PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Stress Relief!

TXGunNut
10-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Rough week, leave it at that. Meeting my shooting buddy @ 9A tomorrow so as soon as I hit the door I went into the loading room. Took 60 cases from the cleaner, loaded three different cartridges, five different loads, four different powders and three different boolits. And dressed up a pizza and put it in the oven when I was down to my last 20 rounds. Two hours well spent! Wine and pizza tasting great and I'm not afraid to take my blood pressure now. :bigsmyl2:

Lefty SRH
10-11-2013, 10:43 PM
I hear ya brother!

Lefty SRH
10-11-2013, 10:44 PM
More impotantly what wine ya drinkin?

TXGunNut
10-11-2013, 11:11 PM
More impotantly what wine ya drinkin?

Just a decent cab, Oak Leaf to be exact. Pizza had homemade Italian sausage on it from last year's wild piggy harvest, taken with CB's, of course. :drinks:

Lefty SRH
10-12-2013, 09:35 AM
I tried Oak Leaf and it gave me an almost instant headache, tasted good though. Look for Gnarly Head cab, thats some good stuff. I likes me some wine now.... :)

TXGunNut
10-12-2013, 02:36 PM
I tried Oak Leaf and it gave me an almost instant headache, tasted good though. Look for Gnarly Head cab, thats some good stuff. I likes me some wine now.... :)

I don't like their Merlot but the Shiraz is pretty good, as is their Pinot Grigio.

bandit7.5
10-13-2013, 12:18 AM
Boonesfarm delicious apple is better with pizza AFTER reloading.

Janoosh
10-13-2013, 08:52 AM
Oh man...Boonesfarm was good after anything, back in the late 60's.

bob208
10-13-2013, 09:01 AM
back in the 70's we drank a lot of Boones farm with a 1/4 pint vodka mixed in. gave it a little kick. now I like mead.

Reg
10-13-2013, 09:09 AM
You guys need to be introduced to the wonders of homemade country wines. Sandhill plum, wild pear, crab apple, heck you can make it out of about anything even grass clippings. ( So they say )
Sitting down to a big glass and a good book at the end of a day will remove any and all kinks.

RobS
10-13-2013, 09:45 AM
Columbia Crest, Dancing Bull, and Redwood cabernets are also good wines on cost effective budget.

Glad to hear you were able to relieve some stress from a long week..............I think we've all been there. How did the shooting go?

TXGunNut
10-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Shooting went well, Rob. Thanks. Some things worked, others didn't. Compiled some data and had a good session with my shooting buddy. I'm casting with a couple of new moulds this afternoon. NOE's GB 311041 and the GB 360-235 Thor that JT just shipped out. Both moulds were a handful to figure out but now I understand the value of a good custom mould.
Life is good on my little spot on the prairie. :bigsmyl2:

TXGunNut
10-13-2013, 07:55 PM
In case you're wondering how I'm going to follow a great weekend at the shooting, loading and casting benches I started with a nice single malt Scotch. Emeril's "Gaahlic" sauce fortified by my own Italian sausage, a few "baby 'bella" shrooms and a few secret ingredients is simmering on the stove. I'll drop the pasta in the big pot just before I pull the cork out of something from Robert Mondavi, probably a Pinot Noir or a Cabernet Sauvignon.

leeggen
10-13-2013, 09:38 PM
Wow yall need to learn about homemade sweetcorn wine. You will throw that bought'n stuff out the door.
CD

Lefty SRH
10-13-2013, 10:27 PM
I had some Mondavi cab Friday night.....good stuff

TXGunNut
10-13-2013, 11:04 PM
I had some Mondavi cab Friday night.....good stuff

Certainly is! Tonight's winner was a Pinot Noir by Woodbridge, a Robert Mondavi label. Cooler has a way of removing labels so I had to drink it, right?

WRideout
10-14-2013, 07:20 AM
You guys need to be introduced to the wonders of homemade country wines. Sandhill plum, wild pear, crab apple, heck you can make it out of about anything even grass clippings. ( So they say )
Sitting down to a big glass and a good book at the end of a day will remove any and all kinks.

I have been doing some urban foraging lately; there is about six gallons of wild grape fermenting in my basement, all harvested from a prolific patch of grape vines just off Carson Street on the South Side of Pittsburgh. Also have four gallons of mulberry that all came off a single tree in Schenly Park, next to the University of Pittsburgh. Around home I harvested blackberry, next to Home Depot, and choke cherry right off one of the main streets. These will all go into a red blend that most people like quite a bit.

Wayne

Reg
10-14-2013, 08:49 PM
I have been doing some urban foraging lately; there is about six gallons of wild grape fermenting in my basement, all harvested from a prolific patch of grape vines just off Carson Street on the South Side of Pittsburgh. Also have four gallons of mulberry that all came off a single tree in Schenly Park, next to the University of Pittsburgh. Around home I harvested blackberry, next to Home Depot, and choke cherry right off one of the main streets. These will all go into a red blend that most people like quite a bit.

Wayne

Now you are talking !!!!
Too many Kaliforney types have to quote full pedigree before it seems to be drinkable. Don't know what they are missing.
Just finished up 10 gallons of blackberry and have 5 of grapes from off the vines out back cooking on the stove right now. I tend to extract the juice so I don't have to mess with the pulp.
Have you ever tried a pomice ?

WRideout
10-20-2013, 06:38 AM
Now you are talking !!!!

Have you ever tried a pomice ?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. If I remember correctly pomace is the crushed up apples. I had my eye on an apple tree that was very fruitful, but it's in the yard of an apartment building, and I didn't want to seem like I was raiding their place. The apples just fell on the ground anyway.
Wayne