PDA

View Full Version : Todays gun show

starmac
10-19-2013, 07:56 PM
We have a good gun show going on this weekend. Some good prices, some decent and some wild prices too, but most wasn't bad.
there is always a lot of private sellers and there was quite a bit of small parts to poke through.

I bought 45 colt brass, supposedly once firer in fifty round containers for 10 bucks a hundred, they had 357 for the same price, I'm thinking about going back tomorrow and getting it.

I picked up a couple weaver (el paso) scopes. A k3 and a K2.5. The K 2.5 is a little rough on the outside, but it is clear, and they both have the post and crosshair that I like.

I picked up a holleywood universal 12 station press that is a monster. I also picked up a cigar box full of dies and goodies, some of them hollywood.

I am still kicking myself for not getting a M 99 before it sold, and talked to a guy that bought a M99 that 250/3000 that I passed up last year because it had a new barrel on it. He claims it is a shooter, so I am kicking myself for passing that one up last year. lol

One vendor had powder than I have seen it in stores here for several years, but the only primers that I seen were 40 bucks a thousand.

oldarkie
10-20-2013, 09:01 AM
sounds like a good show,$40.00 seems to be the new norm.

MtGun44
10-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I saw a complete AR lower, ready to go with everything, stock, internals parts,etc for $125.
Brand new polymer unit. A friend has one like it and it works fine. Amazing.

Primers were $35-38, all kinds available in quantity. Powder available and $24 -27 a lb. AR
mags back to $6-15 depending on what it is and condition. .22 LR ammo is still insanely
priced $40-50 per brick seems like the new "normal price". I'm not buying at that price. Not a
lot of the .22 ammo was available, although it was there and you could get it.

Everything seems available.

Bill

starmac
10-20-2013, 01:35 PM
There were only a couple vendors that had any 22 ammo at all, and not much at that. They were asking insane prices, so I just bypassed their tables and didn't even look at the rest of their stuff. I didn't notice anyone buying any.

I did see a 10/22 that had a light colored stock, but was nice looking for 125 bucks, which is way cheaper than I have ever seen them around here. There was also a nice old model single six supposedly made in 57 for 300, I checked it out several times and would have brought it home if I hadn't bought one last week. lol
I going back in a little bit and will likely look at it a few more times. lol

Kraschenbirn
10-20-2013, 06:01 PM
We had a show here this weekend, too. Lots of new stuff...ARs, Glocks, Kimbers, 10/22s, etc...prices have come down some but nothing that really tweaked my interest. Very few milsurps and not much in the way of decent 'used', either. Very little in the way of reloading supplies/equipment and absolutely NO casting stuff. One guy had a bunch of milsurp brass, bullets, mags, and some pull-down powders but his prices were (IMO) were a bit(?) on the steep side...$3 ea. for Garand clips, $2.50 ea. for LE strippers, $20/100 for M80 FMJs, etc. He had a few 8# jugs of WC860 marked at $180 ea. but said he'd knock off a few bucks if I wanted more than one jug. I just shrugged and told him I'd have to pass. (I've got 8# of AA2700 @ $142 coming in tomorrow and I'm splitting the Hazmat with two other guys who are getting primers on the same order.)

Only thing I saw that looked like a good deal was a pretty decent CZ-75 for $450 but the guy wasn't interested in a trade and wouldn't budge off his price. My buddy did latch onto a used Bianchi holster for his Smith M13 for $25.

I walked out empty handed but figured it was a better way to kill a Saturday morning than doing yard work.

Bill

FISH4BUGS
10-20-2013, 06:13 PM
Thanks for the gun show reports guys. It is nice to see things start to come back. I think I have ALWAYS seen gun shows with rare deals, mostly selling just iron, and prices that are just a bit too high. Now sometimes the prices are just insane, both on guns and components. The panic may be slowing down.
But it is good to see what is actually going on out there in different parts of the country

starmac
10-20-2013, 08:04 PM
well I went back today and bought some 357 brass that I had made up my mind to buy yesterday, but forgot. I also picked a case XX meat cleaver and an old schrade sharp finger knife. (not sure why). I also picked up some reloading blocks at 2 bucks a piece and an oooold 32 caliber muzzle loader project gun, major project. lol (really not sure why) That one was no doubt a mistake and a waste of money, but I have wasted more on worse things. lol

This show has quite a few old milsurps, and a few parts bags full of milsurp parts, but I don't know enough about them to even begin to say if they were decent deals or not.
There was a sporterized 8mm mouser that was one fine mouth watering rifle for 325, and a check v24 3006 very nicely done with a international stock there that sure gave me some ideas of what to do with mine. lol

When I first got there yesterday there was a nice looking marlin in 41 mag for 550, but it disappeared before I made the rounds back to it.
All in all it was a good show, and I'm happy I got a good deal (affordable antway) on a nice hollywood press, and some brass.

AlaskanGuy
10-20-2013, 09:30 PM
Your gunna have to post pics of all that cool stuff you got.... wE wAnT PiCs.....

starmac
10-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Well believe it or not I used to use photo bucket and post picks BUT I got tired of the internet and stayed off of it for a couple years or more,and can't remember how to even log into my photobucket account. lolI really don't even know if I still have a way to connect the camera to the computer. lol Maybe I should update a little bit. lol

I started to buy 44/40 and 48/40 brass today just because there are probably some members here that used it, and one vendor had a bunch very reasonable.