PDA

View Full Version : Where can I advertise PPC/PPA firearms related website

orisolo
11-01-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi Guys,

I would like to advertise my website on search engines to drive more traffic to the site.
Google Yahoo MSN and Facebook don't allow (or support) the 2nd amendment and can not be used.
I wonder if any one know of a network or something similar to Google that would allow advertising.
Thanks,

Adam10mm
11-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Nope. I just setup a FB page and let people find it with searches. There are tons of gun pages on FB. You can have a gun page on FB but you can't buy ads for a gun business on FB. Register the page as a Sporting Goods store.

Blacksmith
11-05-2013, 02:06 PM
Do some research and find out how to improve your search placement. Then modify your web site so it ranks higher in the search results. You can get the results you want without buying advertising by improving your web site so all the search engines place it on or near the top of the results for any search of a related topic.

The actual algorithms that search engines use are secret but there are hints and suggestions you can find by using search engines. One I remember from site management is the number of sites that you link to and are linked to your site. Add content to the site that people will link to, trade links with other sites, have resource lists and links to other sites, and keep them up to date (make it easy for visitors to report broken links). Make it easy to navigate your site and to find other information if you arrive there through a link on some other site.

The higher you are in the search results the more traffic you will get. Few people go past the first page of search results.

I just tried a search for PPC/PPA firearms and this thread on Cast Boolits is the top of the list. Do some searches on terms people may use and see what results you get then see what the top sites have in common.