PDA

View Full Version : My new Accurate custom mold.....I Love it!

SCHUETZENBOOMER
10-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I ordered a custom(3) cavity Accurate mold last Tuesday. It was in my mailbox Friday afternoon! I could not believe it. This is the first brass mold that I have ever cast with and I absolutely love it! I ordered designs off the website. The first cavity being a 250gr, the next a 210gr and the last the 280grainer modeled after the Ideal 35809. I finally gave up on trying to secure a 35809 on ebay. After cleaning and applying some moldplate, I started casting with some Lyman#2 and it cast perfectly on 0.3600" within a couple tenths! Bullet fall out of the mold on opening....I am not used to this and it REALLY made casting a lot more enjoyable. I have (6) different .35cal rifles and have wanted to cast for them for a long time. Back in 1989 I designed a series of wildcat cartridges based on the success I was having with the .257Rob't Improved. I could not build a rifle in this caliber that was not a tack driver. I started with 8X57mm brass and built an improved version but then decided to push the shoulder forward another 2mm. One thing led to another and I ended up with (10) calibers. I chambered a few for customers but mostly just had fun working up loads. Mow my goal is to continue working up CAST loads. Went to the range today to chrono some of the 210grainers while fireforming. As usual, the groups were far better than I ever expected. I say "as usual" because it seems like any of the Ackley Improved style cartridges are inherently accurate from the get-go. Enough babble, here are some pics of the mold, the bullets and my "GP" cartridge board. The bullets are in front of the .350GP, second from the right. Already planning the molds for the .330GP and .375GP.

BubbaJon
10-13-2013, 11:12 PM
Yup - he does good work and they cast to exactly what you spec.
I was too chicken to try the brass mold and stuck with the aluminum. maybe next time...