PDA

View Full Version : Central Ohio job seekers - opening at my Employment - Cook/Custodian

Ohio Rusty
10-10-2013, 05:17 PM
If there are folks on here with family looking for decent work, at the school system I work for in Grove City Ohio there are openings for Cooks: $13.84 an hour to start and Custodians: $15.73 an hour to start. Applications must be in to our district office by October 16th. Date of exam is October 26th. If any one is interested, I can send the PDF's of the job descriptions.
Ohio Rusty ><>

starmac
10-10-2013, 06:28 PM
lol It pyts better to sweep the floor than to cook for our kids, how messed up is that. lol

frankenfab
10-10-2013, 06:33 PM
I would have to get paid better if it involved cleaning toilets. :-)

waksupi
10-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Sadder yet, those are considered top wages for most jobs in this area.

Pb2au
10-10-2013, 09:41 PM
Yup, pretty much. Sad isn't it?
Over on the south east side of the state, in the big hills, there simply isn't that much work at all. A lot of the coal industry, if not all, was successfully legislated into extinction. Timber is still somewhat of an industry, but not as big as the western concerns. Pretty much the only bigger companies are blue diamond explosives near Zaleski, and the uranium enrichment plant.

Shepherd2
10-11-2013, 08:54 AM
With the oil boom going on here in SE Ohio passing a drug test is about all it takes to get a good job. I just read where the county directly north of us (Guernsey) has gone from 14% unemployment to 7%. The experts say we haven't seen anything yet. Lots of infrastructure being built and new businesses opening. There is work in the oil & gas, pipeline and construction industries for those that want it. The down side is finding a place to live. The only village in the county (2400 population) has 2 motels under construction and Man Camps are popping up all over. That's 4 travel trailers with electric and water hook ups on a septic system in some one's barnyard or hayfield.

DHurtig
10-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Those starting wages are about $2 an hour over the top of the pay scale for the same jobs here in western South Dakota.