PDA

View Full Version : Something kinda magical just happened.

PS Paul
10-31-2013, 05:54 PM
So for the past few weeks, my lovely wife has been encouraging me to get a backup freezer to hold the copious amounts of salmon, game meat, beef, etc. that I am in the habit of stuffing into our small refrigerator/freezer combo. I've seen some good reach-in styles, but right now money is REALLY tight and I just cannot swing it.

I was in the driveway working on my car and the neighbor from across the street, who I don't have a great relationship with since he is a drunk and got upset at me for raccoons getting into some garbage, walked up and started small talk.

I wa pretty upset with him when he got rude over the garbage incident, but I was my usual gentlemanly self, so I explained what I was doing on the car and just chatted politely.

Out of the blue, he asks, "Do you have any use for a standup freezer? It's about 23.0 cu. feet, but I have a new one coming and want to get rid of this one".

I was blown away at the nicety AND the timing. I went over and looked and it's perfect for my needs! Now, it'll be ALL MINE in a few weeks when he gets the new one and I couldn't be more happy.

Just figured I'd share what a nice Halloween surprise I got today. That is all.

Happy Halloween and Praise God!

aspangler
10-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Pay to be nice to the neighbors no matter how nasty they can be. Congrats.

blackthorn
10-31-2013, 06:00 PM
It pays to not hold grudges. The remote incident is over and done with and even drunks can be nice people (at least when they are sober). Good manners = good Karma, enjoy the new freezer.

nvbirdman
10-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Invite him shooting (no alcohol allowed).

starmac
10-31-2013, 06:20 PM
Good for you, I don't know how anybody gets by without a freezer.

starmac
10-31-2013, 06:22 PM
Good for you, I don't know how anybody gets by without a freezer. If mine quit tomorrow, I would be scrambling to get another one quickly, or have to store everything outside for a while. lol

Charlie Two Tracks
10-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Ya done good there PS Paul. Your story makes me wonder how many things in life I missed out on by not having the right attitude or not taking the time to listen.

PS Paul
10-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Invite him shooting (no alcohol allowed).

You know, I haven't actually thought about this for years, but I sold him a Blackhawk .45 Colt with 500 rds. brass, dies, holster, powder and some boolits about ten years ago (for $300.00!) and still have never gone shootin' with him.

Maybe I should do that in thanks for the freezer? I thought about a bottle of booze, but that might not be the best gift (ha ha!!) after all.

RED333
10-31-2013, 08:12 PM
Congrats!
If you give more than you get,
You will get more than you need,
This is true for the good and bad you do in life.

Garyshome
10-31-2013, 08:31 PM
I'ts good to check the attitude at the door. Which I usually have a hard time with

MaryB
10-31-2013, 09:51 PM
Couldn't live without my chest freezer, just stuffed 1/4 of grass fed beef in it.

Bzcraig
10-31-2013, 11:31 PM
God's timing is always perfect but never early! Time to become good neighbors as much as that is possible.

TES
10-31-2013, 11:40 PM
You do realize that the coons are gonna be in the freezer right!?

bikerbeans
11-01-2013, 12:38 AM
An empty 23 c.f. freezer, that's no good. Time to get with your hunting & fishing buddies and make plans to fill it quickly!

BB

Bulldogger
11-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Congratulation on the serendipity. I agree, it might be a good opportunity to improve relations, however the method, and at least make things cordial enough to wave and say good morning, even if you don't end up drinking buddies (ok, kidding on that last bit).
Bulldogger

Just Duke
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
I was in the driveway working on my car and the neighbor from across the street, who I don't have a great relationship with since he is a drunk

That's funny all 8 of his brothers live around me on my street. Huh! small world.

AlaskanGuy
11-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Sounds like a god deal to me.....