PDA

View Full Version : What to do about crazy people???

375supermag
10-13-2013, 07:25 PM
Hi...
I may never go to the local convenience store unarmed again after what happened earlier today.
I drove down to the local store to get gas for the lawnmowers today and was nearly assaulted by a motorist.
I had to wait until one vehicle backed away from the pumps and then pulled in behind a Lincoln Navigator that was sitting at the next pump. I was careful to leave plenty of room in case they needed to put something in the back.

I was submitting my cents off card and began pumping gas into the can when the "lady" driving the Navigator walked and started yelling. At first, I thought something had happened until I realized that she was very angry with me for reasons unknown.

She started toward me before I turned towards her and she returned to her vehicle while screaming and pointing at me. At that point, I realized there was a man in the passenger seat.
She then started screaming in the window at him while continuing to point towards me.
I really couldn't understand what she was saying except for some swear words.
I never responded and she got in and drove off.
I am pretty sure that I could have defended myself against her but the guy would have made the situation more difficult given my two recent cancer surgeries.
I guess bottom line is always be armed.

btroj
10-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Were you wearing an Obama shirt? I would point and yell at that too!

What to do about crazy people? Avoid them when possible. Otherwise, until there is a season on them there isn't much else to do.

smokeywolf
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM
Sorry you had a bad time but, imagine what her husband puts up with.
As a matter of fact, sounds reminiscent of my 2nd wife. When I sent her back to her very wealthy mommy and daddy, my neighbors actually thanked me. They said they were tired of hearing her constant yelling at me, my son, and when we weren't home they said she was yelling at the dogs.
I was never able to tame that shrew.

smokeywolf

waco
10-13-2013, 07:45 PM
were you wearing an obama shirt? I would point and yell at that too!

What to do about crazy people? Avoid them when possible. Otherwise, until there is a season on them there isn't much else to do.

lmao!!!!!

TXGunNut
10-13-2013, 08:24 PM
Crazy people? Hehehehehehehehe... ;-) They're fun in small doses but Smokeywolf is right, pity the poor fool in the passenger seat. You spent less than a minute with her, he went home with the raving wench.

oldred
10-13-2013, 09:29 PM
Were you wearing an Obama shirt?

In that case it's not the person yelling and swearing that's crazy!!!!!

btroj
10-13-2013, 09:40 PM
In that case it's not the person yelling and swearing that's crazy!!!!!

Exactly

Pistol Champ
10-13-2013, 09:44 PM
You were armed. Did you ever see how far the gas shoots out of a pump.

300savage
10-13-2013, 09:48 PM
sounds like it is more likely because you were not wearing an obama shirt.
the second A bumper sticker probably didnt help matters either.
and the poor sap in the passenger seat was most likely sayin " woman would you shut up and drive before you really pizz that redneck off.." and h-ll no im not getting out, gauranteed he has a gun in there somwhere.....

Chihuahua Floyd
10-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Like Piston Champ said, you where armed. If you have never been bathed in gas, don't try it.
CF

Artful
10-13-2013, 10:03 PM
Being armed is a state of mind as well as tools - The car is a weapon, the gas pump is a weapon -
if you want to carry give yourself options - CS/Mace other non lethal - knife and firearm

historicfirearms
10-13-2013, 10:30 PM
You were armed. Did you ever see how far the gas shoots out of a pump.

Good point! Exactly how far does it shoot?

TXGunNut
10-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Good point! Exactly how far does it shoot?

Depends on the pump, arm's length is all you need.

Garyshome
10-13-2013, 11:03 PM
Best to not say anything, no sense in stirrin up a bee huve!

optimator
10-13-2013, 11:04 PM
you were armed. Did you ever see how far the gas shoots out of a pump.
bwhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

375RUGER
10-14-2013, 09:50 AM
You really shouldn't go anywhere unarmed. You just never know what sort you are going to run into nowadays.

archmaker
10-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Speaking from experience, deisel in the eyes, mouth, and the rest of the body is not a pleasant experience, gasoline would have to be worse. (Of course solvent would be worse, sat in a small spot of it once and it blistered the hide).

Also a real handy weapon on some cars . . . the old spring steel antenna (my new F150 has one of that style). You can really put a 'whoopin!' on someone using it.

w5pv
10-14-2013, 01:25 PM
You had the best weapon for the situation,the gas pump.I know this guy that had a black punk sic a chow on him and he washed both him and the black down with the gasoline,What started the altercation I do not know but it ended pretty quick.I think he had to pay for the clean up of the gas but was not charged with anything.

375supermag
10-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the responses...

I considered pointing the gas nozzle at her, but I don't know if that would have helped.
No bumper stickers on my vehicles. I have had a carry permit for 37 years and always thought bumper stickers were a good way to provoke reaction (not always a good thing).

I have been stopping at this convenience store for nearly 20 years, ever since we built our current home and have never had an issue there (or much of anywhere else for that matter). I need to be careful about firearms in my vehicles as I travel to Maryland on a daily basis for work and they don't recognize my carry permit plus it is against the law to leave an unattended firearm in a vehicle in Maryland.

I guess the moral of the story is crazy people are where you find them...just be prepared.

No more 5-minute runs to the store unarmed...one crazy person is enough to get my attention.

DHurtig
10-14-2013, 07:51 PM
My wife thinks I qualify as one of the crazies or rude at the very least. She doesn't understand that I recognize and have chosen to nurture my inner Walter Mathau (sp?). The older I get, the less tolerance I have for stupid people and the stupid things they say and do. It is my firm belief that stupid people do not know that they are stupid, so they need to be told.

Recently while at Walmart the cash register was acting up and the poor lady working the register was taking no end of verbal abuse from the woman being checked out. When things finally got worked out and the customer was packing her belongings, I told her" I'm sorry, but I could not help but over hear and curiosity forces me to ask. Are you having a particularly bad day or are you always a nasty f'ing b'tch?" The woman could not speak and made gasping noises as she gathered her belongings and stormed off. The cashier smiled at me and mouthed the words " Thank you".

Frank46
10-14-2013, 11:01 PM
God must love crazy people that's why he made so many of them. From one of the Rambo movies. Frank

unclogum bill
10-16-2013, 01:06 AM
For23 years I was a 1 man plumber business, went in and out of over 800 homes a year . About 1 out of 10 of the walk a rounds would benefit from counseling. Had guns put on me twice, more spooky, were the naked women. Screamed at ,accused of thief. Seemed like unwritten law was if you touched the doorknob to the home anything that broke was yours to fix. Even threatened with a suit by l guy who saw me working on his neighbors house and was sure his problems were mine. People some times don't even know where they live. That said , I carry, but glad most of the time I don't. See your primary weapon is your brain. With a gun to back you you use brain less. Once you pull the trigger is when trouble really starts.

bob208
10-17-2013, 12:38 PM
I have had my share of them in stores. I have found a good release of methane gas gets them to move along.

snaketail
10-17-2013, 12:56 PM
Thank Ronald Reagan - "reagan-nomics" cut state's funding that was previously used to treat the mentally challenged.
Seen the movie "World War Z?"
Consider that World War C might be closer than you think.
(And don't make eye contact.)

M

PS: I like the methane gas idea - I'm usually packn

Recluse
10-18-2013, 10:28 AM
Thank Ronald Reagan - "reagan-nomics" cut state's funding that was previously used to treat the mentally challenged.
Seen the movie "World War Z?"
Consider that World War C might be closer than you think.
(And don't make eye contact.)

M

PS: I like the methane gas idea - I'm usually packn

Boy, THIS might set a record. . .

I'm used to all the idiots who still "blame Bush," but now I see we still have some hanger-ons who want to go all the way back to blaming Reagan. [smilie=b:

Say hello to Frank.

:coffee:

popper
10-18-2013, 03:29 PM
^^^ what he said.

dtknowles
10-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Boy, THIS might set a record. . .

I'm used to all the idiots who still "blame Bush," but now I see we still have some hanger-ons who want to go all the way back to blaming Reagan. [smilie=b:

Say hello to Frank.

:coffee:

Reagan did the right thing to get the Fed's out of State's business but many state did not pick up the ball. The State just tried to close one of the few local state financed mental health facilities in the area the people pushed back and the State is keeping it open.

I am glad the Fed's are not sending the State money for this and the oversight and meddling along with the waste that comes from Federal involvement and I am glad the State did not shut the facility down. I would gladly pay for taxes to my State to keep more of the crazies off the street. Thirty cents of every dollar I pay in state income tax comes out of my Federal income tax. It should be 100%.

Tim

snaketail
10-18-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm an Out-of-State Texan, and still blame Bush for most things, however Obama cost me my teaching career at the University of Texas.
If you really want to go back - take a look at JFK's policies, LBJ didn't have much of a clue, Nixon really was a crook, Ford - was a joke, Carter - tried but failed, Reagan - "reagan-nomics", George H - almost caused another Viet Nam, Clinton - well, we were all Reagan rich and no one really cared about that fat girl, George W - made me a Democrat, Obama - made me an independent.
We've gotten it wrong enough times - maybe next time we'll get the "right" president in office.

I'll hang up and listen now.

M

Love Life
10-18-2013, 09:22 PM
How did Obama cost you your job? Please tell me you voted for him...