PDA

View Full Version : Old powder measure

starmac
10-30-2013, 05:45 PM
I picked up an old powder measure, That I am not sure exactly what it is. I can not do pictures, but it is the same as the one in this thread which has good pictures, except mine does not have the tube ib the bottom, instead it came with two holly gun shop dies that have the tube in them.

This thread did not positively identify it, is the reason I ask, as there is more info on this site than anywhere else I know of. lol

I have the same question as the guy in this thread, how do you adjust it. LOL

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7149611/1

SWANEEDB
10-30-2013, 05:54 PM
I forget the name but org it came with a stand that screws to the back with 2 allen screws, you'll see an adjustment screw on one side or the other, they hid it, just look, you'll find it, should be in line with the handle, they also came with 2 drums.
Hope this helps, Woof woof Gus an me

Awhile back I sold one with org paper work, but that was before yesterday so I don't remember.

LUBEDUDE
10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
I believe you have an early Saeco model.

starmac
10-30-2013, 06:16 PM
I took it apart and duh, The adjustment is super simple and idiot proof. lol In fact the whole thing is pretty much idiot proof and heavy duty too. lol It looks like it should work with any type of powder equally well.
It does have the threaded holes to hook to a bench mount.

seagiant
10-30-2013, 06:52 PM
Hi,
Lubedude nailed it! It's the first generation Saeco and came with two rotors. One for pistol and one for rifle. It adjust with a small screw on the drum. There should be a cut out on the body to bring the screw to to make the adjustment with out taking the rotor out! IMHO these are excellent measures and would be worth getting a factory stand for it.

The next model was the Micro-adjust that only had one rotor and would load riffle and pistol!

starmac
10-30-2013, 07:46 PM
Ogeez, after seeing those pictures, I gots to have me one of those factory stands. lol Where does it end. lol

The powder hole in the drum this one has is a good 1/2 in across, I'm assuming that is how one would tell if it is for rifle or pistol?

seagiant
10-30-2013, 09:33 PM
Hi,
Yea mine is good for pistol and the hole is about 3/8" always looking for the bigger (rifle) one!

http://www.castpics.net/subsite/Manuals/SaecoMeasure.pdf

HeavyMetal
11-01-2013, 10:58 PM
I have one of the early Saeo Micro adjust measure, with a permanant mount on it, literally the most accurate and repeatable measure I have owned to date.

Bought it at a gun show 15 or more years ago for 5 bucks!

Not for sale at any price

starmac
11-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Just looking at the way this one is built, it seems like once you get it set, and tighten the lock screw, it can't do anything but repeat the charge. It is as simple as it gets and that suits me fine.