PDA

View Full Version : Marlyn shutting down?????

leeggen
10-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Heard some rumors that Marlin is going to shut down mfg. guns. Is this for real or just rumor????OOOPS fingers faster than brain Sorry for misspelling MARLIN.
CD

imashooter2
10-30-2013, 11:31 PM
It isn't and neither is Marlin. :)

Marlin was bought by Remington. The old Marlin plant was closed and production moved to new facilities. Many say that quality dropped off sharply after the purchase. They even coined a derogatory term for the new production guns, "Remlins." I have not personally handled any of them, but some making the claim are people whose opinions I respect.

Bodydoc447
10-30-2013, 11:43 PM
I just bought a brand new 336 in .35 Rem. It is just as nice as my 336 .30 WCF from the JM days. I have a guide gun that I bought after the Remlin changes and shoots very well, indeed. Just my personal experience

Doc

300savage
10-31-2013, 08:12 AM
just shot my friends new SS 44 mag and not a thing wrong with it whatsoever.
if i wanted one i would buy one in a second. cycled smooth and fast and shot great. that is a test of only one, but i was impressed.

starmac
10-31-2013, 12:28 PM
I think they were basically shut down for a while while they moved and got up and running again. I think they are still not, and may not, offer all the models they were before the buyout and move.

leeggen
10-31-2013, 09:13 PM
Good to know, thanks gentleman. Yeah wife heard part of a report about Marlin, knew ya'll would know for sure. Sometimes my finger just don't hit the keys like my brain wants. I must have been thinking of Ms. Monroe.
CD

HNSB
10-31-2013, 09:19 PM
I have an 1895 that is post Remington. The wood isn't fitted as nice as the pre-rem Marlins that I've seen. I have had no problems at all with the function of the gun.