hylander
10-26-2013, 10:24 PM
What size for a .44 Pietta 1858 Made in 2011
Also where can I order them from
Thanks,

Hylander

GunSlingerNM
10-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Dixie Gun Works. They have set it up where you can order by brand ie Pietta, Uberti, ROA. Good luck I was very disappointed when I tried the Treso nipples. My Pietta (Colt 1860) shot low and left and all over. I went back to stock and gun was right on.

Omnivore
10-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Oh boy' I had a very thought-out reply and it just vanished without a whimper when I hit the wrong button

Anyway; it's not a big deal either way unless you have misfit or damaged nipples and you want nice, consistent ones to replace them. The Tresos do seem to be of high quality.

They have a smaller flash hole than any of the factory nipples I have on four C&B revolvers.

If changing to them significantly alters your POI or accuracy, I've never hear of it before-- that could only be the result of a significant pressure/velocity change, and though that may be plausible, it could certainly be corrected by adjusting your powder charge. As Chuck Yeager said; "I'd need to see the gun-camera film on that one."

I certainly didn't notice any significant shift in either POI or accuracy after switching to Tresos on two different revolvers.

Crytes
10-28-2013, 10:00 PM
I got my tresos for my ROA from jedediah Starr trading company the site had a bunch of different guns listed

Mike 56
10-28-2013, 10:31 PM
They are nice nipples they smaller flash holes for less back flash. Caps fit them nice. My problem is i have eight cap guns 31cal up to a Walker and some extra cylinders it would cost me a fortune to replace all of my nipples. I have bought them before from these guys. http://www.possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples-cb.html

rodwha
10-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Track of The Wolf makes nipples too at a slightly cheaper price. The savings about pays the shipping.

I bought a set for my ROA as they have the hex head design, but are otherwise designed like the Treso nipples.