PDA

View Full Version : OK why is thermostat knob on Lee 10# stuck

Patrick L
10-14-2013, 07:22 AM
The temp knob on my 10# Lee pot is totally stuck. It was fine a month or so ago, the last time I fired up the pot. Moderate "help" with pliers and a punch and hammer did no good and I don't want to force things.

Any ideas?

Sasquatch-1
10-14-2013, 08:08 AM
My old Lee 10# pot was easy to disassemble. Try taking it apart and look at the rheostat. Hopefully it hasn't soldered itself together. Also, I have ordered replacement part directly from Lee and their shipping is extremely reasonable. A new rheostat is only $8.00 + shipping which is usually around $4.00.

montana_charlie
10-14-2013, 12:24 PM
Moderate "help" with pliers and a punch and hammer did no good and I don't want to force things.
Take the knob off and give the shaft a tiny squirt of WD40. Let that penetrate for an hour and try it again (with the pliers, if necessary) and try to get a small amount of movement back and forth. If It's still 'sticky' another dab of WD40 should free it up.

CM

Patrick L
10-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks guys! That did work, except I used a little Kroil since that's what was handy. The shaft seemed to have rusted. I'll fire up the pot later and make sure it works, and if it doesn't I know the replacement parts are cheap and available.