PDA

View Full Version : Cast Boolet Vendor Just Down The Road

alamogunr
10-29-2013, 07:57 PM
As I walked out to the mail box this afternoon, my rural mail carrier drove up. Said he was about to come to the door looking for me. Although I live within the city limits, I am still on a rural mail route. He is a gun enthusiast just as I am and he gave me some cast boolets(?) that were a dark gray color. Said they were epoxy coated. The operation that made them is less than a quarter mile from me. I didn't know it existed. He said he had been picking up a lot of flat rate boxes(9 today). Each was pushing the 70 lb limit.

The three boolets that he gave me were all 9mm. They looked like the Lee .356-120-TC. I mic'ed the three of them and got:

#1 #2 #3
Bottom driving band .3566 .3567 .3563
Front of groove(?) .3561 .3566 .3564

I know nothing about epoxy coated boolets. I don't know if these would lead a 9mm barrel. Some comments might be in order before I go charging down there and knock on the door.

I guess I'm not as unique as I thought I was. I had thought I was the only boolet caster in the county.

MT Gianni
10-29-2013, 10:40 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?204174-simple-Hi-Tek-coating
This might be some required reading. Did you get a name and address off the packages or is that illegal?

runfiverun
10-29-2013, 10:45 PM
there is also the powder coating thing everybody is working on perfecting, besides the two different hi-tek coatings.

alamogunr
10-29-2013, 11:43 PM
There was no package. Just some loose boolets. When I get a few minutes, I'm going down and, as I said, knock on the door. If I get some favorable information, I'll report it here.

In the meantime, I'll read up on coatings.