PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Here

SnakesAndStuff
10-24-2013, 08:27 PM
New guy here, just stopping in and saying hello. I've been told by several that this is one heck of a good reloading community.

I'm just getting into reloading, and it is almost as addictive as unloading :-P

I'm a tinkerer at heart, like to build my own things, brew my own beer, etc not due to potential cost savings, but b/c I like to know more about the process.

Right now I'm reloading for 30-06 and .223. Hopefully (when things get off of backorder) I'll be reloading .45 ACP as well.

Looking forward to spending a bit of time over here! (and I hope I didn't put this post in the wrong spot).

country gent
10-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Welcome and enjoy all the combined knowledge. It is addictive and a never ending learnig curve. You picked three of the easier ones to start with reloading. Alot of data,components, information available for them. Buy a good reloading manual or 2 to cross check data against. The one caliber books are good and have data from all in them. Read the how to sections perferably several times, Lymans is good fo this section. Another good thing is to find a knowlegable relaoder in your area to assist in setting up the bench and equipment. Its pretty straight forward but the help from one who knows saves alot of extra drilled holes in a bench top.

Wayne Smith
10-24-2013, 08:52 PM
Welcome, and one piece of advice. Post your location - you may be surprised how close some of us may be.

Don't worry, I've got a lot of extra holes drilled in my bench top. A piece of the right sized dowel and some glue solves that problem quickly!

MtGun44
10-24-2013, 09:04 PM
Welcome. Lots of good folks here.

Bill

Kraschenbirn
10-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Drag up a rock and make yourself to home. Only advice I can offer is, when you get a little extra time, to read the stickies, learn to use the forum's search engine, and don't be afraid to ask questions if you run up against something you don't understand and can't quite work out for yourself. I've been reloading for over fifty years and its been nearly forty years since I cast my first muzzle-loader balls but there's not a week goes by that I don't pick up something useful off this group.

Welcome aboard!

Bill

RED333
10-24-2013, 09:33 PM
Welcome, just one rule, New Guy buys first round.
Make mine a 7mm Rem Mag.

foesgth
10-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Welcome, and one piece of advice. Post your location - you may be surprised how close some of us may be.

Don't worry, I've got a lot of extra holes drilled in my bench top. A piece of the right sized dowel and some glue solves that problem quickly!

We need to know where is he is...he did say he brewed his own beer, right?

codgerville@zianet.com
10-24-2013, 10:26 PM
Beer? Where?

HeavyMetal
10-24-2013, 11:26 PM
welcome!
You'll find many knowleadable guys here and some strong opinion as well, LOL!

all questions are good to ask if you don't know the answer. You will get more than one answer which is why I like this site a lot of outside the box thinking here as well as gadgets, do dads, and just plain fun.

Enjoy!

tommag
10-25-2013, 02:47 AM
Welcome home!

It is the best spot on the web for reloading and casting, (and lots more). For the size of this site, itprobably the most comfortable pot bellied stove you'll ever pull a chair up to and join the roundtable.
Waksupi drug me over here a few years ago, and though I've contributed nothing of value, I've learned so much that I'm practically a geenuus compared to what I wuz!
You're a home brewer.... Better not post your location, I can empty a carboy faster than you can fill it.

Randy C
10-25-2013, 04:29 AM
Welcome, I like to home brew every winter.

Moonie
10-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Reminds me, I need to make up my seasonal batch of pumpkin ale soon. Welcome to the madness, you have two choices, run now, or follow us down the rabbit hole.

MrWolf
10-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Welcome - I chose the rabbit hole, but my wife thinks I am sick looking for wheel weights, tinkering, etc.. Great advise, just read, read, read.

captaint
10-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Welcome. When you decide to start casting your own, consider starting with the 45ACP. It's a real sweetheart to cast & load for. About as easy as it can possibly be.
Mike

sthwestvictoria
10-26-2013, 02:49 AM
Welcome, another caster and brewer here. A chap just has to do some of these things himself.

Taylor
10-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Welcome,you'll like it here.I too,at one time brewed my own beer.Still have my recipes and equipment.

DCP
10-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Welcome

Lots to learn here.

Enjoy

reloader28
10-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Theres more fellow brewers here than I thought.
No wonder I like it here.:drinks:

Oh Yah..... welcome Snakesandstuff

w5pv
10-27-2013, 01:30 PM
Death is the only cure once you are hooked,Welcome to the addiction.Enjoy