PDA

View Full Version : Thanks kfarm!

JB Weld
10-13-2013, 08:09 AM
After reading these posts where you all have helped out so many new guys, I though I would like to publicly thank kfarm for helping me get started!

I had posted on a local forum some hand-loading questions. Kfarm responded to my questions and invited me to come over to his shop for an education. He is so generous with me and takes the time to answer all my questions. I am sure he gets tired of them. The first time I went to his shop, I left with the new Hornady manual, and a bag full of stuff! The last time I was there, we spent some time lubing bullets. I had done a trade deal with another fellow (in Northern AR) for about 500 30Cal "soup can" bullets. kfarm showed me how to lube those bullets. We just sat there and talked Handloading. He was putting on the gas checks and I was running them through the lubing/sizing press. He explained to me how to make the lube and what the gas checks were for. I will be shooting those bullets through my old Savage 840 as plinking rounds. Maybe I can pop some squirrels in the head with a few if them. Once he saw my old bolt action 30/30, he said "Hey! You can shoot pointy bullets with that thing!" In about a week, I had found him a seller of a similar Savage so he could shoot pointy bullets through it! He loves to work up loads for accuracy, and it was a new challenge for him. When I left he handed me a box of cast boolits for my old Marlin in 35 Rem, they were sized, lubed, and had gas checks. I have just set up my bench and I plan on loading a few of those as my first rounds (once my dies come in from Midway). It has been a real challenge to find brass for the 35 Rem, but I am almost up to 80 pieces! I have not talked to kfarm in a few weeks, but it is a real blessing to call him friend and mentor.

Thanks kfarm! You are what this section of Cast Boolits is all about! :drinks:

BrassMagnet
10-13-2013, 04:19 PM
This is the way it is supposed to work!

torker
10-21-2013, 08:08 PM
JB Weld, That's nice of you there. We were all newbies at one time also. It's such a nice feeling to find someone who will not only assist you, but to be there for you. Maybe you can make a big pot of squirrel stew, and have a bowl with kfarm..Just a thought..