PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning the Garage is the same thing as boolit casting isn't it?

DonMountain
10-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Well, today it was raining out all day, so I told my wife I spent the day cleaning up the garage. And of course the work/casting bench was covered with tools and stuff for the work on the house. Its about 6 feet long and 3 feet wide. And took me all day to clean it off. That's legal right? I mean, I only heated up the lead pot while I was working? You know, putting stuff away in the tool box? And that brings up another question. How many boolits do I need for deer season? :mrgreen:

CastingFool
10-31-2013, 09:37 PM
I can fully relate to that. A few weeks ago, I laid 350 sq ft of ceramic tile in our basement. While letting each batch of thinset rest for a few minutes before spreading it, I would go into my project room, where all my reloading equipment is. By the time I had all the tile laid, and grouted, I had reloaded 300 rds of 38 spcl.

ubetcha
10-31-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm almost giving up on trying to clean my garage.Every time I go out there and look at my mess, I always ask myself,where do I start. And yes ,I wind up firing up the casting pot instead. Wife finds no humor in that at all

runfiverun
10-31-2013, 10:22 PM
if done right casting is as boring and monotonous as cleaning the garage is.

waco
10-31-2013, 10:34 PM
this is why my reloading room now resides in the house! LOL
I just go "clean my room"

Ghost101
11-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Well I've got a story about cleaning up my garage. The place was a total functional mess! Harleys running an the ones being fixed up to replace the ones that would need to be torn down. Parts everywhere, plus all of my reloading gear. Stuff would have to be moved to either reload or work on a bike. It was like that for 30 years. Drove me crazy, but it worked. Should of left well enough alone, but didn't.
So one day I knew that I would have at least a week or two before my next job. I decided to fix up an clean my man cave. Got a storage container, put everything inside. got rid of all the junk that I thought I would need at some point in the future. Ran electric conduit all over the place so I could have lights all over and plugs where ever I could possibly use one. Ran pvc pipe for compressed air around the place. Put up 1/8 plywood on the walls an celling. Vented an added heat an air. Built work benches and shelves all over the place. Drop down storage from the celling. Insulated everything. Painted the walls, celling an the floor with some of that epoxy stuff. This place was coming together, added a flatscreen TV an a sound system. Moved everything back in. This was my dream garage. Mind you it wasn't a Jay Leno type of place but it was mine.
I now could work on the bikes without messing with the reloading bench. Could move around freely. Buddies would come over an hang out in the garage. Life was good or so I thought.
About a month after I finished " Cleaning up my garage", a man knocks on the door. I open the door to some guy with some paper work for me. Divorce paper work. SON-OF-A - well you know.
Well that was two years ago. My reloading equipment is in one location, the casting in another, the bikes yet in another. I don't mess the x-wife or the house. But I sure do mess that garage !!! LoL

Life is good an I figure this is yet just another one of Gods blessings.

But Boolit Musketeers, Friends, Buddy's - Be Very, Very Careful when go out to clean up that garage !!!

Ghost101

w5pv
11-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Even if you do nothing never finish a job today,always leave something to start on the next day.

ubetcha
11-01-2013, 06:52 AM
My new saying is " Put off today, what you can do tomorrow".

Garyshome
11-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Clean is nice but who has time for that stuff?

popper
11-01-2013, 03:11 PM
I'll forget where I put stuff if I clean up. One fouler and one for each tag + one to shoot in the air after you filled all your tags.

stinjie
11-01-2013, 09:32 PM
My basement gets "cleaned" almost every day after dinner.I'm pretty sure my wife knows what"cleaning the basement"means,with the boolits and reloaded ammo that keeps increasing.

aspangler
11-01-2013, 10:11 PM
Well I've got a story about cleaning up my garage. The place was a total functional mess! Harleys running an the ones being fixed up to replace the ones that would need to be torn down. Parts everywhere, plus all of my reloading gear. Stuff would have to be moved to either reload or work on a bike. It was like that for 30 years. Drove me crazy, but it worked. Should of left well enough alone, but didn't.
So one day I knew that I would have at least a week or two before my next job. I decided to fix up an clean my man cave. Got a storage container, put everything inside. got rid of all the junk that I thought I would need at some point in the future. Ran electric conduit all over the place so I could have lights all over and plugs where ever I could possibly use one. Ran pvc pipe for compressed air around the place. Put up 1/8 plywood on the walls an celling. Vented an added heat an air. Built work benches and shelves all over the place. Drop down storage from the celling. Insulated everything. Painted the walls, celling an the floor with some of that epoxy stuff. This place was coming together, added a flatscreen TV an a sound system. Moved everything back in. This was my dream garage. Mind you it wasn't a Jay Leno type of place but it was mine.
I now could work on the bikes without messing with the reloading bench. Could move around freely. Buddies would come over an hang out in the garage. Life was good or so I thought.
About a month after I finished " Cleaning up my garage", a man knocks on the door. I open the door to some guy with some paper work for me. Divorce paper work. SON-OF-A - well you know.
Well that was two years ago. My reloading equipment is in one location, the casting in another, the bikes yet in another. I don't mess the x-wife or the house. But I sure do mess that garage !!! LoL

Life is good an I figure this is yet just another one of Gods blessings.

But Boolit Musketeers, Friends, Buddy's - Be Very, Very Careful when go out to clean up that garage !!!

Ghost101

I am lucky. I no longer have a wife and don't won't another. After 33 years, she soured me on marriage. I got the house and land, she got one of the cars and that was ALL! If I want to cast, go hunting,or whatever I go. All's far in love and divorce.:lovebooli

psmokey
11-01-2013, 11:04 PM
My wife doesn't want me to clean. After I make a hole I just fill it back in again. Most likely with more loading stuff.

Jack Stanley
11-02-2013, 07:27 AM
In a way casting is the same as cleaning the garage , after all you are turning ingot form lead into something you will be removing from the area . This is not unlike anything else that you put into a receptacle and remove from the garage , therefore , yes you are cleaning the garage . On the other hand lube sizing the bullets and storing them in the garage would be a violation of the cleaning principle .

Good luck getting her to understand the idea .

Jack

birddog1148
11-02-2013, 09:01 AM
I am lucky. I no longer have a wife and don't won't another. After 33 years, she soured me on marriage. I got the house and land, she got one of the cars and that was ALL! If I want to cast, go hunting,or whatever I go. All's far in love and divorce.:lovebooli

I got rid of TWO of em. More time more money less headaches. Of course if I was to meet a nice pretty one at the range I might try it again...

500MAG
11-02-2013, 09:05 AM
if done right casting is as boring and monotonous as cleaning the garage is.

I'd much rather be casting, especially when you hit that perfect rhythm. I hate when I have to stop and refill.

jeo22
11-02-2013, 09:28 AM
Clean ? I just try to keep stuff in a location (pile) where I can find it. :D