PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of moving? A plug....

Gussy
11-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Thinking of moving?? Got kids in school?? Dayton, WA...

I was talking with the wife last weekend. Over 90% of the kids that graduated last year went on to some form of advanced education (college, trade school, or other). Last year there was over $250,000 in scholarships awarded to less than a 100 student graduating class. The school was just awarded several awards from the state for some of the highest test scores in the state in the basics, math reading and so on.

On the down side, not a lot of jobs here and you may have to drive 30 miles to work. Plus side, good fishing, hunting, and winter sports. 100+ wineries within 40 miles, some good stuff if you are into that. Cost of housing is still reasonable but going up some. Very little crime, few druggies as everywhere.

Plus or minus.... The town is getting more artsy, fartsy every day.

BD
11-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Are you on the wet side, or the dry side? I am thinking about moving. Reasonable land prices and good hunting are high on my priority list. I may just go back to Maine.
BD

Gussy
11-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Dry side, town is in a 25"/year and I live higher up, 30"/year, near the Snake River,12"/ year. Mild winters compared to most northern states. It does get near zero a few nights a year but even that is not common. Mostly 10 and above. teens and 20's are most winter nights. Summers can get warm and dry. A few 100's. Best days to head to the river!!