PDA

View Full Version : Why does it always come down to TSHTF and/or Zombies?

Love Life
10-24-2013, 03:32 PM
So there I was, once again, larger than life. I'm chatting it up with my buddy about firearms and ask this question:" Would you rather have a Colt SAA in 44-40 with nickel finish or in 45 Colt with classic blue and color case hardening?"

His reply: "Well in SHTF scenario I would rather have the 45 colt as ammo would be more available."

Insert face palm here.

In a SHTF or Zombie scenario I'd grab my evil black guns and go get some, but why does every gun choice discussion now devolve into a TSHTF and/or Zombie apocalypse discussion?

starmac
10-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Try talking about ANY survival method, it only gets worse.

Finster101
10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
My preference would be the 44-40 in blue and case hardened. Them old guns must be pretty effective cause I ain't run across any left over zombies.

TheCelt
10-24-2013, 03:43 PM
I guess it's cause folks are thinking a lot about SHTF scenarios. Heck, they even had a TV show about folks preparing for all and any kind of catastrophes!!!

I'd rather have the Blued 45. Had a nickel plated revolver and the plating on the front of the cylinder wore of pretty quick. IMHO I think nickel plated guns are for show not go.

starmac
10-24-2013, 03:44 PM
LOL I see zombies pretty regular, but I'm sure they haven't met a 44/40.

For my personal use it would be the 45 colt in a strong revolver, the 44/40 would be just for the cool factor, which is alright too.

Love Life
10-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Cool factor is everything!!

MBTcustom
10-24-2013, 03:51 PM
I think that ever since folks got to see a homeless feller get his face gnawed off on the six o clock news, by a naked zombie, it's just no longer a fantasy.
"It could happen man!!!" LOL!

sparky45
10-24-2013, 03:53 PM
My go-to Zombie gun;), would be my Rossi 92 SS in 44-40. What's not to like! That's after I emptied both my Ruger Blackhawks in 45LC. I'd love me some Zombie.

http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/glynnm1945/001_zps3a97c173.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/glynnm1945/media/001_zps3a97c173.jpg.html)

I be packin'

Love Life
10-24-2013, 03:54 PM
If I saw a Zombie, I would use my nunchaku and nunchaku them right in the face!!

smokeywolf
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Probably because this Country has never been in such deep ka-ka, with an individual who refuses to produce irrefutable proof of his eligibility to be President, and would just as soon burn the Constitution than "support and defend" it.

Oh! 45 SAA Artillery Model.

MBTcustom
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
I'd tie on my red bandana, rip off my shirt, and let them taste the fury of my .22 Davy Crickett.
It has the token laser.

Love Life
10-24-2013, 03:59 PM
I would defeat them with flying elbow drops inspired by Macho Man Randy Savage.

Janoosh
10-24-2013, 04:00 PM
What? No tactical tommahawk or precision sharpened entrenching tool? Lever action 44/40... Waaay cool!

Love Life
10-24-2013, 04:03 PM
It's just that you never get a valid answer. Why can't it be like the this: 45 colt is more common, more powerful, easier to load, and was chambered in the original issued guns.

44-40 is cool, has way less blowback, and is cool.

It always comes down to Zombies and TSHTF.

DHurtig
10-24-2013, 04:09 PM
I work in a high school... the place is full of zombies until about lunch time. I'd pick the 45 Colt by a slim margin.

bob208
10-24-2013, 04:10 PM
me I started looking up 2 gun rigs.

starmac
10-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Cool factor is everything!!

Yea, but then you have to buy them expensive zombie targets. lol I think it was wallmart I saw them at. I couldn't fricken believe it.

Finster101
10-24-2013, 04:18 PM
I would defeat them with flying elbow drops inspired by Macho Man Randy Savage.

Do you have the cool shades and a pack of Slim Jims too? LOL

Pb2au
10-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Well, first, I would suggest the 45 with the color case hardening, cuz CCH is incredibly cool, which by extension makes the owner of said gun look more awesome.
2) In the event that zombies crop up, I will surround the Pb2au command center with treadmills facing toward me. Thus the zombies will stay occupied for a good long time.
3) I will mount one of those gimundo snow blowers on the front of my truck and simply drive through them. Instant zombie slushies.
4) Lastly, I gotta go with the aforementioned Atomic elbow drops.

Prospector Howard
10-24-2013, 04:28 PM
You hit the nail on the head old Smokey. Everyone that has any brains left knows that the country is in deep and accelerating. Each new idiot in chief is worse than the last, and this one really takes the cake. How long can the country survive, when they do everything exactly the opposite of the right thing?
Probably because this Country has never been in such deep ka-ka, with an individual who refuses to produce irrefutable proof of his eligibility to be President, and would just as soon burn the Constitution than "support and defend" it.

Oh! 45 SAA Artillery Model.

Love Life
10-24-2013, 04:32 PM
Lets keep the "America is ending" comments out of here please.

We are discussing the 44-40 VS 45 Colt, Nickel VS CCH and bluing, and why every reason to buy a gun today comes down to TSHTF or Zombies.

Oh, and we are also discussing elbow drops from the top rope.

PS Paul
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM
.45 Colt cuz I don't have any molds for the .44-40. he he

starmac
10-24-2013, 04:45 PM
About as bad as every conversation turning to Zombies or THSHTF scenarios, is the marketing that is geared for the same delusions??? Zombie guns, zombie ammo, zombie targets, even govt practicing to control zombies. When you really think about it, it is scary that enough people even have this stuff on their minds, to create a market.

376Steyr
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Just like all those flying saucer movies in the 1950's weren't just about little green men visiting, TSHTF and Zombies are just a symptom of us all knowing that "something" is coming. We may disagree on what the "something" will be, but anybody who has looked for .22 ammo in the last year knows that "something" is up.
Oh, and I'd take .45 Colt because I already have dies and moulds, and a nickle finish on a 12" Buntline Special because it will be easier to clean after I pistolwhip the zombie with it.

HATCH
10-24-2013, 04:58 PM
I guess we live in strange times now. Its not so much zombies and more of the SHTF type.
To be honest if the SHTF, I wouldn't be touching my SAA's at all.
And as far as your friend goes.. To be honest 45 colt is almost as hard to find as 44-40. 45 colt is cheaper but you know SHTF means its free so it don't matter.

Now of the two weapons you choose, I would say 45 colt only because you can buy the ammo easier. I am sure your gonna reload it anyway but 44-40 brass is hard to find. You never see anyone selling once fired 44-40 brass.

Artful
10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
I like 45 colt - in a strong gun it will out perform 44-40.

bhn22
10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
There are a lot of nervous people out there who don't know how to express their concerns without feeling ridiculous. The zombie craze has actually been good for a lot of these people because it gives them a nonsensical way to express their fears without feeling silly for being so insecure. The futures pretty grim to a lot of people, and they're just trying to express themselves without dying their hair blue.

762 shooter
10-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Zombos and sheetfanning are two best current reasons to buy guns you don't really need.

Both pistols.

w0fms
10-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Hmm.. I'm not saying I believe this necessarily, if if true it isn't "right": But... Isn't, in the "gun world", "Zombie" a "secret" codeword for "progressive" or (modern) "liberal"? That's the rumor I heard, anyway...

btroj
10-24-2013, 06:31 PM
What if Zombies kill all security forces, police, and leadership in the nation?

Can we have a zombie sh.. apocalypse hit the fan?

Love Life
10-24-2013, 06:55 PM
Zombos and sheetfanning are two best current reasons to buy guns you don't really need.

Both pistols.

This is the best advice...ever. My wife would kill me if I bought 2 SAA revolvers.

runfiverun
10-24-2013, 07:42 PM
it'd have to be the 44-40 I already have some 45 colt revolvers and leverguns.
I have a 44-40 lever gun and it's kinda lonely.
hmm,,, I also have some 44 special revolvers but no 44 special lever gun.

btroj
10-24-2013, 07:57 PM
When I look at guns I often become a zombie, or so says my wife

bhn22
10-24-2013, 07:58 PM

I like your thinking!

leeggen
10-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Buy both one for her and one for you then you can barrow hers and still enjoy the guns and the wife being happy.
As for zombis and shtf I believe in this way; If shtf then many people are going to act like zombis and become dangerous to be around. But with one each of the above guns you will have covered most problems. Mainly keeping the wife from going zombi after you.
CD

Pb2au
10-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Oh, I forgot to weigh in on the choice of chambering. 45 colt. Mucho load info, in some modern handguns and rifles, dino killing loads can be had if that is your hearts desire.

RED333
10-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Guns, who needs any sticking guns, I am using my Ninga skills!

preparehandbook
10-24-2013, 09:28 PM
I would strap the 44-40 to one elbow and the 45 Colt to the other and do tactical elbow drops.

There are 2 reasons these zombie/shtf stuff always comes up.

As biological creatures we are hardwired to fantasize about winning the natural selection game.

More importantly is a simple fact...

The department of homeland security will not come arrest you for talking about zombies, people can gather for "zombie response team" meetings and not be accused of plotting sedition, when you discuss what you'll do if a giant sharknado engulfs your state or an asteroid blows up the midwest.... it is all just silly talk.

If these same folks feel their gut telling them that we are close to serious civil unrest and discuss it openly.... their coworkers will call DHS, the NSA will put assign a snowden to them, and people in general will discredit them as "militia types"

- Zombie is a code for real living enemies
- SHTF is code for civil war

How do I know this? I live 15 miles from idaho, where they give people a militia application when they buy beer.

TXGunNut
10-24-2013, 09:30 PM
.45 Colt cuz I don't have any molds for the .44-40. he he

Yup, I have moulds, sizing/loading dies and brass for the 45 Colt and four revolvers chambered for that cartridge. A 44-40 would be silly.....did you say nickel? ;-)

dtknowles
10-24-2013, 09:34 PM
It's just that you never get a valid answer. Why can't it be like the this: 45 colt is more common, more powerful, easier to load, and was chambered in the original issued guns.

44-40 is cool, has way less blowback, and is cool.

It always comes down to Zombies and TSHTF.

You don't spose it has something to do with the people you hang with. :-) Myself I prefer a nickel plated top break double action S&W in 44-40 preferred by historical figures who like to make unauthorized withdrawals from banks.

Tim

geargnasher
10-24-2013, 10:28 PM

Ain't gonna happen with regard to the "leaders" in Washington at least, no brains there to eat.

Gear

btroj
10-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Gear, you make a good point but dammit man, zombies are cool!

Thanks mr buzzkill.

My take on it is that people who argue over SHTF tend to be like zombies......

Love Life
10-24-2013, 10:36 PM
I like the idea of taping the revolvers to my elbows and doing tactical long range precision elbow drops. Boom. That just happened.

btroj
10-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Doesn't that still need a "send it"?

Love Life
10-24-2013, 10:52 PM
Macho Man says "Send it" from above. It's like a divine firing (elbowing) command.

btroj
10-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Ahh. I stand correct O' LRP one.

Like a zombie, if only I had your brain......

Love Life
10-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Mmmmm...Brains.

On the upside, there will be plenty of elbows around in TSHTF zombie world.

btroj
10-24-2013, 11:04 PM
That is great of you kneed them.......

Love Life
10-24-2013, 11:07 PM
I see what you did there. If I run out of elbows I could get toe up by the zombies.

preparehandbook
10-24-2013, 11:47 PM
Here's what I don't get...

In every apocalypse, zombie or otherwise, I notice to things:

1) Every bad guy suddenly starts dressing like a 70's rock star....Bandannas on their legs, studded clothing, poofy dyed hair. Is it that bad people secretly want to do this and society represses them? Or is it some environmental effect?

Either way, screw stockpiling food, ammo etc. I've stockpiled skinny jeans, hair gel and dye, scarves, spiked belts, earrings... I'm gonna be a freakin' post apocalyptic "Hot Topic" store and Ill trade for everything else.

2) Why do post apocalyptic folks adorn their vehicles with spikes and barbed wire? With 500 zombies chasing you you do not need to get snagged on road debris. Also it just gives opponents something to hold onto.

I'd go smoooooth instead, so nobody alive or undead could grab onto my car. Maybe an AMC pacer, ford econoline van, or anything driven by zz top.

starmac
10-24-2013, 11:55 PM
You guys lost me way back, I don't have a clue what you are talking about now. lol

Love Life
10-25-2013, 12:00 AM
We are thread drifting-ish.

The OP asked why all gun choice discussions inevitably end up at the "X is better than Y because in a SHTF or Zombie scenario you'll be able to get ammo."

From that point it just kind of degraded to the shenanigans you are currently seeing. I believe we have come to the conclusion that SAA revolvers taped to your elbow to allow long range precision elbow drops is/are the best weapon system/s for the mentioned scenarios. Even though the whole point of the OP was kind of ranting against using the end of the world or a zombie outbreak as the deciding factor in a firearm or caliber decision.

I blame global warming, violent video games, and processed chicken products.

MT Gianni
10-25-2013, 12:04 AM
44-40 in a pinch you could use the nickle finish as a shaving mirror.

Mk42gunner
10-25-2013, 12:08 AM
So there I was, once again, larger than life. I'm chatting it up with my buddy about firearms and ask this question:" Would you rather have a Colt SAA in 44-40 with nickel finish or in 45 Colt with classic blue and color case hardening?"

His reply: "Well in SHTF scenario I would rather have the 45 colt as ammo would be more available."

Insert face palm here.

In a SHTF or Zombie scenario I'd grab my evil black guns and go get some, but why does every gun choice discussion now devolve into a TSHTF and/or Zombie apocalypse discussion?

To be technical, I don't believe Colt made SAA's in .44-40. Weren't they the Frontier Model or something like that?

Anyway it depends on the ammo. If BP I would take the Nickel plated .44-40. If Smokeless, I would take the .45 Colt.

Or we could be realistic and I would take both, as long as someone else is paying for them.

Robert

Love Life
10-25-2013, 12:14 AM
44-40 Had frontier six shooter stamped on the barrel. Still a SAA.

starmac
10-25-2013, 12:28 AM
Or we could be realistic and I would take both, as long as someone else is paying for them.

Robert

I wouldn't turn away a heritage rough rider if someone else is paying for it, come to think of it, I seem to recall paying for one myself. lol

MaryB
10-25-2013, 01:00 AM
We have a major zombie invasion already... have you ever talked to a liberal?

starmac
10-25-2013, 01:12 AM
Just long enough to tell them to get away from me. lol

nhrifle
10-25-2013, 01:20 AM
I love the family we have here, truly and sincerely. This has been one of the longest work weeks of my life so far, and I still have to get through Friday. Wish me luck!

Anyway, I am a huge zombie fan. Yeah, I know it ain't gonna happen, but who knows? Look at the bunch of non-producing bloodsuckers we have in D.C.! This thread has been a riot to read, probly have me chuckling for awhile now. Thanks again.

As to the original question, my preference would be either caliber (stoked with holy black of course), in the blue and color cased finish. The original Colt color casing, not the bright, neon color casing that screams for attention.

And in case anyone needs a good book or two to read, check out Day By Day Armageddon by J.L. Bourne, and Dying To Live by Kim Paffenroth. Great stories.

preparehandbook
10-25-2013, 02:07 AM
asking folks to discuss why topics drift onto zombies and SHTF without actually discussing zombies and SHTF is like asking:

Why do people always argue which is better, ARs or AKs?

Oh, but let's not discuss ARs and AKs.

You'd have better luck making your dog an all-bacon halloween costume and expecting it to last the night.

PS: the correct answer is the AK

MBTcustom
10-25-2013, 07:24 AM
I don't watch TV, so I have not been infected with the zombie addiction. However, the other day I was at balkandom's house and we were drinking homemade wine and eating fine stilton, triple creme cheese (sigh), and watching this great zombie flick that was set in the civil war! Awesome!!!! The only downside was I couldn't figure out what caliber his rifle was. Either it was a mojo mamma humper, or it was a 30-30 and he used the crossed bandoliers of 458 magnum sumthinorother to protect himself from zombie claws.
Regardless it was a great flick. Totally explains how the north one the war. LOL!

btroj
10-25-2013, 07:42 AM
I am a 45 Colt kinda guy. I would actually prefer it over a 44-40 as the extra tiny bit of diameter would lead to a larger wound. If you want I can come up with lots of meaningless stats and pull other data from my **** to prove my point. I refuse to back down, concede that my data is bogus, or otherwise relent.

Guys, whatever you do, don't use reloads for killing zombies. Lawsuits will ensue and you will be hung out to dry because you intentionally used more lethal ammo. That is fact, I read it on the internet.

I do have a large stash of old, yet functioning, treadmills on hand. These will be wired such that when placed outside of doors the zombies will walk on them. By having the zombies walk on treadmills it moves the motor and will actually generate electricity for my home! I have a large stash of batteries in my "shelter" and will be able to function for quite a while off the grid.

cbrick
10-25-2013, 07:47 AM
44-40 or 45 Colt?

That decision cannot be made as yet. We must sit back and wait to see which one gets the name "tactical" applied to it first.

Since the Calvary had SAA 45 Colts on their hips I guess that would make it "tactical" so I'll take the venerable old Colt.

As for Zombie's, the country is packed full of them. Just look at the results of recent elections. Anybody ever notice how much Zombies love cool-aid ?

Rick

JonB_in_Glencoe
10-25-2013, 07:54 AM
Kool-aid is spelled with a "K"
and you clearly specified why ;)

cbrick
10-25-2013, 08:12 AM
Kool-aid is spelled with a "K"

Oh yeah huh. Well, in my defense I never touch the stuff myself so . . .

Rick

bhn22
10-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Okay, okay. I'll play... I'd take the 45 Colt, no nickel finish. Zombies and other parasites are drawn to bling, and I feel I'd live longer if I didn't have gun bling, or expensive tennis shoes.

Also, Zombies would never be caught dead in Washington. They're too honest about their intentions, plus they have standards. Besides, a zombie would never be able to get a decent meal in any large population area, only hors d' oeuvres. Who remembered the toothpicks?

10x
10-25-2013, 10:22 AM
We deal with our Zombies by voting them into political office. It gets them out of town. In Canada they are protected by law and supported by social programs....

btroj
10-25-2013, 10:29 AM
What are we going to do if there are zombie preppers? Zombies preparing for a day when SHTF and they can take over?

Don't say it can't happen because they don't have brains, look at prepper website for proof that brainless people can be preppers......

Love Life
10-25-2013, 10:54 AM
God help us all if that is true Btroj. If they ever get molle compatable pouches, then we are all doomed.

10x
10-25-2013, 10:55 AM
snip
How do I know this? I live 15 miles from idaho, where they give people a militia application when they buy beer.

I hope it is a "well regulated militia" as per the Second amendment. "well regulated" does mean trained in the context of the time the amendment was written.

waynem34
10-25-2013, 01:16 PM
I really like the knock down of the 250gr 45lc and blue finish is nice.Matter of fact my blued blackhawk with 6.5" barrel is one of my favorite plinking revolvers.I like the 44-40 too but dont own one nor have I shot one.I dont like the nickel finish.It contains copper IIRC and I have tons of solvent ,but just about all will dissolve copper.I use the breakfree on my nickle stuff.Hard to hide that bright nickle at night.If things where really rough, I would paint it black.As far as zombies and shtf goes.Its got to be a well thought out marketing sceme.Useing our fears against us.Its kinda fun for the kids too.Just my opinion.

Love Life
10-25-2013, 01:26 PM
I'm going nickel plated 44-40. That was decided before I started this thread.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for shiny stuff, "Reloader" calbers, and coolness.

I need some more Black powder. Me thinks it is time to do a group buy for the Nevada Area.

sparky45
10-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I think this country might well have a "zombie" population, at least by a marginal definition. There is approx. 49% on Welfare or some form of assistance and seemingly they only have a desire to feed and reproduce (zombies to that by feeding). Therefore, when the implosion occurs, the masses will search for "food" in less populated areas (somewhere around my property, ect ) and I must be ready for them to come. So, along with my brace of 45LC's and 44-40 Levergun, I have this:
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb351/glynnm1945/GsIphone029_zpsb0c51ee2.jpg (http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/glynnm1945/media/GsIphone029_zpsb0c51ee2.jpg.html)

Let the good times roll:p:p

Dale in Louisiana
10-25-2013, 02:09 PM
We deal with our Zombies by voting them into political office. It gets them out of town. In Canada they are protected by law and supported by social programs....

Ours are too...

dale in Louisiana
In cast SHTF, stop by the house. I'm handing out Mosin-Nagant 91/30's and 200 rounds of Iron Curtain surplus ammo to responsible parties)

Swamp Man
10-25-2013, 02:31 PM
I think it has a lot to do with people being so freaked out over this corrupt government we have. If things turn bad they believe the brain dead/welfare scum will try to take what they have. Truth be told if things turn bad and we must bug out all those large caliber guns and ammo will be useless to many. I'd rather have a few good small caliber rifles and lot of ammo for them for self-defense and air rifles/cross bows for food/critter getters. Just think about the man that has a few 50 cal rifles and ammo to drag around Vs the man that has a few 22LR rifles and ammo. Who can carry more ammo who has the lighter load and who can use their weapon for multiple uses?

sparkz
10-25-2013, 02:49 PM
I Guess if your ready for Zombies,,,, Not a lot your not ready for, hahahahaa

I like the o"l 12gaudge not many of anything ya cant put down and with the 45 at the ready well
"Dead Zombies"

hahahaha Zombies....

Tho as I think about it,,, I meet alot of "Zombies" most every day now Brain Dead Kunkleheads,,
esp; in DC...

Patrick

Love Life
10-25-2013, 03:08 PM
What if we have a The Zombie hits the fan (TZHTF) scenario and a poo apocalypse?

Nobody can prepare for that.

waynem34
10-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Stock pile Umbrellas and snow shovels comes to mind lol.

NSP64
10-25-2013, 03:13 PM
I prefer a 9mm or 40s&w hi cap in pistols and 5.56 or 308 win in rifles. All standard ammo.
Be it picking up dead HS,ICE,TSA,NATO,LEO , Military ammo or making my own, I am ready for insurection/SHTF,or Zombies

MBTcustom
10-25-2013, 03:25 PM
Me too! I'm a big fat guy. I could probably catch bullets for three guys the size of Lovelife......and I can shoot too!

popper
10-25-2013, 05:03 PM
This thread is great comedy, I'll not need to watch TV tonite. Sparky - love the graphics. IIRC the first zombie I saw was in a comic in the 50's. Wonder if they will eat tannerite laced deer corn. That would be fun. Did hear a preacher once say as people feel their situation becomes more dangerous they need a super-hero and a villain.

dagger dog
10-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I guess zombies mutate pretty fast, must be something in their genes, 'cause when I was a kid you didn't have to worry about being eaten by a zombie, you were worried you would be turned into a zombie and forced into enslavement working the rest of eternity in the mines.

With Boris Karloff as the zombie master at the end of the whip, it used to give me goose bumps when watching Curse of the Zombies at the Saturday matinee !

Smoke4320
10-25-2013, 05:50 PM
I am a 45 Colt kinda guy. I would actually prefer it over a 44-40 as the extra tiny bit of diameter would lead to a larger wound. If you want I can come up with lots of meaningless stats and pull other data from my **** to prove my point. I refuse to back down, concede that my data is bogus, or otherwise relent.

Guys, whatever you do, don't use reloads for killing zombies. Lawsuits will ensue and you will be hung out to dry because you intentionally used more lethal ammo. That is fact, I read it on the internet.

I do have a large stash of old, yet functioning, treadmills on hand. These will be wired such that when placed outside of doors the zombies will walk on them. By having the zombies walk on treadmills it moves the motor and will actually generate electricity for my home! I have a large stash of batteries in my "shelter" and will be able to function for quite a while off the grid.

as long as the treadmills will power my lead pots, coffee pot and electric skillet I'm all good

Lead Fred
10-25-2013, 06:19 PM
Yeah tho I walk though the valley of zombies, I fear not.
For my 45/70 comforts me, and I am the meanest **** in the valley!

Being Ive never shot the 44-40, or 45LC. I have to go with the 45/70.
The 45LC is a baby 45/70, so I guess that would be my choice.
I have all the stuff to reload them.

Besides, nothing says hello, Im a zombie killer like a 45!

uscra112
10-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I can't top any of you guys, so I'm going to slink away quietly and go load some more .357 magnum.

Uncle R.
10-25-2013, 07:12 PM
And here I am patiently waiting for some serious thread drift so I can complain that the country's going to the dogs.
<
Well - it IS you know.
:razz:
<
Hey - my 1000th post! I kinda wanted to save it for something special, but I guess it'll be about...
<
Zombies!
<
Already have a .44-40 lever gun and a .44-40 single action.
Both replicas but pretty nice anyway.
I guess for the sake of ammo commonality I'd go with the 44. After all when TSHTF and the gun barrels are getting hot from continuous zombie attacks it would be nice if I didn't have to stockpile or transport too many different kinds of ammo.
<
Uncle R.

Moondawg
10-25-2013, 08:28 PM
I guess the country is at a point where in the near future we are going to have on or the other, economic/political SHTF scenario, or a Zombie Apocalypse. I just hope it isn't both at the same time.

btroj
10-25-2013, 08:32 PM
What if we have a The Zombie hits the fan (TZHTF) scenario and a poo apocalypse?

Nobody can prepare for that.

If zombies hit the fan there may well be a poo apocalypse in my shorts

Love Life
10-25-2013, 08:39 PM
Long range precision TP? If you carry it in a MOLLE compatible pouch with Velcro closure, then you would be set.

Nothing says sneaking up on a position like the CRSHHHHHHHH of some diptard REMF who came along with the patrol opening his notepad pouch (those do exist).

btroj
10-25-2013, 08:44 PM
I own no MOLLE comparable anything.

I am about as untactical, unLRP, up prepper a guy as you will ever meet.

I am just some poor sap who enjoys shooting. When I say send it I mean I want a company to mail me a new item.

Love Life
10-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Oh great!! Now we have to drift into complaining about shipping costs!!

Sweetpea
10-25-2013, 08:53 PM
You guys friggin kill me...

I couldn't give a rat's posterior about zombies, and I don't know what MOLLE means...

But I do know if I needed to bug out, my .22 would go with me...

AND, my choice would be the 45... Nothin' says lovin' like a large wound:guntootsmiley:

btroj
10-25-2013, 09:07 PM
Oh great!! Now we have to drift into complaining about shipping costs!!

Only when Midway sends it.

I still think MOLLE is that cute girl next door. I like her and Velcro together.........

Love Life
10-25-2013, 09:59 PM
I don't know about mixing Velcro and women....

Might mean you've latched on to a sasquatch.

btroj
10-25-2013, 10:52 PM
I was speaking more of her clothing......

Sasquatch? Yuck. My daughter is dating a hairy guy, I keep telling her she needs to tell him to hurry up and finish evolving. He is a nice guy and dang smart so I tolerate the rest. Besides, I don't get a vote when she is away at college.

Frank46
10-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Well saturday is zombie day on the sci-fi channel and my daughter will have my truck. Zombie time. Frank

JakeBlanton
10-25-2013, 11:11 PM
Yea, but then you have to buy them expensive zombie targets. lol I think it was wallmart I saw them at. I couldn't fricken believe it.

Why should O'Bozo supporter targets be that much more expensive? It doesn't cost that much extra for the ink to put a free phone on the target, does it?

runfiverun
10-25-2013, 11:36 PM
wait how did sasquatch get into this ??
good lord, I don't check in for one day and this thread goes waay off kilter.

the 45 colt may have been a military caliber but the 44-40 made the west the west or the west the east sumthin like that.
it was packed on a daily basis and actually come in cowboy assault rifles unlike the copycat 45 colt which didn't make it into an assault lever gun until the latter 20th century.
and we all know we want an assault rifle when the zombies come, how dumb are we gonna look driving around in a convertible with an AK or an AR no class there I tell ya.

Garyshome
10-25-2013, 11:52 PM
Wishful thinking?

Love Life
10-25-2013, 11:55 PM
btroj mentioned Velcro and women. I made the logical connection to sasquatch, as a sasquatch (woman) would have more surface area of hair to Velcro to.

I wonder if they had one of those shoulder thingies that go up chambered in 44-40.

Garyshome
10-25-2013, 11:56 PM
Who are you all referring to when you say Zombie?

Love Life
10-25-2013, 11:57 PM
I'm not sure. I was thinking the brain eating undead.

I just had an epiphany. Smart phones are Zombies!!!

runfiverun
10-26-2013, 12:09 AM
zombie makers anyway.
I have seen people just walk right into things when on them.

now the shoulder thingie that flips up is a novel idea for a lever gun, a revolver too for that matter it would sure make tying it onto your elbows easier .
seriously the flippe thing might make the rpm's go up on the lever gun.
ohh I wonder if I can get an extended clip for my 44-40 and a speed loader dealie too.

starmac
10-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Is this a trick question???

MaryB
10-26-2013, 02:41 AM
Put a free phone on the target and some idiot leech will think it is real and get in the way. Leaving you a choice of chasing them off or shooting them...

Why should O'Bozo supporter targets be that much more expensive? It doesn't cost that much extra for the ink to put a free phone on the target, does it?

Swamp Man
10-26-2013, 04:51 AM

When I use the word Zombie I am most often referring to the braindead/freeloader Obamabots.

Swamp Man
10-26-2013, 04:58 AM
But I do know if I needed to bug out, my .22 would go with me...

22lr goes for sure seeings it's the most useable caliber weapon when it comes to bugging out.

btroj
10-26-2013, 06:44 AM
When I say zombies I mean ZOMBIES, the brain craving undead.

Now, I will say that most liberals are like zombies but they really don't qualify, they don't really crave brains, they are more like meth head hookers, they will do anything for your money.

NSP64
10-26-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the heads up Frank46, I will set the DVR.

NSP64
10-26-2013, 08:06 AM
22lr goes for sure seeings it's the most useable caliber weapon when it comes to bugging out.

usable if you have ammo. LOL

MBTcustom
10-26-2013, 08:06 AM
I need to make a lever gun that uses AK47 magazines. That would be a real hoot!

NSP64
10-26-2013, 08:11 AM
now that I would buy.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cause then you can use them pointy booooolits.

ShooterAZ
10-26-2013, 09:21 AM
My weapon of choice would be a kustom chrome plated machete. You could use it for both a shaving mirror (so no one will mistake you for a sasquatch) and a signal mirror. You could use it to reflect the sun into the zombies eyes, right before you dice them and slice them.

runfiverun
10-26-2013, 09:39 AM
tim if you can modify a model 95 Winchester to take ak magazines and to chamber the round I have a model 95 that would be an excellent candidate.
in fact I have been looking for something to use up these 1,000 pieces of x39 brass I have kicking around the basement in.

HA the worlds first tactical model 1895 Winchester assault submachinelevergun.
a 20" barrel and the bobbed butstock [better yet a slider ala the M-4] it has now would make it a pretty decent CQB gun if you can solder a bayonet lug on, and add a flash hider thingie.
it's already D&T for a side mount lazer so I could have a dual sighting system set up.

btroj
10-26-2013, 09:48 AM
But it would need a plastic stock, some rails, and an overall black color. That would make it tacticool!

Love Life
10-26-2013, 10:26 AM
Naw man. Coat it flat dark earth so it is long range precision.

popper
10-26-2013, 11:04 AM
Btroj Get him to try this http://www.youtube.com/embed/z9pD_UK6vGU.

perotter
10-26-2013, 11:48 AM
I do not know where the Zombie thing got started.

It started in California about 20+ years ago when the economy got bad enough that a 2 income household couldn't make ends meet. At that point one or both had to work an additional job or jobs. Those that had to work 2 full time jobs or 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs came to be referred to as as 'zombies'.

The reason for that reference was because of work schedule over time lead to them not having time for rest and/or time for thought(etc). At that point they acted like mindless 'zombies'.

One of the 1st places I know of that used the word this way was a film by James Riffel(I think) in his redub of a old zombie movie.

FWIW:

I'd most likely get the 45 Colt for my own practical reasons. But as I don't have anything in .44, I could sing 'Back in the Saddle Again' as written on my way to the shooting range. Now I have to substitute 44 with 45.

As far as it being so popular about the choice having to do with zombies of SHTF, as other have posted - people know something is wrong. The established powers not only refuse to fix the problem, they make the problems worse. The survival instinct in people is strong and they will think about what they can do that might help to survive.

Hamish
10-26-2013, 12:08 PM
The ultimate zombie gun, you may have never heard of,,,,

http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/american-10-e.html

http://www.american180.com/am180/articles/gun10-83.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=erQDtZ6ozXI

sparky45
10-26-2013, 12:34 PM
Wow! Sign me up for one of those.

JakeBlanton
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
The ultimate zombie gun, you may have never heard of,,,,

http://world.guns.ru/smg/usa/american-10-e.html

http://www.american180.com/am180/articles/gun10-83.html

4 minutes to load the magazine and 12 seconds to unload it? Not really that practical.

Swamp Man
10-26-2013, 01:09 PM
usable if you have ammo. LOL

I have ammo for mine. I think things may be getting better for 22lr ammo. My brother found some at the LGS Wednesday I found/bought some yesterday and my wife just called and told me she just bought me 6 boxes of CCI Stingers. I had a few bricks stashed already so I'm setting pretty well on 22Lr ammo right now. :)

Dale in Louisiana
10-26-2013, 01:31 PM
4 minutes to load the magazine and 12 seconds to unload it? Not really that practical.

That's life with those magazines. I learned in 1969 that there's no fast way to load ten thirty-round magazines for an M3A1 submachine gun., even with that nifty 'loader' that's built onto the wire stock.

dale in Louisiana

starmac
10-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I liked the line that claimed it would be great for hunting and plinking. lol I would rather have a single shot.lol
I also liked the prices, back in their day you would have had to have been pretty well heeled to even get the glint in your eye. lol

Crash_Corrigan
10-26-2013, 02:46 PM
You can keep your 44-40's and .45 Colts for close in last ditch fighting. I prefer my Sig Sauer SP 2022 in 9mm. With 17 round magazines and my stash of 3,000 rounds which can be replaced pretty quick with my Dillon XL 650 Press I am pretty much set for any scenario. I can put out more rounds, more accurately and with less weight than any of the big bore stuff.

I have two .44 Special revolvers, a .45 ACP 1911, 357 Revolver, 9mm Revolver, .38 Revolver, three 9mm Pistols and a bunch of rifles and shotguns. There is much too much to be lugging around so I will be making my last stand in the Barrio of Las Vegas surrounded by my illegal immigrant friends who are also well armed as many of them are in the drug business.

With COPD, Asthma, high blood pressure and being 80 lbs overweight I can not get around the way I used to so I am a mean fighting machine. So along with my attack trained Chihuahua/Dauschund "Sgt. Rambo" and my bird predator cat "Boy George" and my ninja companion the red blooded Indian MaryJane Whiteturkey we will make short work of any invaders foolish enough to try to invade our seniors only tin trailer encampment.

Now when is that social security check coming in?

Hamish
10-26-2013, 03:16 PM

Practical? I was unaware that "practical" was on the parameters list. But, I can't help but feel that it's the penultimate zombie battle rifle .(except it needs a MN M44 bayonet system)

As far as the ammo, the joker that comes up with a 100% reliable set up to mexican match FMJ onto 22LR, will be set for ultra lightweight plus good penetration of the zombified brain matter,,,,

You could just buy an upper and magazine for the AR:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2007/11/06/am15-full-auto-22lr-m16-upper-receiver-with-220-round-drum/

btroj
10-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Practical and zombie defense don't belong together. If, or rather when, I am attacked by zombies I prefer the least practical, most awesome, weapon I can find.

Come on guys, these are zombies. Do you really think a century old revolver is going to work?

Love Life
10-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Daggone right a century year old revolver would work. Easy reloads, cool looking, great for pistol whipping, etc.

Ya'll can get all tacticool if you want, but I'm fighting Zombies Wyatt Earp style!

btroj
10-26-2013, 03:51 PM
That only works on 19th century zombies.

Modern, 21 st century zombies, require far more than a 44 cal lead slug. These things need major league killing, portable artillery type stuff.

You want to just piss them off then go for it, I plan to kill them. Nothing less than a 44 mag for me.

Love Life
10-26-2013, 03:52 PM
44-40 with the holy black for me. After I shoot 5 of them, I can hide in the smoke.

btroj
10-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Is that tactical smoke or LRP smoke?

Love Life
10-26-2013, 04:18 PM
Tactical because it provides concealment.

btroj
10-26-2013, 04:25 PM
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/image_zpsf63d1e03.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/image_zpsf63d1e03.jpg.html)

Do you really think a BP cartridge can kill that?

Love Life
10-26-2013, 04:27 PM
If I shoot it close enough it might even catch it on fire!

runfiverun
10-26-2013, 10:04 PM
great now we got zombies, sasquatch, and a "flaming" [umm literally it's a mascot] cat err,, kitty.
you might wanna get a gatling gun in 44-40.

Garyshome
10-26-2013, 10:58 PM
That claymore looks pretty good Love Life. Got any extras? I think I'll just get s couple of gators and spread them around and go watch the game.

Love Life
10-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I just hope the zombie apocalypse doesn't happen right in the middle of a game of Edward 40 hands.

btroj
10-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Not familiar with that game, must be a military camp kind of thing..........

Love Life
10-26-2013, 11:14 PM
It's where you duct tape a 40 oz beer in each hand and they can't be removed until empty. Wear sweat pants and leave a pinky free to hold your smoke.

btroj
10-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Sounds fun except I don't smoke.

What would you guys use on a Zombie Godzilla?

Love Life
10-26-2013, 11:17 PM
Abrams Tank and Javelin missiles.

btroj
10-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Are those LRP?

jmort
10-26-2013, 11:29 PM
"Abrams Tank and Javelin missiles"

I'm surprised you would not pick a Claymore mine, and a TOW.
On Second thought a Claymore and a Javelin make sense.

Love Life
10-26-2013, 11:32 PM
If I'm fighting Godzilla I want a tank and a fire and forget weapon system.

runfiverun
10-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Godzilla doesn't respond to tank fire.
i'd have to call in an airstrike by mothra or king koura. [the three headed dragon that was only stopped by going back in time and killing him as an infant]
jeez kids.
and no batman can't stop Godzilla either so he ain't so super of a hero is he.

Love Life
10-27-2013, 12:20 AM
I am well versed on my Godzilla-fu. I did not know we could call I airstrikes from Mothra.

MBTcustom
10-27-2013, 06:18 AM
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/image_zpsf63d1e03.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/image_zpsf63d1e03.jpg.html)

Do you really think a BP cartridge can kill that?

I can speak intelligently about how to destroy this particular adversary. You see, my eldest sister is named Kitty, and that provided me an unending stream of these of all shapes and sizes, with which to practice on.
Based on my unique experience, I can tell you that napalm will be the most effective deterrent.
(Lighter fluid will work in a pinch ;))

btroj
10-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Tim, I would call in backup against Zombie kitty.

My first choice would be......

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/image_zpse52e9c11.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/image_zpse52e9c11.jpg.html)

cbrick
10-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Zombie kitty on the offensive . . .

btroj
10-27-2013, 08:28 AM
Ok Rick, you win. For now.

btroj
10-27-2013, 08:31 AM
LL, I found your LRP kitty playing in the snow. Can she come home?

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/image_zpsbfed8cbc.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/image_zpsbfed8cbc.jpg.html)

MBTcustom
10-27-2013, 10:09 AM
I want 10 #151's in the front yard, and 3 #153's on the roof and in the trees.
My own "cattical" unit.
Could it be that mankind has finally discovered a use for the common house cat (other than for general target practice)?

btroj
10-27-2013, 10:28 AM
Those aren't common house cats, those are trained killers.

runfiverun
10-27-2013, 10:44 AM
Face/Palm...

btroj
10-27-2013, 10:54 AM
Thread/drift

MBTcustom
10-27-2013, 11:07 AM
Howbout them zombies?

Love Life
10-27-2013, 11:55 AM
All cats are stone cold killers. They can't be trusted...ever.

preparehandbook
10-27-2013, 01:25 PM
But they are chock full of cat meat

Love Life
10-27-2013, 01:28 PM
Ewwwww.

btroj
10-27-2013, 02:46 PM
You don't, well, never mind.....

preparehandbook
10-27-2013, 03:58 PM
this is why my cat is named "dinner cat"

Garyshome
10-27-2013, 04:21 PM
I would rather have the Colt SAA in 44-40 with nickel finish. But only in an NON-SHTF scenario.

hiram1
10-27-2013, 07:59 PM
I would pick up my 45 1911 and go to town

Hamish
10-27-2013, 08:19 PM
Mmmmm,,,,,,cat brains,,,,,,,,,,

starmac
10-27-2013, 08:51 PM
The imagination in this thread is amazing. I hope. lol

btroj
10-27-2013, 08:53 PM
I suppose I should ask the question nobody else has asked of the OP.

Why not? What is wrong with a good discussion of zombies or SHTF? Preppers need something to talk about too. Not everyone is an LRP dude.

RoyEllis
10-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Mmmmm,,,,,,cat brains,,,,,,,,,,

Ain't tried any of dem.....have eaten BBQ cat though, not too bad either.:bigsmyl2:

Guess now the thread has drifted from SHTF to CHTF(cat hits the fire).

Love Life
10-27-2013, 08:59 PM
Well played.

I thought it funny because I was debating the different revolvers/calibers with thoughts of waking up on a cool Nevada morning, in Risue Canyon, and strapping on a trusty piece of history to keep me safe in my searches for cool stuff and that elusive gold flake.

I just could not grasp how the revolvers/calibers in question could even be linked to TSHTF or Zombies. It boggled my mind.

Now if I were asking which AR and caliber to get then I would understand.

btroj
10-27-2013, 09:04 PM
The ability of some people to argue over silly topics isn't to be taken lightly. Those are the people gun manufacturers are depending upon for income.

I view firearms as similar to fishing lures- don't have to catch fish, just fishermen.

BNE
10-27-2013, 09:06 PM
LEVER ACTION for me.

runfiverun
10-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I dunno I thought we had a really valid discussion going.
by valid discussion I mean amusing ourselves.
btw blackout is on tonight but there are no "zombies" in it from what I understand.

Love Life
10-27-2013, 09:12 PM
I wonder if I can get that show on Netflix.

NSP64
10-27-2013, 09:14 PM
My taktykool 24/7 in 9mm has a nice rail to mount a bayonet.

btroj
10-27-2013, 09:18 PM
I dunno I thought we had a really valid discussion going.
by valid discussion I mean amusing ourselves.
btw blackout is on tonight but there are no "zombies" in it from what I understand.

If we can't have some fun in life then what good are we? Lord knows the political scene these days leaves us needing a bit of an escape.

This type of discussion stimulates the mind- it makes me want to come up with something more outlandish than Run and that is no small challenge.

geargnasher
10-27-2013, 10:03 PM
I had some cat'n'egg burritos for breakfast in a Mexican border town once, tasted pretty good. 'Course I was still drunk from the night before.....

Gear

Love Life
10-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Sometimes it's fun to talk about...well...nothing.

Digger
10-27-2013, 10:07 PM
;)There ya go Love Life ..... you got it.
Just so it isn't to big to kneel down to pan gold with .....

btroj
10-27-2013, 10:09 PM
I had some cat'n'egg burritos for breakfast in a Mexican border town once, tasted pretty good. 'Course I was still drunk from the night before.....

Gear

Once?

sparky45
10-27-2013, 10:27 PM
I actually had mine twice, once. I know I was still drunk.

JakeBlanton
10-27-2013, 10:35 PM
Did anyone catch the recent Mythbusters episode about whether a firearm or an axe would be better for when you are attacked by a mob of zombies? In *their* tests, the axe resulted in more kills. Of course, we could easily debate the validity of their test conditions. For one, they were using a paintball gun in single shot mode and there was a noticeable delay between each shot.

btroj
10-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Does a traditional lube bullet work better or worse than a coated one?

jaystuw
10-27-2013, 11:26 PM
jakeblanton,That is an interesting thought. Whats it take to kill a zombie anyway? Don't they need to be shot in the head? If you beat up their body enough, would that work too? With stand off distance, nothing beats a well handled gun. But up close, I don't know. Maybe something like a sword would be best, something like a Albion battle sword! Anyone of the medieval oakeshott types would do. They are fearsome weapons and combined with medieval tactics like targeting the legs might give a guy a commanding advantage over a number of zombies in close combat. Jay

Crytes
10-28-2013, 12:28 AM
45 in one hand and broadsword in the other one of them has to do the trick.

jaystuw
10-28-2013, 12:33 AM
The best of both worlds! jay

Love Life
10-28-2013, 12:36 AM
A pistol with a bayonet!!

JakeBlanton
10-28-2013, 02:40 AM
jakeblanton,That is an interesting thought. Whats it take to kill a zombie anyway? Don't they need to be shot in the head? If you beat up their body enough, would that work too? With stand off distance, nothing beats a well handled gun. But up close, I don't know. Maybe something like a sword would be best, something like a Albion battle sword! Anyone of the medieval oakeshott types would do. They are fearsome weapons and combined with medieval tactics like targeting the legs might give a guy a commanding advantage over a number of zombies in close combat.

The assumption that the Mythbusters episode was going with was that it took head damage to kill a zombie, so either a bullet in the head or an axe to the head. For the axe, they created this rather large foam battle axe with a paint bladder that made the leading edge of the axe head into a very large foam paint brush. I noticed that the axe handle was drilled out with quite a few lightening holes also. Adam was just barely touching the zombie extras with the foam axe head -- definitely not enough force to put a axe blade through a skull. I think that was one of the reasons that he was able to "vanquish" more zombies before being overcome than Jammie when he used the paintball gun. A real axe which would have had more resistance in withdrawing from a skull would have slowed him down. I would estimate a good 3 seconds between shots with the paintball gun.

From a practical standpoint though, what it really showed is that with a large enough opposing force, it would be possible to overrun a single person even at a slow walking pace if you don't care about casualties. A person can only carry so many magazines and when you are shooting faster than your could reload the magazines anyway, you are in a pretty bad situation. :)

starmac
10-28-2013, 03:12 AM
LOLI knew there was a reason I didn't watch myth busters, or much of anything else really. lol

JakeBlanton
10-28-2013, 03:51 AM
LOLI knew there was a reason I didn't watch myth busters, or much of anything else really. lol

Well, it's not something that I will go out of my way to watch, but if I happen to stumble across it while trying to find *something* worth watching, I'll watch it. Sometimes they have episodes that do not have any gaping holes in their science. Other times, I just find myself yelling at the TV telling them how stupid they are. Usually that is when the show relates to firearms. But, you have to take into account that they are all located in the Bay Area of California, it's really not that surprising that they know very little about firearms. I remember on one of the episodes where they were claiming that the .45ACP was more powerful than the .44mag. That was the episode with the merry-go-round and they also failed to understand that it is not the kinetic energy of the bullet that would slow the rotation of the merry-go-round, but rather the momentum. Any first year physics course would teach you that kinetic energy is not conserved in a collision of two objects, but momentum is conserved.

starmac
10-28-2013, 04:29 AM
LOL My wife has been out of thestate for a month, the tv was never turned on while she was gone. lol
I have never watched much tv, but I watched it more when we had rabbit ears and 3 channels than I do now. lol

gmsharps
10-28-2013, 05:21 AM
I kinda liked the Military History, History or Discovery channels when they are available.

gmsharps

MBTcustom
10-28-2013, 06:47 AM
From a practical standpoint though, what it really showed is that with a large enough opposing force, it would be possible to overrun a single person even at a slow walking pace if you don't care about casualties. A person can only carry so many magazines and when you are shooting faster than your could reload the magazines anyway, you are in a pretty bad situation. :)

Not to make this drift political, but I can't help thinking that you pretty much nailed what the government thinks of us. Think about it, us lousy stupid americans outnumber them 500-1. The country was set up to allow anarchy to happen at any time. If such a thing did happen, there would be converts being made all the time.
I'll just bet that the politicians in washington think of themselves as normal people in a sea of zombies. As I watch their actions, I really wonder if they actually think so little of their constituents.
......Keep the zombies happy enough not to attack!!!........ LOL!

btroj
10-28-2013, 07:02 AM
See, zombie discussions are practical! Even if some wet blanket had to throw logic and reason into our discussion.[smilie=b:

I don't watch myth busters, too much bad methodology.

Just so you guys know, I cast 1500 bullets for 38/9mm yesterday. Got em all coated, just need to size em. My anti-zombie ammo supply is growing by leaps and bounds! I just hope these are big enough to kill em.

Love Life
10-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Not only is your supply growing, but it is cleaner!!!

JakeBlanton
10-28-2013, 03:24 PM
I don't watch myth busters, too much bad methodology.

Which, come to think of it, probably IS the reason that I watch it -- so I can yell at the TV and tell them that they are idiots. So much better for my blood pressure than yelling at the leftist idiots on TV and telling them that *they* are idiots.

btroj
10-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Not only is your supply growing, but it is cleaner!!!

That it is! My guns are cleaner too. I like that.

gray wolf
10-28-2013, 07:12 PM
What would Burt Gummer use ?

Garyshome
10-28-2013, 07:53 PM
How about a cat dozier! No casting or reloading involved. Zombies move kind of slow right?

Garyshome
10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Fire up that cat, just set the cruise put on my I pod and some Yanni music, and open a bottle of wine [ I hate wine], oh and don't forget the safety glasses.

preparehandbook
10-28-2013, 08:39 PM
Now if I were asking which AR and caliber to get then I would understand.

It's spelled "AK" and the chambering should be 7.62 x 39 or 12 gauge.

preparehandbook
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
Which, come to think of it, probably IS the reason that I watch it -- so I can yell at the TV and tell them that they are idiots. So much better for my blood pressure than yelling at the leftist idiots on TV and telling them that *they* are idiots.

I used to have come friends that worked on that show when I lived in california.

It is a scripted show like any other, no experiments, no unplanned results. The two actors are special effects guys, so they like special effects.

In the first season they learned the valuable lesson that performing an "experiment" obviously wrong, or getting "results" that are wrong gets people pissed and..... boosts ratings,

SO now they plan their shows to be just wrong enough to catch people's interest.

preparehandbook
10-28-2013, 08:48 PM
This is my zombie weapon of choice:

Dermestid beetles!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dermestidae

release them everywhere and soon, no more zombies. When you have an icy road you spread salt, you don't attack it with a hatchet.

geargnasher
10-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Brad, they won't work unless the PC is green.

The stuff I'm sending you is green also, should be good to go for zombies of any kind.

Gear

Crytes
10-28-2013, 09:30 PM
but then you got skeletons walking around and how the hell do you kill those! At least zombies are a known.

starmac
10-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Proof that you can kill zombies.

http://ktla.com/2013/10/28/man-shot-in-yorba-linda-was-hallucinating-talking-about-zombies/#axzz2j3GpBLEV

btroj
10-28-2013, 09:58 PM
Brad, they won't work unless the PC is green.

The stuff I'm sending you is green also, should be good to go for zombies of any kind.

Gear

I am envious.

My coating is copper colored, zombies are safe. Dang

Love Life
10-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Good question on the skeleton issue. I guess the best way to combat them is to break off their arms and legs.

btroj
10-28-2013, 10:21 PM
Do dermestid beetles eat undead flesh? I ain't testing that one out!

This is creeping me out, I want my mummy......

Love Life
10-28-2013, 10:28 PM
The skeletons are bone-a-fide.

btroj
10-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Know what we need to get to the bottom of this.

We need the Mystery Machine. Fred would know what to do and Velma is easy on the eyes.

Love Life
10-28-2013, 10:49 PM
I'd rather have Daphne. She's a bit more hip and seems more "adventurous" to me.

gspgundog
10-28-2013, 10:59 PM
Colt SAA and a Winchester 73 both in 44-40 would be way cool. Of course a .54 cal Hawken Plaines rifle and plains pistol, tomahawk and bowie knife would be fun for the slower days. When you need a little exercise.

btroj
10-28-2013, 11:05 PM
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/image_zps4cc1f30d.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/image_zps4cc1f30d.jpg.html)

These guys are familiar with all sorts of monsters, creepy dudes, undead, and who knows what. We should ask them.

Love Life
10-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Hey! What stick in the mud gave this thread a 1 star rating?

HAHA!! I voted 5 stars bumping this up to a 3 star rated thread. Neener, neener, neener!

MBTcustom
10-28-2013, 11:26 PM
A zombie lover.

preparehandbook
10-29-2013, 01:00 AM
Do dermestid beetles eat undead flesh? I ain't testing that one out!

This is creeping me out, I want my mummy......

That's all they eat

jaystuw
10-29-2013, 01:30 AM
That's all they eat

Ok, I can't help but ask, are they yours? and if so, do they make good pets? (just kidding). But really, What do you use those little guys for? Jay

starmac
10-29-2013, 01:48 AM
Cleaning skulls...

MBTcustom
10-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Cleaning skulls...

What an awesome answer.
That's got to be the best part of owning flesh eating beetles. That magic moment when somebody gets to ask you why you have such a thing!
I'll just bet you usually answer with a wry grin.....then just walk away. LOL! Awesome!

btroj
10-29-2013, 07:45 AM
That's all they eat

No, they eat dead flesh. Zombies are undead, not the same. Can dermestid beetles tell the difference?

Hmmm, do zombies have maggots? That would answer that question.

runfiverun
10-29-2013, 12:33 PM
never seen a zombie with maggots, I have seen some with horrible powder type make-up but no maggots.
I have seen them with the bite marks from the other zombies which would have been dead flesh but apparently turned into undead flesh a few minutes later. [hellidon'tknow]
is there a rule book somewhere?

oh burt gomer would want full auto preferably belt fed I've heard him say so. :lol:
hmm a pair of belt fed full auto's in 44-40 would be just right to mount on a pedestal in the middle of the convertible.
enough range to make it to the end of the block, low powder usage, bottle neck for easy feeding, black powder capable, a rim for extraction ease....

btroj
10-29-2013, 01:12 PM
If maggots won't eat a zombie I doubt dermestid nettles would.

I don't know if a Zombie rule book exists. Any teenagers on here?

Mal Paso
10-29-2013, 02:12 PM
The Movie Zombieland has a pretty good tutorial, downside Bill Murray dies.

Whats everyone using for test media?

JakeBlanton
10-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Zombie New Story (http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/10/29/intruder-ranting-about-zombies-shot-dead-by-homeowner)

Intruder Ranting About Zombies Shot Dead By Homeowner In California

On Saturday he was behaving bizarrely.

On Sunday he was dead.

Paul Michael Bracamontes, who was 22, was said to have been ranting about zombies at a party Saturday night, and to have been hallucinating, according to the Los Angeles Times.

On Sunday at 3:15 a.m., he allegedly somehow ended up in the backyard of a Yorba Linda, California home and screamed. A man who lived in the house yelled at Bracamontes; the man’s wife called police.

Bracamontes broke a glass door and entered, and the homeowner shot him, the Times quoted a law enforcement authority as saying.

It is unclear how many times the husband shot Bracamontes.

The intruder’s relatives told police that he had been making nonsensical statements about zombies at a party on Saturday, and also spoke about wanting a gun, the newspaper said.

The Yorba Linda couple did not know Bracamontes.

Bracamontes had been charged with public intoxication in January, but that case was dropped, according to the Times.

No word on whether it was a head shot or not.

runfiverun
10-29-2013, 04:43 PM
I thought the bill murray shooting was the biggest highlight of the movie. :lol:
hmm, no head shot no dead zombie i'm told.

bhn22
10-29-2013, 05:46 PM
Zombie New Story (http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/10/29/intruder-ranting-about-zombies-shot-dead-by-homeowner)

No word on whether it was a head shot or not.

I'll bet he wasn't even a real zombie, just an amateur imposter!

starmac
10-29-2013, 09:25 PM
Me thinks he was as close to being a real one as he is ever going to get.

Idaho Mule
10-29-2013, 10:00 PM
Holy Smokes!!! I guess I should have been paying attention to this. Is the invasion bad?? How bad?? Is North Idaho affected?? Head shots only?? I gotta load more boolits. JW

Love Life
10-29-2013, 10:03 PM
Idaho is still safe. The south east is lost to us.

runfiverun
10-29-2013, 10:14 PM
I think the zombie's would give Idaho a pretty wide berth or would be well advised to.
I ain't the only one in town with the capability to finish off a whole town full of zombies twice or four-five times if necessary.
I think zombies equals fed's in many areas of the state too.

Jeffrey
10-30-2013, 12:11 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this thread, and have come to this conclusion. "Zombies" are the federal government. They can't be reasoned with, they attack in overwhelming numbers, and there is no getting away from them. The SHTF scenario is what follows when the zombies go to rot. The only thing that is, so far, not being anticipated, is China. If / when we go to anarchy, China is going to collect on the Fed's debt - in the form of land.

Love Life
10-30-2013, 12:15 PM
I look at the welfare kings and queens of the southeast...heck the whole east coast as the zombie population.

btroj
10-30-2013, 06:02 PM
East and west coasts are ripe for the zombie picking. Not many armed or self defense oriented people and tons of morons crowded into a small place.

Nebraska will do well, we have lots of free space with more cows than people. Now zombie cows, Nebraska is screwed.

Garyshome
10-30-2013, 06:05 PM
Well i guess it has to come down to something and TSHTF [WROL] is as good as anything

Garyshome
10-30-2013, 06:06 PM
You all need to live next to an army base like me. Unless they all turn into zombies. Then it will be TSHTF for me and the wife.

smokeywolf
11-01-2013, 12:08 AM
I think zombies equals fed's in many areas of the state too.

Military personnel excepted, I think comparing zombies to feds is giving zombies a bad rap.

smokeywolf

Garyshome
11-01-2013, 12:29 AM
Hey I live in the south east, watch it there! Last I checked I wasn't lost!

preparehandbook
11-01-2013, 11:04 AM
I will try and get a photo of a real zombie and post it here.

Here ya go.....

sparky45
11-01-2013, 11:10 AM
What a skank!

JakeBlanton
11-01-2013, 11:25 AM
What a skank!

Considering the fact that she is a Zero supporter, I would have to say that she gives skanks a bad name.

Love Life
11-01-2013, 12:35 PM
I'd still give her an all expense paid trip to pound town. I just wouldn't tell my friends.

runfiverun
11-01-2013, 03:56 PM
if you wear that hat and sombrero on the drive there, I wouldn't tell no one either.
love the fiesta amigo look b,t,w,

btroj
11-01-2013, 04:02 PM
I'd still give her an all expense paid trip to pound town. I just wouldn't tell my friends.

I would tell your friends, I'm that kind of guy!

Make sure to start antibiotics ahead of time, you will need them.

Just Duke
11-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Insert face palm here.

For his information there are no Zombies, Vampire's, Werewolves, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or honest politicians.

btroj
11-01-2013, 04:22 PM
For his information there are no Zombies, Vampire's, Werewolves, Santa Clause Easter Bunny or honest politicians.

What a total buzz kill.

Without hypothetical or fictional bad guy we are left with only reality and real evil to fight against. That gets pretty old pretty fast. We need the release that comes from arguing over killing zombies.

I will give you one thing, honest politicians are just too out there to be considered. Even Santa Claus doesn't believe in them.

starmac
11-01-2013, 05:46 PM
There are actually real live werewolves. I saw two of them with my own eyes(sober) and then saw them several months later on Ripleys believe it or not. They are from a South American country and their last name is Wolf. lol

Smoke4320
11-01-2013, 05:53 PM

because its not really scary to talk about "the night of the killer fawns !!!"

preparehandbook
11-03-2013, 05:56 PM
For his information there are no Zombies, Vampire's, Werewolves, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or honest politicians.

I agree with there being no werewolves and santa clause.

Haitian style zombies (not undead, but chemically brainwashed) are a fairly well explored concept.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/strange-creatures/zombie1.htm

As to vampires... Many species have predatory mimic species that live or move among them. It's not so hard to imagine a similar situation with humans. Not saying it's true, but hardly impossible.