PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Boothville , L.A.

alrighty
10-24-2013, 12:13 PM
I am heading there in a few days to do some fishing.Any members here know of good places to visit while I am there.Are there any interesting sites , local gun shops,sporting goods stores,or restaurants that are must see? Thanks
I will be fishing for reds and specks.

Joe504
10-24-2013, 01:11 PM
It's La, not L.A. :)

I live about an hour away close to New Orleans, but I am a bit of a hermit, so I don't have much info on shops. If your coming from the west, you will drive past Cabellas right out side of Baton Rouge on I-10

TheCelt
10-24-2013, 01:16 PM
Go see the WWII museum in New Orleans, it is worth your time. I worked for years in Venice, LA (the end of the road) and there's an old fort on the River not far from Boothville that is a great historical landmark. Other than that I can't think of anything else south of Gretna.

alrighty
10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
Go see the WWII museum in New Orleans, it is worth your time. I worked for years in Venice, LA (the end of the road) and there's an old fort on the River not far from Boothville that is a great historical landmark. Other than that I can't think of anything else south of Gretna.
Thank you , the fort and museum sounds great.

brtelec
10-24-2013, 11:36 PM
There is not much around Boothville. After you leave Belle Chase heading down Belle Chase Highway there is not much the rest of the way down there. The company I work for actually is right on Belle Chase hwy. All the good stuff is in New Orleans.

alrighty
10-25-2013, 11:08 AM
There is not much around Boothville. After you leave Belle Chase heading down Belle Chase Highway there is not much the rest of the way down there. The company I work for actually is right on Belle Chase hwy. All the good stuff is in New Orleans.
Looking at online maps of the area I thought that the area should have some historical sites.I am happy to find out there is a fort to check out.I was also hoping to run across a small local gun shop or two along the way.I will probably go into New Orleans to check out the WWII museum and a gun shop.Most time I am a hermit by nature and tend to avoid large crowds or crowded places like the plague.
I will also have to find a tackle shop , I have never fished for any inland species.I purchased three Penn Spinfisher SSV spinning reels for the trip but I still need to outfit the new reels with rods.I hate ordering 7' plus length rods and having them shipped.
I also will need to hit a fish market before I leave.I hope to have my marine cooler full of fish but I must pick up some fresh shrimp and oysters to bring home.

w5pv
10-25-2013, 12:17 PM
If you are driving in from the West try to avoid the squeeze at Baton Rouge from around 4 O'clock to six.The traffic is a killer on I-10 and I-12.Also observe the speed limits on the Bridges over the Atchfalaya Basin.They likes the speeders.

Dale in Louisiana
10-25-2013, 02:10 PM
Ain't no good eatin' in Louisiana. Trust me. find an Applebee's!

dale in Louisiana
(sarcasm is an art form)

TheCelt
10-25-2013, 04:56 PM
Dale, I was 155lbs drippin wet when I went to work in LA. After my share of Cajun cuisine I left at 225lbs!!! (took a few years)