PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here make sizing dies for RCBS/Lyman lubrisizers?

dmclark523
10-25-2013, 11:23 PM
Looking for one that would fit an NOE 316299, so .316 diameter.

Anybody do this or know of anyone who would do this for me?

Only other options to me now or watching fleabay or ordering one from Buffalo Arms, but for $46 before shipping costs :???:

winelover
10-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Send a PM to Buckshot (forum member). His dies are reasonable and well made. I have used him in the past with favorable results. However, he only offers dies that are non-standard (non-cataloged) sizes.

Winelover

bhn22
10-26-2013, 09:15 AM
Lap out a .314. If you do it yourself, you'll get exactly what you want. It doesn't take long at all.

dromia
10-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Lathesmith on here also makes sizing dies.

Both he and Buckshot do fine work.

Sig
10-27-2013, 09:41 AM
I have a couple of sizing dies from Buckshot for my Lyman. His work is top notch. Last time I checked with Lathesmith, he was just making Star dies.

Airman Basic
10-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Okay, showing my dumbness again. How do I contact Lathesmith or Buckshot? Searching for them gives plenty of hits, but no contact info.

oneokie
10-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Up at the top of any page, on the left side, second row down of the menu list is "Private Messages". Click on that and a new page will open. On the left side of that page will be a list, select "send new message". Another page will open, put the name is the first box, subject matter in the second box, your message in the 3rd and largest box, scroll down and hit "submit message".

Ed in North Texas
10-31-2013, 01:45 PM
Up at the top of any page, on the left side, second row down of the menu list is "Private Messages". Click on that and a new page will open. On the left side of that page will be a list, select "send new message". Another page will open, put the name is the first box, subject matter in the second box, your message in the 3rd and largest box, scroll down and hit "submit message".

I thought Buckshot used to be listed in the Vendor Sponsor section, but either I am mistaken (it happens with greater frequency every year), or he is no longer listed there. I've used Richard Doughty in the past for oddball size dies. He also does excellent work. His website indicates he's having some medical issues and is now only making Lyman, RCBS and Lee type sizing dies and lever gun conversion parts. Richard is listed in the Vendor Sponsor section and here's his website link:

http://www.doughtyent.com/index.html

Airman Basic
10-31-2013, 02:45 PM
after oneokie made it simple enough for this country boy to understand, I got in touch with Buckshot.