PDA

View Full Version : Grown Man Attacked by Coyotes

jcwit
10-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Just now on FOX News. Looks like even the adults aren't safe now.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/3-coyotes-attack-man-during-walk-to-work/

Gator 45/70
10-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Even the coyotes know about the new gun control in Colorado

Shuz
10-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Out here in Washington state, we worry about wolves more than coyotes. Our deer and elk herds have been greatly affected.

bangerjim
10-17-2013, 05:35 PM
I had the same problem......... except I was leaving a bar and was attacked by a pack of cougars. I must say, those older gals know how to have a good time!

[smilie=s:

banger

leeggen
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Few yrs ago had 2 yotes trail my son out of the woods. It had snowed lightly and when he came in from a hunt he told me he had heard some rusling noise as he walk the trail we went up about 50 ft and here was a pair of yote track paralleling him home. We rained terror on yote that winter. Def got my attention.
CD

Bzcraig
10-17-2013, 10:43 PM
THEY say man is at the top of the food chain. Suppose THEY should tell the predators? I hope THEY videotape THEM telling 'em, probably have some new Darwin Award winners.

Garyshome
10-17-2013, 11:28 PM
They have been getting a lot of deer here in NC. If I see one i shoot it.

uscra112
10-17-2013, 11:40 PM
I'm in gas country here. All summer there's been a crew installing a pipeline just over the ridge from my pasture, 'bout 1/4 mile away. No coyotes all summer, and no deer to be seen either. Job was finished last month, and the 'yotes were right back howling out in the pasture a couple nights ago. Guess I'm not paranoid for carrying a handgun when I'm up on the hill. Wish I could afford a good night vision scope.

10x
10-18-2013, 08:12 AM
THEY say man is at the top of the food chain. Suppose THEY should tell the predators? I hope THEY videotape THEM telling 'em, probably have some new Darwin Award winners.

Man in the woods is only at the top of the food chain if they carry a gun. It is that simple.
it is improvident to walk through any rural or wooded area frequented by large predators without a gun.

missionary5155
10-18-2013, 08:41 AM
Good morning
Sadly people do not read history or they read the "new revised history".
I remember the "old timer" stories in SW Michigan of "wild dog drives" and the final end to the northern wolf menace.
But lets face it.. vehicle insurance companies had a deer crisis to contend with. Profits were on a long time decline. Public safety matters little to the pocket book of CEO's, stock holder profits and political re-election.
Bow hunters could not keep up with the deer population explosion and we all have heard so often "how guns are so evil".
In east ILLinois it is the cougars "they" set free. They are multiplying. They will kill. The weakest or slowest will die first. Farm I hunt lost all their cats. No more ground hogs. No rabbits. I warned the old crippled Korea Vet to be real careful about getting to far out without his double barrel.
Mike in Peru

Olevern
10-18-2013, 09:42 AM
All an attempt to reduce numbers of game animals and therefore make it less desirable for sheeple to own guns. Guess which side of the political spectrum that sentiment comes from? "We don't need no huntin; we got wolves and cougars"

LuvMy1911
10-18-2013, 12:21 PM
All an attempt to reduce numbers of game animals and therefore make it less desirable for sheeple to own guns. Guess which side of the political spectrum that sentiment comes from? "We don't need no huntin; we got wolves and cougars"

I've heard this retarded argument from libs in Illinois years ago... They support it mainly as a cure all... Thinking that it will reduce number of wild games animals so that sport hunting "will no longer be needed" to control populations... Many see it a as a great way to disarm the citizens, Who won't "need" guns, when "nature's true balance" is restored, and there is so few game animals that hunting will be a waste of time.

No amount of logic debate ever seemed to deter these folks from their beliefs. For example, They seem to have no idea that re-introduced preditors will prey upon livestock meant to feed people. Or that their precious "pocket sized pets" mostly very small dogs and cats don't stand a chance against medium or large preditors. Most seemed determined that preditors would NEVER come into a village, town or city to forage for food, despite the obvious fact that is has and will continue to happen.

gray wolf
10-18-2013, 12:25 PM
Well men at 71 years old Julie and I talk a lot about being attacked, she talks about attacking me and I talk about attacking her. Then we change chairs and talk about it again.

popper
10-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Grey Wolf - do that to Polka or Waltz music?

grumman581
10-18-2013, 03:25 PM
Yes, Man is at the top of the food chain. Unfortunately, certain animals did not get the memo.

ElDorado
10-18-2013, 04:42 PM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/10/16/coyote-attack-victim-glad-it-was-him-and-not-a-child/

Pictures of the victim.

Love Life
10-18-2013, 06:54 PM
When I am armed, I am at the top of the food chain. When I am armed I know that I can become a snack. I stay armed.

BorderBrewer
10-18-2013, 07:28 PM
With the passage of Proposition 117 in 1990, mountain lions became a "specially protected species," making mountain lion hunting illegal in California. Within a few generations, mountain lion attacks started happening. Mountain Lion sightings in neighborhoods and school yards have now become a common occurrence. They no longer remember having the hounds on their trail and have lost their fear of man.

MtGun44
10-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Several have made the critical point, and I will reiterate. ONLY armed humans are at the
top of the food chain. Our OEM weapons - teeth and claws are essentially useless in a fight,
unlike a canine or feline predator. Our brains are our primary weapons, which allowed us
to invent and build really good weapons like firearms. In a pinch a few folks have successfully
defended themselves against cougar attacks with Buck knives. NOT fun, but they lived.

Good knife at all times and a good handgun, too.

Bill

MBTcustom
10-18-2013, 08:03 PM
Hogs have been known to tear up hunters pretty badly, and we have lots of coyotes here too.
I used to worry about it.
Now I have an M1A.

Moondawg
10-19-2013, 11:56 AM
A few years ago, Gov. Perry of Texas caught all sorts of flack from the press because he shot a yote that was about to attack him and his dog while they were jogging. According to the press he was mean and cruel to shot the poor yote, and some kind of dangerous maniac for carrying a pistol while out jogging. most of us just though he showed good common sense, something politicians often lack.

geargnasher
10-19-2013, 12:16 PM
Imagine that, a self-reliant conservative leader exercising his personal civil rights. How "unpolitical" of him.

Gear

Love Life
10-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Imagine that, a self-reliant conservative leader exercising his personal civil rights. How "unpolitical" of him.

Gear

Truly terrible. I cried myself to sleep when I read the story of the poor coyote that was murdered for just doing what comes natural to it. I shed chocodile tears.

popper
10-19-2013, 12:48 PM
Could have been this - http://www.youtube.com/embed/eryxAcsTcOA?rel=0

AK Caster
10-19-2013, 03:18 PM
That guy is lucky he is still alive. Coyotes are great pack hunters and I am surprised three of them left the guy get away.