PDA

View Full Version : Hang on to your $$$$$

Garyshome
10-26-2013, 09:25 AM
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is issuing a proposed rule aimed at improving the safety of food for animals and pets. Here we go again!

1Shirt
10-26-2013, 11:30 AM
The govt and congress is great at making laws, rules, regulations, etc.etc.etc. What they are not great in is repealing laws, rules, regulations, that are out dated, have proven useless, are unmanageable, etc.etc.etc. Need to see some politicians run with platforms to start repealing, not making more junkl!
1Shirt!

perotter
10-26-2013, 11:58 AM
The govt and congress is great at making laws, rules, regulations, etc.etc.etc. What they are not great in is repealing laws, rules, regulations, that are out dated, have proven useless, are unmanageable, etc.etc.etc. Need to see some politicians run with platforms to start repealing, not making more junkl!
1Shirt!

Ain't that the truth!! One of my uncles used to say the end of each decade all laws should go away. Then the government would stay busy just pass the needed one. I don't fully agree with that, but I'm close to agreeing.

We seeing a few run on a platform of repealing law, but it is an uphill(is upmountain a word?) battle to get them elected.

FWIW: If upmountain isn't currently a word, I've just added to the vocabulary.

imashooter2
10-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Empire building, pure and simple. Add regulating pet food and your department will need more people and budget.

Ickisrulz
10-26-2013, 12:26 PM
Empire building, pure and simple. Add regulating pet food and your department will need more people and budget.

Pet food is already regulated by the FDA.

http://www.fda.gov/AnimalVeterinary/Products/AnimalFoodFeeds/PetFood/default.htm

sparky45
10-26-2013, 12:32 PM
Apparently NOT regulated very well. Remember the Melamine the Chinese slipped into the pet food and killed numerous pets? Right now there is "something" in the pet food from China that is killing pets and it hasn't been identified yet. FDA is a JOKE!!

oldred
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM
The only rule they need to legislate is to ban imported food or any food product, from CHINA!!!!! That especially goes for "people" food and I just recently saw in the news where "they" have decided to allow chicken and chicken parts (chicken PARTS?????) to be processed in China for US consumption! Next time you eat that big tasty McChicken sandwich you may want to consider what's in it? Twice in recent years pets have died by the hundreds from being fed imported Chinese %#@& and now it will just be a matter of time before it happens to people.

DLCTEX
10-26-2013, 12:44 PM
How about a year of Jubilee like the Children of Israel had that reset everything every 50 years, but make it at least every 10 years. All laws would need to be passed again on their merits.

dbosman
10-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Stop importing cheap food stocks from China and Viet Nam and the problems mostly go away.

captaint
10-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Yeah, but we can't pi## them off - we owe them too much money !!!!

dragon813gt
10-26-2013, 05:22 PM
Stop importing cheap food stocks from China and Viet Nam and the problems mostly go away.

I was going to post the same thing. Stop the importation of food and the problem will go away. My dog doesn't eat anything from a foreign country.

Roundnoser
10-26-2013, 05:26 PM
The only rule they need to legislate is to ban imported food or any food product, from CHINA!!!!! That especially goes for "people" food and I just recently saw in the news where "they" have decided to allow chicken and chicken parts (chicken PARTS?????) to be processed in China for US consumption! Next time you eat that big tasty McChicken sandwich you may want to consider what's in it? Twice in recent years pets have died by the hundreds from being fed imported Chinese %#@& and now it will just be a matter of time before it happens to people.

I second that motion!

mold maker
10-26-2013, 05:32 PM
Don't foget the tainted baby formula from China. As long as we're borrowing the money to pay for it, they'll ship us anything.

Bad Water Bill
10-26-2013, 05:46 PM
How about a year of Jubilee like the Children of Israel had that reset everything every 50 years, but make it at least every 10 years. All laws would need to be passed again on their merits.

That sounds like a great idea.

With some departments passing over 30,000 new restrictions per year the politicians will be kept so busy just trying to read all of the garbage they forced onto us that they will not have time to think up more junk laws.

If they do NOT sign YES or NO on each and every item passed in the last 5-10 ??? years they will not be eligibile to run for re election period.:evil:

blackthorn
10-27-2013, 11:09 AM
It should be mandatory that every time they pass a new law--- they should have to repeal two old ones! A few years of that and things would be much simpler!

MtGun44
10-27-2013, 11:13 AM
The TOTAL lack of even a hint of morality in the Chinese business community means that
they will gladly kill all your pets for an extra $1. They are also not even smart enough to see
that if they kill our pets and we stop buying their products, they lose in the long run. Apparently,
they are only capable of seeing that they rip you off in the short run "it is good".

Personally, ANY food from China is NOT going to be used for me or my pets.

Bill

cbrick
10-27-2013, 11:56 AM
I look at every label on everything for my dog. USA made or the store keeps it, no exceptions.

Same goes for anything edible for me but for some strange reason I'm considerably more anal about it for the dog. I also avoid anything else from China whenever there is a choice. Young fellow at Sears thought I was completely nuts when I was buying a air hose for $45.00 & he tried to get me to buy the Chinese one for $20.00. I told him, see this tag? Made in the USA, that's worth far more than an extra $25.00. Well, that was right over his head. But anything edible? Let the Chinese eat it.

Rick

10x
10-27-2013, 02:08 PM
The creation of administrative laws done by those who administrate the laws and want to hire more administrators. There is no benefit to the public but there are more public servants telling you what you can not do and your taxes start to go up...

starmac
10-27-2013, 03:21 PM
You guys re asking for a lot, coming from a society where it is neither mandatory or really even practiced to read a law before it is passed. lol

Three-Fifty-Seven
10-27-2013, 04:00 PM
blems!