PDA

View Full Version : Lead Prices ^^^

BulletFactory
10-31-2013, 12:10 AM
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/10/20/remaining-lead-smelter-usa-closing/

Prolly in the wrong section, mods, please move it where it should be, and delete this comment if you would. Thanks.

waksupi
10-31-2013, 12:33 AM
That's been posted a few times the past couple weeks already.

Garyshome
10-31-2013, 12:43 AM
Jetsfan has a good deal right now.

BulletFactory
10-31-2013, 01:06 AM
I hvent been on much lately. Figured you knew, but in case...

bangerjim
10-31-2013, 11:43 AM
Old news..............but.

After researching this, I have found there are quite a few lead processing plants around the country that will keep the supply in reasonable shape. And Doe Run is debating about building a NEW plant to meet stupid EPA/Obummer specs to process ore.

There may be a slight increase in prices in the short term, but there is so much recycling going on with batteries and other items, there is plenty of lead out there. I can, at any moment, go to several local scrap yards locally and buy literally several tons of lead. So it is not that scares.....yet.

You will see a severe shortage/extinction of lead alloy WW's due to lead bans happening around the country. We just need to get use to not relying on FREE anything/my buddy dropped off 100# of WW's/beer got me a 5 gal bucket......and be willing to PAY for the lead we shoot. You can easily make hard alloys yourself by alloying known components. I do it all the time. It is still far cheaper than buying factory ammo!

bangerjim

BulletFactory
10-31-2013, 12:22 PM
As soon as the guys behind the counter at the junkyard hear about this, they are going to see $$$$ and those 60 cent wheel weights are going to be 2 bucks.

runfiverun
10-31-2013, 01:38 PM
they didn't seem all that concerned when there was only 1 [one, un, ein, uno] plant going.
I seriously doubt doe-run put out all the lead this country uses.
most ww's were coming in from [and going back to] china and india already, I doubt this is gonna change anything.
we are in a global economy remember...

dbosman
11-01-2013, 11:43 PM
Keep calm and carry on.
Carry on buying what you can when you can at prices you can afford. If you ever get far enough stockpiled, you'll be moving shortly anyway. ;-)