to go to the range we do eat a lot of ammo and have so much fun it really makes dad feel good that we can still enjoy this activity.

I would like to get some 22LR and have a standing order in for 10,000 rounds and if I can have more it will be added to the original order, so when it comes in there just might be 20-30,000 22 lr with my name on it and another 10,000 in 22 mag and a few thousand in other calibers. If you want you have to be willing to drop the coin to have.

I was in one of my stores and the owner told the customer that all the components are going to be at least 2 years before some are even gotten too and that is just the way the industry is going. Remember we have how many shooters now looking for ammo and components and the industry was used to working on a 3% surplus of those items.