PDA

View Full Version : Conceal Carry Insurance

unclogum bill
10-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of any insurance that protects concealed carry members involved in a righteous shoot from all the BS law- suits and expenses that seem to come with it?.

tomme boy
10-20-2013, 03:39 PM
I have a umbrella policy through State Farm. My agent had to write and get confirmation from the main company. They said if it was a righteous legal shoot, they would pay on the civil suite if there was one.

MtGun44
10-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Yes, there is a company advertising specifically CCW insurance. Something like Carry Safe.
I think it was advertised as $109 per year, seemed reasonable. They provide legal support for
a self defense shooting.

Spend some time searching on the web.

Bill

w5pv
10-24-2013, 03:17 PM
The NRA may have or can recommend a carrier.

oscarflytyer
10-24-2013, 04:19 PM
Heard the one advertising on XM Radio - not sure, maybe Carry Safe. Wondered about it. Surprised State Farm underwrote one. Guess I should check with USAA. Never figured they would...

BTW - if you don't mind, what was the premium amount for the SF coverage? Thanx

tomme boy
10-24-2013, 05:03 PM
I think it was like $100/yr. I have everything lumped together as a monthly payment. It was for 1M$ for the Umbrella Policy.

MtGun44
10-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Here you go.

http://ccwsafe.com/

Bill

1Shirt
10-24-2013, 07:51 PM
It is a he!! of a thing that we may need insurance to protect our 2nd Amendment rights!
1Shirt!

Cmm_3940
10-24-2013, 07:55 PM
http://www.secondcalldefense.org

marvelshooter
10-24-2013, 08:04 PM
It is a he!! of a thing that we may need insurance to protect our 2nd Amendment rights!
1Shirt!
We don't need insurance to protect our 2A rights - we need it to protect us from financial ruin if we should ever be forced to exercise them in lawful self defense of our life. Something is very wrong with that picture. Legally defend yourself and then be sued anyway.

MtGun44
10-24-2013, 09:05 PM
How much do you think Zimmerman had to pay to stay out of jail on a perfectly good
shoot?

Bill

TXGunNut
10-24-2013, 09:22 PM
1Shirt!

I agree but I hope I'm not the first to tell you that after even a very clearcut good shooting you can expect to be sued, even arrested. Inmates are running the asylum, it's our job to get thru it in one piece and good insurance is a part of that plan.

Oreo
10-24-2013, 11:37 PM
The question is whether the expense of the insurance is justified. Is it a good value considering most people will never have to shoot in self defense? For me, the gun is the insurance. I don't have insurance to protect my auto insurance or insurance to protect my home owner's insurance and I don't see myself insuring against what may happen in a self defense shoot.

A better choice would be to live in a state with good legal protections like castle doctrine and stand your ground laws.

tomme boy
10-25-2013, 12:56 AM
What? Like Florida? No thanks!

Jeff82
10-25-2013, 12:08 PM
USCCA also offers insurance and legal resources. The trouble is figuring out if the insurance and services are any good. When I was in security and private investigation work, if you were authorized to carry a gun, you also needed to be bonded. I'd like to get CCW insurance, but it's hard to verify the qualifications of the various carriers, since this is really a new field of insurance and services.

mikeym1a
10-25-2013, 12:26 PM
I am no expert, by any means. However, in this lawsuit happy society, it makes good sense. However, I would want the same type of coverage for my home, in case I had to exercise my right of self-defense there. Since the incidence of claim on this type of thing will probably be low, it would stand to reason that the premiums would be low as well. Just my view of this.

scarry scarney
10-25-2013, 12:46 PM
Ok, I'll chime in here. But I will admit that I am a recruiter for one of these companies.

Second Call, is backed by NRA, has different levels of defense depending upon the amount of coverage you purchase. Pays for legal for Criminal and Civil. Pays for missed work. Pays for Bail Bond and Attorney Retainer. Online training available. $107 - $431 a year.

United States Concealed Carry, Self-Defense Shield, has different levels of defense depending upon the amount of coverage you purchase. Pays for Criminal and Civil. Pays for Bail Bond and Attorney Retainer. Magazine and Online training available. $197 - $297 a year.

Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network. Backed by well known firearm experts. Money sent to Attorney. Grant available to pay for Criminal and Civil. Expert Witness available for defense. DVD training available. Spouse may also be covered for additional $50. $125 for first year, $85 for renewal.

I have a set of the Armed Citizen Legal Defense Network DVD's and IMHO, the $125 is worth the DVD's alone. Oh, BTW, I asked my State Farm Insurance Agent about the umbrella policy, and he told me it would NOT cover legal defense for a shooting.

Needless to say, if you want more info or you want to purchase one of these plans, please PM for details

unclogum bill
10-25-2013, 01:14 PM
About 4 years back my 23 year old daughter , her first job as a social worker working with Hospice , in Casper Wy rented a small house. I'd been down to visit her and left 2 days earlier, had a visitor. At 3 in the morning a large dark individual slide the sliding door and came in. She had a half grown corgi dog named Sheriff and he sounded the alarm. Also her boyfriend (now husband) was raiding the honey pot fresh, from a 4 week stint in the oil field. That boy ran him off. Daughter said she never seen him so crazy. Must have been a sight to see, his privates swinging in the November breeze as he chased him down the street . He likes to fly fish and I gave him my antique bamboo rod and reel combo as a gift. I was proud of that boy. Thing is I carry, homemade hollow points, He would have not made it out of the house with out lead . But to plug him out side the house would have been a can of worms .Even in the home his mama would claim he was a good boy selling cookies. Insurance might make a difference.

w5pv
10-25-2013, 01:37 PM
unglogum bill,your post and comments made me think of an instance that happened in Lake Charles,La.This man and his girlfriend got into a big ruckus over sex it escalated into her getting into a car a driving off with him hanging onto the hood naked in about 30 degree weather.She drove about ten miles before the law stopped her.I don't think he still had sex on his mind when they stopped.Her dad was an on the job acquaintance and thought it was pretty funny.

tomme boy
10-25-2013, 01:51 PM
The State Farm will not cover the lawyer. You are right. I just called to confirm. But I'm sure the lawyer will sue on a counter suit for a percentage of the win to pay for the whole thing.