PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive/compulsive?

Jim
11-04-2007, 11:37 AM
When I go to the club range, I always see brass. The more I find, the more excited I get.:-D I find myself going from bay to bay looking through the brass cans and picking up brass for every caliber I have. For cryin' out loud, how much brass do ya' need!?:confused: I bring it home, process it and stow it.
Truth be told, it really is like a therapy for me 'cause I so much enjoy "running brass".
It ain't gonna be long before I'm gonna need to find people that really need some and start giving it away. I've only got so much room and it's getting crowded now.

Calibers available in excess:
.223 LC
.30-06 LC
.38 SPL.

Accumulating fast:
9MM
.40 S&W
.357 Mag.
.45 ACP

ktw
11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
I've only got so much room and it's getting crowded now.

I have an old filing cabinet dedicated to brass. Drawers are partitioned by cartridge with used, flat rate boxes. Brass is bagged in quart ziplocks. Inventory says something north of 13,000 pieces. And thats just the cartridges I have a use for. [smilie=1:

I don't get to a public range often, but did visit one earlier this week. .223, 308, 30-06 and 6.5x55. The 6.5x55 really made my day. :drinks:

One other guy stopped by while I was there and fired off some 300 Weatherby Mag. Only six shots and he took his brass with him. :-?

-ktw

armoredman
11-04-2007, 02:58 PM
I could use some .223....but nobody ever fires anything but Wolf out here.

joatmon
11-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Jim ol buddy!!! Not seen you since last time.Remember the 223 and 308 I loaned ya? Bout a hundred of each if I remember right. Then there was all those plastic cartrage trays for 38 and 45acp belive it was enough too stuff a large flat rate box.---------------- What do ya mean not you why I couda swore------------

Y2K
11-04-2007, 07:16 PM
What's chances of scoring some 30-06LC from you?

Jim
11-05-2007, 07:48 AM
"Headin' out to San Fransisco.......". Oh, wait, that's Jimmy buffet.:-D Start over.
Headin' out to the range this AM, gettin' all my stuff ready. That obsessive/compulsive monster has raised his ugly head again. I catch myself lookin' around for an empty 5 gal. bucket. :roll:
Now for the justification, which PROVES it's real:(: It's therapy for me! Besides, there's guys on the board askin' for spare brass. If that ain't enough, I'm on the club executive committee and I'm responsible for seeing that the range rules are observed, like policing your brass. If I leave it there, what kind of example is that to others?
I GOTTA PICK IT UP!!:mrgreen:

woody1
11-05-2007, 09:45 AM
That obsessive/compulsive monster has raised his ugly head again. I GOTTA PICK IT UP!!:mrgreen:

Obsessive/compulsive? Nope. Thrifty! :)Regards, Woody

BD
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Hi Jim,
Did you join Mid Carolina? It looked like a pretty nice club to me. Keep me in mind when you need to unload the .45 acp and .357 brass. I lose that stuff in the grass at IDPA matches all the time. I have a coupon for some indoor range time at Shooters Choice in Columbia I'd be happy to give you. They gave it to me when I bought my safe and I'll never use it. I can shoot indoors here any time. It's outdoor opportunities which are lacking in the Low Country. If you PM me your mailing address I'll send it to you.
BD

ebner glocken
11-05-2007, 06:11 PM
If you're wanting to get rid of some .38 SPL PM me for quanity/shipping info and cost.