PDA

View Full Version : Lee Mold Misaligned help

mrblue
10-19-2013, 02:59 PM
During a casting session, I was going along quite well. Well when i did a drop i heard an odd splash in the water. Didnt think much of it till my mold woundnt close properly. I opened it up and found one of the pins had fallen out. I put it back in the lee mold and let it cool down. I went and tried it the other day and Its now dropping my boolits that are not symetrical. They are mismatched. Is there anything I can do to realign them? Or sound i look at the new lee design or look for a better mold? Any tips or help

pearcetopher
10-19-2013, 04:12 PM
lee is bs Ive had nothing but problems with their products

whoever puts the quality control stickers on their moulds must be blind, perhaps they are employing handicappers now

leadman
10-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Open the sprue plate and see if there is light showing between the blocks. If there is maybe the pin you reinstalled is holding it open. Drive it back until the blocks close with no light between them.
I use permanent strength loc-tite on the pins I reinstall and also use a pointed punch to peen metal surrounding the pin over the face of the pin if possible. If that fails call Andy Lee and see if they have any oversized pins. I used to get them from one of the techs there but he no longer works at Lee.
Make sure the pins get lubed regularly as this helps minimized the problems with them. I use Bullplate lube, others use other brands of 2 stroke engine oil.