PDA

View Full Version : Something followed me home from the gun shop.

southpaw
10-11-2013, 10:09 AM
I found a savage 645 westpoint. I don't know why but I took a liking to it. Not like I need another 12ga but I guess one of the kids can drag it through the woods.

I do have a question. It came with a removable choke. Did they come like this or did someone have this done to it? The choke is very tight (.660) and I would like to get another one in mod or full but have no idea who makes it. I did check it with one from my 835, 390, weatherby and 870. The weatherby seemed to fit but I need to take a closer look this afternoon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jerry Jr.

nagantguy
10-11-2013, 10:20 AM
nice find, great little scatter gun, don't know on the chokes but had a similar problem on an old 12 and just had my local smith make me a set of chokes to fit the thread pattern, cost was minimal. Good luck and happy hunting

southpaw
10-12-2013, 08:08 PM
Thanks,

I went ahead and tried the weatherby choke this afternoon. Everything seemed to work out just fine. Only problem that I see is follow up shots. It seems that every time I pull the trigger I put the safety on (I hate cross bolt safeties btw). Patterns looked pretty good and small game starts in about a week, so we shall find out then.

Jerry Jr.