PDA

View Full Version : Bear on a hot tin roof.....

AlaskanGuy
10-20-2013, 03:53 PM
This dang Idiot was taking a nap on a neighbor's roof after a week for raping and pillaging through town.... Sorry to say, his days were numbered, and he now sleeps with the fishes..... Everybody in town tried to show him the error of his ways.. Happens every year... a few bad apples spoil it for all trash eating bears.. :Fire:

Janoosh
10-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Waiting for the gun season to open here in NY...my friend wants a nuisance bear taken care of... he's been raiding garbage cans...the bear, ....not my friend,...... but sometimes I'm not so sure...

waynem34
10-20-2013, 04:58 PM
Oh boy.Who ever took that picture.Was pretty close looks like.

AlaskanGuy
10-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Yup... Very close.. Big surprise... The bear could have cared less... That is the walkway roof between 2 buildings. Right out in the open.. Dang bear was asking for trouble... When a bear becomes this habitualized, there is always trouble.. And somebody could get hurt... Better it is the bear....

waynem34
10-20-2013, 05:31 PM
So you shot it twice?Once with the camera? and then for real. Black bear will eat you. Griz will kill you too but ive seen better chance of survival with the griz ya good but black bear will kill you quiker. YMMV

AlaskanGuy
10-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I didn't shoot it.... One of the neighbors did....

KCSO
10-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Plenty good eating there and bullet lube to boot!

JakeBlanton
10-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Too bad they're not smart enough that we could just come to an agreement with -- you keep quiet, don't make a mess, and don't leave your scat anywhere I might step and we'll get along just fine.

Come to think of it, that's kind of like teenagers, isn't it? :)

Rattlesnake Charlie
10-21-2013, 12:59 PM
Eating a bear that has been eating your garbage. Sounds like excellent recycling to me. I bet the green-weenies would just love it.

starmac
10-21-2013, 01:44 PM
The garbage wouldn't be as bad as fish, and he was probably a little fishy. Did they at least get to keep the rug. lol

drinks
10-21-2013, 03:05 PM
Friends in AK have told me, spring bears eat ok, but , if they get any fish during the salmon run they are good only for rugs.

starmac
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
It all depends on the area and the available food source. Alaska has strict salvage laws on all animals killed. You do not have to salvage the meat of a grizzly anywhere That I know of, but you do a black bear except for certain times of the years in a few units that they regularly dine on fish, those you have to salvage the hide.

AlaskanGuy
10-21-2013, 03:34 PM
The rule in our part of the woods is, you must salvage ALL available meat up until june 1st. Then you don't have to.. But spring blackie is awesome... I once had a friend that took a 9 ft brownie right on a salmon spawning stream... Had the whole thing made into bear bacon and it was awesome... Still have a couple packages in the freezer.. The trick is, when salvaging fishy bear meat is to carefully trim every single bit of fat off the meat.. Then it is pretty ok to be made into jerky or ground up with pork fat and such.

JakeBlanton
10-21-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm thinking that if you could just reach an agreement with him, it would be pretty useful to keep him around for those pesky Jehovah Witness and other such solicitor type of people. :)

starmac
10-21-2013, 04:09 PM
We had a guy try that TIMOTHY TREADWELL, he found you can't get out of these types of agreements.

AlaskanGuy
10-21-2013, 04:22 PM
Treadwell got killed cuz he was crappin on the bears front porch... :P

RugerFan
10-22-2013, 02:47 PM
It all depends on the area and the available food source. Alaska has strict salvage laws on all animals killed. You do not have to salvage the meat of a grizzly anywhere That I know of, but you do a black bear except for certain times of the years in a few units that they regularly dine on fish, those you have to salvage the hide.

Actually you do have to salvage the meat of a grizzly taken over bait or on a subsistence tag. Page 28 of the regs.

JakeBlanton
10-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Treadwell got killed cuz he was crappin on the bears front porch... :P

I thought it was because he had some new neighbors move in and they weren't aware of his previous arrangement? :)

starmac
10-22-2013, 03:02 PM
Actually you do have to salvage the meat of a grizzly taken over bait or on a subsistence tag. Page 28 of the regs.

I haven't read that, But it makes sense, as far as I know this was the first year a grizzly could be taken over bait, and only in a few places at that.
I haven't hunted over bait, but only because, the season starts about the start of my main work season.