PDA

View Full Version : Orphan Mould Handles

TXGunNut
10-14-2013, 12:35 AM
Terrible thing, no idea how it happened. I've been buying moulds at a liesurely, measured, conservative pace ;-) and something terrible happened. I lost track. I proudly secured a new set of Lee Commercial mould handles to my shiny new 360-235 Thor GB moulds today and broke it in, right after I broke in the NOE 311041 mould that was giving me grief. Seems every new mould has a required regimen and I'm a slow learner, if I don't write it down I have to learn it again. :oops:
So, after loading a few 311041 boolits and a nice pile of 360-235 Thor boolits I cleaned up a bit and even put away my new moulds. I've lost track of how many I've acquired in my two or three years as a boolit caster so i decided to count them. Came up with 16 (I think) but there's a problem. I also found a NIB set of mould handles, no idea what they go on. :shock:
Guess I better check the GB section, can't recall signing up for another mould but there's this poor little set of handles in an unopened box. No idea how that happened, did Larry put them on sale or something? [smilie=l:

Mk42gunner
10-14-2013, 09:57 AM
You mean you have a set of handles for every mold?:shock:

The way I see it, you have two choices-- 1. Buy a few more molds. or 2. Send the extra handles to me for proper disposal. (Yeah that's it proper disposal).:kidding:

Robert

texassako
10-14-2013, 10:03 AM
It's a trap to lure you into buying another mold. You will forget where the handles are when it comes in.

w5pv
10-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you may getting above the middle age stage.I am accused of all kind of things that I know I haven't done,misplacing tools, forgetting to lock things up.but that is enough for now could write a book on the subject/

TXGunNut
10-14-2013, 09:32 PM
You mean you have a set of handles for every mold?:shock:

The way I see it, you have two choices-- 1. Buy a few more molds. or 2. Send the extra handles to me for proper disposal. (Yeah that's it proper disposal).:kidding:

Robert

I only have one set of Lyman handles for 5 moulds, all my aluminum moulds have dedicated handles. For some reason I prefer Lyman handles for my Lyman 1 & 2 cav moulds but I won't pony up the bucks for a dedicated set of Lyman handles for moulds I don't use very often.
Moulds are like leverguns, I guess. Once you get more than a couple they start reproducing. Somehow I don't see that set of handles staying NIB for long, even if I can't think of a mould I need or even want.
If things don't work out for the little tyke I'll PM you for an address.

Mk42gunner
10-14-2013, 10:38 PM
I only have one set of Lyman handles for 5 moulds, all my aluminum moulds have dedicated handles. For some reason I prefer Lyman handles for my Lyman 1 & 2 cav moulds but I won't pony up the bucks for a dedicated set of Lyman handles for moulds I don't use very often.
Moulds are like leverguns, I guess. Once you get more than a couple they start reproducing. Somehow I don't see that set of handles staying NIB for long, even if I can't think of a mould I need or even want.
If things don't work out for the little tyke I'll PM you for an address.

I'll be waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

TXGunNut
10-15-2013, 09:09 PM
[smilie=l: